The simFlight Network Forums

Lost a couple of settings after getting Helicopter

I purchased a Milviz 407 copter yesterday, installed it, and ran the configurator that sets up a control for trimming the copter when flying, using a joystick button to trigger this action. Anyway, after I did this, I went back to my A2A constellation aircraft, and a few of my FSUIPC settings had been changed. I am running the elevator axis and some switch positions, and these got scrambled up. The first thing I did was to use a back up FSUIPC .ini  that I keep updated on a backup drive, but this didn't fix the corrupted settings, so I had to redo the settings one by one in FSuipc. Today I ran the Milviz config program again, and the same thing happened. It actually coupled one of my joystick elevator settings to the throttle, and again disabled some switches I use for prop adjustment in the Connie.   

I decided to unistall the Milviz 407 and place it in the digital trash bin after this happened the third time. Now , the reason for my post is, why doesn't the backup ini file keep all the correct settings, so that I would be able to just delete the new file and use the backup ini, and everything would be back to normal?  I was under the impression that all the settings for FSUIPC are stored in the ini.  

I will include the ini that I just set with everything working correctly. Not looking for a fix, just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. 

Thanks,

Bob 

bobsk8

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4.log

1 hour ago, bobsk8 said:

I purchased a Milviz 407 copter yesterday, installed it, and ran the configurator that sets up a control for trimming the copter when flying, using a joystick button to trigger this action. Anyway, after I did this, I went back to my A2A constellation aircraft, and a few of my FSUIPC settings had been changed

Well, FSUIPC would change them itself, so they must have been ones you changed to suit the helicopter. Maybe at the time you hadn't defined or enabled the profile separately for it?

1 hour ago, bobsk8 said:

The first thing I did was to use a back up FSUIPC .ini  that I keep updated on a backup drive, but this didn't fix the corrupted settings

Well, in that case, they weren't FSUIPC settings at all, because the INI file contains ALL of your settings -- unless you have st "UseProfiles=Files" so your profile settings are in separate files in the Profiles subfolder -- but I see you have not done that in any case. Therefore ALL of your settings are held in that one file, no where else, and unless you changed them nothing else should.

1 hour ago, bobsk8 said:

Today I ran the Milviz config program again, and the same thing happened. It actually coupled one of my joystick elevator settings to the throttle, and again disabled some switches I use for prop adjustment in the Connie.

It sounds more likely that you have controllers still also enabled in P3D and these are interfering. Either that, or something is being loaded by your Helicopter add-on which is still running and interfering even after you change aircarft. Is that possible? Does it install its own DLL or have some EXE or Lua plug-in running as well as the normal aircraft Gauges etc? The fact you fixed things by uninstalling it does suggest as much.

1 hour ago, bobsk8 said:

Now , the reason for my post is, why doesn't the backup ini file keep all the correct settings, so that I would be able to just delete the new file and use the backup ini, and everything would be back to normal?  I was under the impression that all the settings for FSUIPC are stored in the ini.  

Yes, they are ALL there, no where else. There is absolutely no way FSUIPC would know any different from what it sees in that when it loads.

Since you don't say anything specific about what actually changed I cannot advise any further.

Incidentally, you should always check that you are using an up to date and supported version of FSUIPC before coming here for support. You are on 4.961. the current supported version is 4.964. Please update before returning.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Ok, something you mentioned, I do have controllers still enabled in P3D, since one of the A2A controller config  assignments will only work with it enabled. That may be the problem. I will disable that and give it another try.   I will update FSUIPC, although I thought I just did that a couple of weeks ago.