The simFlight Network Forums

X55 Throttle stopped working

I installed FSX steam today and setuo everything like I had in my boxed FSX version. Windows 10 , Thrustmaster M16000T as Joystick,  Saitek X55 HOTAS Throttle ( not using the X55 Joystick it is not smooth enough for my taste). No specific drivers installed .  Deleted all axis and button assignments in FSX and programmed everything the way I had it on my old system. Did a couple of trials and everything worked like a charm, FSUIPC axis, buttons , calibration, so I started reinstalling my addons.  A2A C182 and 1 addon airport. Now suddenly the Saitek X55 throttle unit was not recognised by FSUIPC. I fiddled around finally removing the ini file to see if by building a new one it would help - but nothing. Finally ,I reassigned the throttle axis, prop pitch and mixture control for the X55 throttle in FSX and it worked without any problem. In other words the X55  is recognised by FSX. Problem is I´d like to assign everything back to FSUIPC which gives me better results and it fine tunable.

What can I try next to get my throttle back in FSUIPC ? 

THANKS IN ADVANCE

12 minutes ago, alphons10 said:

Now suddenly the Saitek X55 throttle unit was not recognised by FSUIPC.

By "not recognised" do you mean not seen in the Assignments tabs? If so, and you are using Windows 8, or 10 then it seems like a common problem on those operating systems with Saitek devices.

If you mean only in the aircraft, then nothing in FSUIPC itself or its settings can possibly change what it sees and does in relation to assigned actions from joystick devices.  The only possibility I can think of is that you assigned things in a specific aircraft profile then loaded a different aircraft not assigned to that profile and so without those assignments.

Without more information, especially your FSUIPC4.INI and LOG file I cannot really help further.

Pete

Yes, I mean " not seen in the assignment tabs". i.e.: when I load an aircraft and I move the aileron  the assignment shows up in the FSUIPC axis., same with elevator and rudder, yet when moving any axis on the throttle nothing happens in FSUIPC and the axis windows stays empty, Thanks

Here is my ini file. 

FSUIPC4.ini

I updated to 4.963  but without success.

I did reassign all axis and buttons totally from scratch in the new PC, it is not the ini file from the old one. Well it really isn´t a new pc I just did a clean Windows install and purchased FSX-SE.

And as I mentioned before the throttle assignment axis as well as the assignment of all buttons worked flawlessly and I used it on several flights. But of of a sudden it only executed the assignmets of the joystick.

I wonder if reinstalling FSX-SE completely would be of any help. Because it doen´t make any sense to me that FSX-SE lets me assign the X55 throttle no problem, as well as the Thrustmaster Joystick. yet FSUIPC has no problem with the Thrustmaster Joystick it  only doesn´t seem to see the X55 throttle unit.

2 hours ago, alphons10 said:

Yes, I mean " not seen in the assignment tabs". i.e.: when I load an aircraft and I move the aileron  the assignment shows up in the FSUIPC axis., same with elevator and rudder, yet when moving any axis on the throttle nothing happens in FSUIPC and the axis windows stays empty,

Okay. This has occurred before. There's a thread somewhere. I think it turned out to be a registry problem and was fixed by uninstalling the X55 altogether (using the Windows Device Manager, and including any drivers when the option is offered), then re-booting the system.

Otherwise, please check the FAQ subforum thread about what to check if FSUIPC doesn't see your joystick.

... I just searched. Both the X55 and X56 throttles are prblematic. Seethese threads

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82017-saitek-x55-throttle-unable-to-set-axis/?do=findComment&comment=494485
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82703-fsuipc-saitek-x56-issue/?do=findComment&comment=498511
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/81462-fsuipc-49x-not-working-with-saitek-x55-and-p3wd25/?do=findComment&comment=491085
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/81985-fsuipc-not-seeing-x56-buttonsaxis-anymore/?do=findComment&comment=494426

Pete

This is just a note to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT. But I also wanted to report the success - that (for the moment) everything is back to normal and working. And that´s how I did it:

1. I deleted all known SAITEK drivers as well as I could find or identify them. However this alone did not solve the problem

2. I then tried one of the steps explained in one of the attached old messages you sent me. I went into "JoyID" and change the assignment for the Saitek throttle unit to another (random) one. And low and behold everything is back to normal and me - a happy Camper. Thanks again

Alphons

10 minutes ago, alphons10 said:

I went into "JoyID" and change the assignment for the Saitek throttle unit to another (random) one. And low and behold everything is back to normal

Yes. This JoyID business seems to be a recurtring problem with Saitek devices, especially since Win8 and Win10 -- wasn't so bad on Win7.

I am actively looking for ways of using the DirectInput methods as I currently do without needing an ID number. If I find a way t will be quite a change from now. The numbers will only be used to tie the names and GUIDs to the assignments, just as with the letters where they are used. In fact you'd only need one -- letters or numbers.

But so far I've not found a way of finding the GUID without using the ID number.

Pete