The simFlight Network Forums

Battery Never Drains

This has me stumped - would be grateful for any ideas from any of you out there!

I have a  new installation of FSX on my Office PC for testing purposes. There's nothing fancy about it, it's simply FSX Acceleration with no add-ons except FSUIPC.

When I shut down the default 737's engines with the start levers they spool down to zero on N1 and N2 but when I switch to battery power the battery never drains. I've left it for over an hour and it's still at 24v and 37amps. Just to try to drain it I've got all the lights on and the pitot/anti-ice heaters are blazing away, the APU is off, the engines are off and the power selector is set to 'BATT', but nothing seems to drain it. I've double-checked and the FSUIPC option to keep the battery alive is not checked so I'm baffled. What did I miss?

Cheers

Ian

7 minutes ago, BAW019 said:

I've double-checked and the FSUIPC option to keep the battery alive is not checked so I'm baffled. What did I miss?

FSUIPC won't be touching the battery if that option is disabled. Are you sure the APU isn't running? See if the fuel is being used, gradually.

Pete

Solved it!

The Flight Model\General slider in the Settings\Realism menu appears to affect the battery. Anything less than the halfway mark and the battery stays fully charged.

Thanks for the input Pete - I suspected FSUIPC was innocent in all this but thought I should throw it out there.

Regards

Ian