The simFlight Network Forums

P3D Crash on startup or on exit with FSUIPC enabled

2 hours ago, Begad Khallaf said:

2391 Exception 5 "VERSION_MISMATCH", Ref 1, Version 0.60905: Open: SimConnect Version incorrect!

I've just spotted the likely reason for your problems.  You are using a very olf P3D3.   See this item in the 4.966c changes list:

The version of SimConnectP3D3.DLL installed with 4.965 was not compatible with all earlier
versions of P3D3 – probably anything earlier than P3D3.4. This was a shock and surprise as the SimConnect libraries are normally backward compatible within the major versions.
The version now installed is compiled against P3D3.2.2, so is certainly okay with anything from that one to the latest 3.4.
I’m afraid I can’t guarantee it for 3.0 or 3.1 releases as I do not have them now.

The critical part is in red. 

I don't understand why you are using 3.0 still when all P3D3 updates to 3.4 are free and fix many bugs, and improve performance.  The real fix, in my option, is to update.

You could also try just removing SimconnectP3D3.DLL from the Modules folder to force it to use the old FSX version. That will reduce the facilities available a bit, but it would still work better than it is now. FSUIPC isn't connecting to SimConnect at all at present so offering hardly any facilities at all.

Pete

41 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I've just spotted the likely reason for your problems.  You are using a very olf P3D3.   See this item in the 4.966c changes list:

The version of SimConnectP3D3.DLL installed with 4.965 was not compatible with all earlier
versions of P3D3 – probably anything earlier than P3D3.4. This was a shock and surprise as the SimConnect libraries are normally backward compatible within the major versions.
The version now installed is compiled against P3D3.2.2, so is certainly okay with anything from that one to the latest 3.4.
I’m afraid I can’t guarantee it for 3.0 or 3.1 releases as I do not have them now.

The critical part is in red. 

I don't understand why you are using 3.0 still when all P3D3 updates to 3.4 are free and fix many bugs, and improve performance.  The real fix, in my option, is to update.

You could also try just removing SimconnectP3D3.DLL from the Modules folder to force it to use the old FSX version. That will reduce the facilities available a bit, but it would still work better than it is now. FSUIPC isn't connecting to SimConnect at all at present so offering hardly any facilities at all.

Pete

Haha wow. That definitely was the issue. I just updated and everything works perfectly now. Thank you so much, sir!! Really appreciate it!