The simFlight Network Forums

Rudder trim

4 minutes ago, remcosol said:

Is it in theorie possible that both the rudder and rudder trim use 3ABC?

3ABC is only used if something writes to it. But it does nothing unless assigned. In your case it is only assigned to Rudder, nothing else. Your ONLY rudder trim assignment is to device 0 which for some reason is not known to the INI file (it doesn't appear in the JoyNames section, which is extremely odd indeed)

Incidentally I got it wrong in my long earlier message where I said:

2=0Z,R1,D,28,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Rudder Trim }-
3=2X,R1,D,21,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: ElevatorTrim }-

Your joystick devices are very few indeed:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
2=Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Trim Wheel
2.GUID={CFC64FF0-6E1F-11E5-8005-444553540000}

So the rudder trim is on your Cessna trim wheel

It is obviously the elevator trim on your Cessna trim wheel! The rudder trim is on device 0.

I'd like to know why the JoyNames section of the INI file doesn't list your devices 0 and 1. I assume they are working okay? The details for the JoyNames section are from the Registry. Could they be missing there? Can you check what devices are seen by the JoyIDs utility, please? (See the "Fixing joystick connections not seen by FSUIPC" thread in the FAQ subforum).

Also, I could get more information on why, maybe, with more logging. Try adding:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

to the [general] section of the INI file, please, then show me the log.

Thanks.
Pete

9 minutes ago, remcosol said:

The reason why i am saying this is because the elevator trim does show up , the rudder trim doesnt

It's on the unlisted device 0, which may be why!? Is anything on devices 0 and 1 working?  Cowl fgalps and those 18 button assignments?

Pete

Hello Pete,

It seems that , after 2 years, the problem is solved.

I have put the rudder trim as: send to fs as normal axis , in stead of: send direct to fsuipc calibration.

This seems to have resolved the conflict .... i dont know why but it has not crashed again since ( after many!!!!!! hours)

Thank you for your time and help!

Best regards,

Remco