Update no .exe file and wrong Icons

Hello Simon,

Update "STB_FSX_FSX-SE-Standalone_3.2.1.15_Update.exe"

The readme

STB for FSX and FSX Steam Edition Standalone V3.2.1.15
Introduction

This update is for SuperTrafficBoard (STB) V3.0, V3.1 or V3.2 when used with:

•        Microsoft Flight Simulator (FSX);
•        Flight Simulator X Steam Edition Standalone (FSX-SE).  “Standalone” means FSX-SE is not installed on the same computer as FSX.

and will upgrade your installation to the latest level (V3.2.1.15). Note this update cannot be used for:

•        STB for Prepar3D;
•        STB V3.3 for Flight Simulator X Steam Edition;
•        Any other versions of STB for FSX;
•        Systems where both FSX and FSX Steam Edition are installed on the same computer.  This is called a “side by side” configuration, and requires a special edition of SuperTrafficBoard.  Please contact us for further information.

...... other stuff

My installations Steps

a) Via system deinstalled.
b) Some blocking information about wrong .jpg files
    I have to read all incoming notes about wrong .jpg files and to delete one by one to get further.
c) after Installation there is no "TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe"

I know with the Deinstallation the "TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe" was removed from my folder !
1) I don't know why it is not installed again via the installer ?
2) Why the installer runs to the end without information "No TrafficBoardFrontEnd.exe found" !!
3) With success information the installer ends. ???

To get back to a running App I have ...
1) to use one of my Backup and overwrite all existing files
2) Run the installer again.
3) again delete all unwanted logos One by one (means delete one go back to next to get the next information about wrong logo delete and next ... etc, etc.)
    (self created Logos (same width/height as the original ones) are accepted by the TrafficBoard...exe without problem .
4) After Installation :
    To determine that the old files are now overwritten with a new version. This means for me the new files are available in the installation file !

Solution:

Please put in the readme

Do not uninstall STB to use this update!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Without backup I would have lost all my own logos.

STB-Logos01.jpg.d8293f47d5db5d09c8c34f236b14c8dc.jpg

thanks and cheers

Thomas

Hi Thomas

To cut a long story short it's an anti-piracy measure, so you can't find a way to install the complete product from a free to download update.  You might want to consider creating your own folder to store you custom logos, and registering that folder on the logos tab of the settings notebook.

Thanks
Simon

Thomas,
Your points are well made.  One of the challenges here is selling through several shops each with their own installer strategy, which for one thing makes a universal update strategy more difficult.  In STB V3.5, I hope to being everything into a single installer platform with a much better update ability.

Thanks
Simon