The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Using STB in two computers

Hi there:

I've purchased STB for P3Dv3.4 and have two computers which I use for simming (P3D in both). Is there any limitation to install STB on the two computers in a way that both can act as P3D computers and client computers, interchangeable?, or any limitation to install STB and run it on both computers without using the other computer as Client?. Seems confusing but I think you'd understand.

Thanks, Ed

Hi Ed

Amongst other things, STB relies on having a SimConnect.cfg in "My Documents" to know which remote PC to talk to containing Prepar3D.  However having a SimConnect.cfg may cause problems when you try to run Prepar3D on that computer as any SimConnect add-ons local to that computer may try to use that configuration file and try to talk to a non-operational Prepar3D on the other computer instead of talking to the local one.  Otherwise it's one of those "try it and see" scenarios.  It's likely it can be made to work, you'll have to assess what if any configuration changes are required to tie each piece together

Simon

Hi Simon:

Thanks for the explanation, very useful!. I've tried, but got trouble with SimConnect errors in my second computer when I opened P3D there.

Cheers, Ed