The simFlight Network Forums

[Bug] FSUIPC Traffic Limiter & PMDG 747 v3

I want to report a bug with FSUIPC version 4.962 on Prepar3D v3.4 + HF3

The traffic limiter option interferes with the external lights of the new PMDG 747 v3

How to reproduce:

• Make sure setting are set to display air traffic and the traffic limiter is set to off (i.e 0)
  • Load up 747 sitting on a runway at any airport at night (I tested at EGLL)
  • Turn on the landing lights
  • Now open FSUIPC and set the traffic limit to a number instead of zero (I set it at 100)
  • After clicking okay the landing-lights of the PMDG no longer illuminate the ground, even though the switch is 'on' ??
  • Toggle the switch several times eventually restores the external lights, but sometimes it never comes back on?

I'm sure this is a FSUIPC bug and not a PMDG one, because disabling FSUIPC from the dll.xml file fixes the problem completely....

I noticed some people on the PMDG forum were complaining of poor external lighting on the 747, maybe this is linked?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Lifenbaucher said:

How to reproduce:

• Make sure setting are set to display air traffic and the traffic limiter is set to off (i.e 0)
  • Load up 747 sitting on a runway at any airport at night (I tested at EGLL)
  • Turn on the landing lights
  • Now open FSUIPC and set the traffic limit to a number instead of zero (I set it at 100)
  • After clicking okay the landing-lights of the PMDG no longer illuminate the ground, even though the switch is 'on' ??
  • Toggle the switch several times eventually restores the external lights, but sometimes it never comes back on?

I'm sure this is a FSUIPC bug and not a PMDG one, because disabling FSUIPC from the dll.xml file fixes the problem completely....

I'm sorry, but there is no way simply deleting AI aircraft will affect anything else. It is merely a simple call to a built-in P3D (and FSX) function. If P3D messes other things up when other objects are deleted then you need to report it to L-M.

The same option is used by the FSUIPC Traffic Zapper and by all of the several AI traffic management utilities around. There's no magic and nothing special, it is just faster at doing it because it is built into the process, not an external process.

BTW 4.962a is available in the Download Links subforum. But there's nothing changed regarding aircraft deletion.

Pete

10 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I'm sorry, but there is no way simply deleting AI aircraft will affect anything else. It is merely a simple call to a built-in P3D (and FSX) function. If P3D messes other things up when other objects are deleted then you need to report it to L-M.

The same option is used by the FSUIPC Traffic Zapper and by all of the several AI traffic management utilities around. There's no magic and nothing special, it is just faster at doing it because it is built into the process, not an external process.

BTW 4.962a is available in the Download Links subforum. But there's nothing changed regarding aircraft deletion.

Pete

Thanks for the prompt reply, and clarification...

Just to check - are you able to reproduce the problem, or is it just my system?

2 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

did you try if this happen as well by limiting the traffic in P3D menu direct and not via FSUIPC?

That just reduces traffic being set according to values in the traffic files. There's nothing built into FS or P3D which actually deletes traffic, except when they get jammed and can't move for a while, or are forced to do go-arounds several times.

Pete

On 2/12/2017 at 0:23 PM, Pete Dowson said:

Sorry, I don't have any PMDG aircraft, even for FSX, let alone P3D. Ask in the PMDG and P3D forums.

Pete

Ah okay, well further testing shows the lights can be sporadic at times, and they come back after a while

But regarding the traffic limiter:

Is there any plans to add the option to preserve airport traffic departure and destination airports? It would be incredibly useful... Landing at EGLL isn't the same as departing from there...

Maybe users can input the ICAOs manually or extract from the flight.pln file??

Cheers

1 hour ago, Lifenbaucher said:

Is there any plans to add the option to preserve airport traffic departure and destination airports? It would be incredibly useful... Landing at EGLL isn't the same as departing from there..

No, not at present. It complicates what is currently a very simple facility. There's already an utility program which can do that.

1 hour ago, Lifenbaucher said:

Maybe users can input the ICAOs manually or extract from the flight.pln file??

The amount of programming additions just to do that would actually exceed the amount needed to implement the facility in the first place. If I thought it would be wanted to go that far I wouldn't have started implementing it. It was to be efficient and simple.

And such an addition would also tend to defeat the object, which was to limit the effect on performance of a lot of traffic. Deleting traffic far away or out of sight really doesn't actually help that much. It is precisely the reduction of nearby traffic, at the airports you are at, which helps.

Just reduce the Ground parameter. When it is zero is doesn't even consider deleting ground traffic. I'm sure you can finf somethnig to suit you.

Pete