The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Errors After Upgrade 4.9.6.1 (P3D)

16 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Hmm. You say it might be FSDT others say it's PMDG 747, I expect others will say they have neither. The only common factor is P3D 3.4 -- and, mostly, Win 10, though that's only from what i've seen reported. Oh, and FSUIPC.

Pete

Fair point. My experience is that it all worked fine and coexisted until 2nd Feb when I updated both FSDT's addonmanager and FSUIPC. I probably should have done one at a time but against my better judgement went ahead and did both in one go. Prior to this, didn't really have any issues.

1 hour ago, Sumits81 said:

Pete, just for your info- I'm also having the issue (best described as FSDT causing a failed FSUIPC launch) using v4.957b. No logs in WinEvents and FSUIPC.log suggests it shutdown cleanly.

4.957c!? Well,, yes, I'm definitely thinking I'm not going to fix this by FSUIPC changes only.

This is with P3D 3.4.xx?  Because so far that's the only (other) common factor.

Please see my pinned post at the top of the Forum.

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

4.957c!? Well,, yes, I'm definitely thinking I'm not going to fix this by FSUIPC changes only.

This is with P3D 3.4.xx?  Because so far that's the only (other) common factor.

Please see my pinned post at the top of the Forum.

Pete

Yes, it's P3D 3.4. I just hope FSDT pull their fingers out and do something about it. 

3 hours ago, B77X said:

I have FSX Steam and the same issue with error messages on closing and warning when starting fsx about fsuipc.dll having a problem.

If it is asking you whether to run it or not then it isn't the same problem. You need to let it run. It's a timing problem in SimConnect "trust" code which has been there in all versions of FSX and FSX-SE. There's a thread about it in the FAQ subforum above. Once it goes through once without a problem reported then it works forever after. Most folks never get this problem at all, but in the worst cases it seems to occur on every new FSUIPC update.

Pete

52 minutes ago, Sumits81 said:

I PM'd you my email address; if there's anything you'd like us to try please just drop me an email.

As I've said before, and explained in my pinned post at the top of the Forum (why are folks not reading these?), I have already started a closed test session with updates by email only. Please see the pinned thread and drop me an email. It works better that way because it all goes into a separate folder on my system and I can contain it.

I'm afraid I don't really like the PM system as I cannot organise it. I used to be able to disable it, but the later Forum software won't let me do that. But I only tend to check PMs once or twice a week. Sorry.

Pete

32 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I'm afraid I don't really like the PM system as I cannot organise it. I used to be able to disable it, but the later Forum software won't let me do that. But I only tend to check PMs once or twice a week. Sorry.

Pete

Email sent.

On 2/6/2017 at 1:44 AM, Pete Dowson said:

If it is asking you whether to run it or not then it isn't the same problem. You need to let it run. It's a timing problem in SimConnect "trust" code which has been there in all versions of FSX and FSX-SE. There's a thread about it in the FAQ subforum above. Once it goes through once without a problem reported then it works forever after. Most folks never get this problem at all, but in the worst cases it seems to occur on every new FSUIPC update.

Pete

I get that popup message every time after installing the latest GSX installers. I download your latest fsuipc installer and run it after running gsx and it fixes it. I am on fsx steam