The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D Pro

Russellfire

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Hmm, sounds tempting :) But I need to recover this lack of sleep first :)

Last night Neil and I had a multiplayer (AND multimonitor) session at KPHL and at one point we decided to switch runways. It was fun to re-route airplanes from their designated runway to the other end :)

No no, If we let you sleep first, then none of us will have a sporting chance :-)  

P.S. So excited :-)

Or worse yet, he may have gotten into that bottle red wine he was talking about, and now he can't remember where the button is.  Tsk tsk tsk.  What are we going to do with you Vic?  I suppose he is now in a drunken stupor having crazy nightmares about booting up Tower3DPro, and discovering that Harrison Ford has landed on the taxiway.  Oh wait, that was in real life...  Come to think of it, that would actually be a pretty cool Easter egg for the game.  Any chance of including that Vic?  Nah, I guess he will probably save that idea for "Tower3D: Celebrity Aviator Edition" :-) 

I'm alive (and unfortunately sober :) )
We are uploading the files, you can already start updating your Nyerges RC and KSAN add-ons those are uploaded. Once KJFK is up we will make the whole thing alive.
We will release it on ATCSuite.com first and about 10 hours later on FeelThere.com

Thanks for the jokes it keeps me awake (and I can work faster when I laugh... :) )

Vic

So far it looks great.  A couple of notes.

1. I noticed that the .exe is labeled identically to the standard version.  Would it not make more sense to name it Tower!3DPro.exe?

2. While I see how to change the runways, I have not yet found a way to change the wind direction.  Is there a way to change it manually, or is it always random?  Have not tried it yet, but does the wind actually affect aircraft performance?  Will pilots complain or refuse to land if assigned a runway with a tail wind?

Or a smaller airport for that matter, an airport where it is realistic (...or at least more realistic than KLAX, KSFO or KATL) for one controller to do both ground and tower operations for an entire airport. Tower 2011 had Key West as an addon, I would not mind that airport. Seem like a perfect balance.

Mike

8 hours ago, Avwriter said:

So far it looks great.  A couple of notes.

1. I noticed that the .exe is labeled identically to the standard version.  Would it not make more sense to name it Tower!3DPro.exe?

2. While I see how to change the runways, I have not yet found a way to change the wind direction.  Is there a way to change it manually, or is it always random?  Have not tried it yet, but does the wind actually affect aircraft performance?  Will pilots complain or refuse to land if assigned a runway with a tail wind?

You cannot change the wind. In random weather it changes (sometimes). There are typical wind direction and we used a statistic ho many times the wind differ from it. Please don't expect sudden wind changes, it's a sim not an arcade game :)
Yes, the pilot will start complaining about tailwind :)

Vic

19 minutes ago, Tommy2604 said:

How can i use Commands like Take next left right? The Pilot answer me only an Negative no matter which Direction i choose :-(

Commands like after Departure etc no exists how can i use this?

Please open a new topic for your question. We can't hunt down question hidden in older posts. Thank you for helping us to provide you better support.

The t3dpro voice is just gibberish until the end and then the words are heard, but my t3d voice works just fine. No aircraft calls are displayed in the command line for t3dpro, although I can command aircraft with the mouse. Seems like I had this gibberish problem with t3d but don't remember the solution. Win7-64 bit.

Mike