The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro - Need Help with Double Digit Taxiways

crbascott

I'm having speech recognition issues with taxiways with two digits (example: C10). I noticed the issue in recent sessions so I did a test at LAX . When I said "CHARLIE ONE ZERO" , it got interpreted as CHARLIE WHISKEY ROMEO and when I said "CHARLIE TEN" it was interpreted as CHARLIE TANGO. I know C10 is defined because when i left C10 out of the route all together and said "RUNWAY TWO FIVE RIGHT  AT JULIET VIA BRAVO" the engine determined the route to be C10, C, C10, B, J.    

At LAX I've had issues with C10, D10, E10, and B13 that I recall. Am I doing something wrong in phrasing the taxiway or is this possibly a bug? I've attached a game.log and speech.log of my test if it helps.

Craig

PS - I know I've brought up a few issues recently but I really really really really really really really really really really do enjoy the sim. That's double digit reallys. Coincidence?

game.log

speech.log

Yes those are tricky for me too.  Try experimenting with the length of the pause in your speech between the letter in the number, i.e. Echo....one zero.  There is a sweet spot that works but it is a bit tricky.  I have also noticed that some of the stub taxiways cause problems in other ways.  Try asking a plane on the north side en route for departure on 6R to taxi via Delta, Echo 10, Echo.  The plane will consistently taxi across Echo and then taxi down the active runway to the end where it will turn around for takeoff.

And just to add to this problem ,which may be an indication for a  fix for the programmers, try sending(lax) a plane to E8 or to KK and listen to the way the plane responds...

it litelarelly states: ee cee aatsj oo ee ii dzjee aatsj tee  for E8 and kaa ii el oo kaa ii el oo for KK..

You get the point I suppose , it spells the letters phonetically

I've never been able to get it to understand D10 either, i get WHISKEY ROMEO where it should be 10 just like OP

Will be fixed in SP1 i guess...

P.S. Vic, could you pls convince your programmers that it is absolutely imperative that they add an extra  command to TAXI to RAMP namely CROSS RWY XXX APPROVED  ;-))

Edited by Kl408
one el too many

4 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Delta for sure. This is hard coded into T!3D.

Delta 123 hold short of taxiway Delta, give way to the Delta MD-80 on your right, then cross taxiway Delta and follow the Delta triple-seven to via taxiway Mike to terminal Delta. Please read back all instructions.  Gonna be crazy.  Can't wait :-)

21 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

Delta 123 hold short of taxiway Delta, give way to the Delta MD-80 on your right, then cross taxiway Delta and follow the Delta triple-seven to via taxiway Mike to terminal Delta. Please read back all instructions.  Gonna be crazy.  Can't wait :-)

Better than "what's the vector Victor" :D

Capt. Roger 

12 hours ago, FeelThere said:

I can verify it; the SP should fix it :) I just checked KK on KJFK a few minutes ago and I heard a beautiful KILO KILO readback :)

On the subject of KK at JFK. If you look at the latest AIRPORT DIAGRAM from Flight Aware, most of the Kilo series Taxiways around RWY 31L &  4L intersection have been renamed. Maybe there was real time confusion over the calls. They seem to have eliminated all double same digit taxiways at JFK

I will send a note to Nyerges  to have a look at it and perhaps fix it if they do a revised ADIRS JFK map.

4 hours ago, winsaudi said:

Sweet! I wonder if Vic noticed?

Yes, he did :D

Here is the timeline for the releases. This is just a plan, please don't quote me :)

Tower!3D Pro SP (feelThere, Atcsuite AND Steam)  - sometimes next week
SP for KJFK to fix the tower view, now it's too tall - sometimes next week
KJFK on Steam - sometimes next week
SP for KSAN, updating the terminal files (making east and west terminals as separate entries) - sometimes next week
Sp for the non Pro version to include all fixes from Pro - sometimes in March
Start beta testing KATL - sometimes in March
Release KSAN on Steam - Sometimes in March, April

..and many more :)

Vic

10 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Yes, he did :D

Here is the timeline for the releases. This is just a plan, please don't quote me :)

Tower!3D Pro SP (feelThere, Atcsuite AND Steam)  - sometimes next week
SP for KJFK to fix the tower view, now it's too tall - sometimes next week
KJFK on Steam - sometimes next week
SP for KSAN, updating the terminal files (making east and west terminals as separate entries) - sometimes next week
Sp for the non Pro version to include all fixes from Pro - sometimes in March
Start beta testing KATL - sometimes in March
Release KSAN on Steam - Sometimes in March, April

..and many more :)

Vic

Thank you very much for the time line.  Though I had hoped KATL would not be so far down the list, that helps a lot in putting things into perspective.  A couple of notes/comments:

As long as you are doing another SP for KJFK, could you possibly separate the two cargo areas into individual terminals, so that we could assign specific airlines each one.   Please please please also do the same for KATL (North Cargo/South Cargo).  If this poses a technical problem, I understand, but if not, it would be very helpful.

Please let me give you an insight; if we would post an SP announcement here and we would always add every single request, the SP would never reach you :) The SP is now locked and will be released with the current fixes. If it will make sense to release another SP in the future then we will :)

On 3/14/2017 at 8:13 PM, Kl408 said:

P.S. Vic, could you pls convince your programmers that it is absolutely imperative that they add an extra  command to TAXI to RAMP namely CROSS RWY XXX APPROVED  ;-))

I second this. Please. Or at least have the aircraft inform me they are "holding short of runway XX" Problem is aircraft move pretty slowly particularly when coming to a stop or moving off so I'm not sure if they have stopped or not, for me to issue the "continue taxi" command.

On 3/15/2017 at 4:38 PM, frequent flyer said:

I second this. Please. Or at least have the aircraft inform me they are "holding short of runway XX" Problem is aircraft move pretty slowly particularly when coming to a stop or moving off so I'm not sure if they have stopped or not, for me to issue the "continue taxi" command.

I couldn't agree more.  In RL, a controller would blow a brain vein if he looked up and saw an aircraft holding short of a runway they had previous instructed the aircraft to cross.  It would be a MAJOR improvement to have the command "Taxi to the ramp.  Cross runway XX."

On 15/03/2017 at 6:07 PM, FeelThere said:

Please let me give you an insight; if we would post an SP announcement here and we would always add every single request, the SP would never reach you :) The SP is now locked and will be released with the current fixes. If it will make sense to release another SP in the future then we will :)

Well..the cargo terminals in Jfk (separated areas request) and LAX have been requested for weeks...

• 5 months later...
On 3/15/2017 at 2:07 AM, 707FAN said:

On the subject of KK at JFK. If you look at the latest AIRPORT DIAGRAM from Flight Aware, most of the Kilo series Taxiways around RWY 31L &  4L intersection have been renamed. Maybe there was real time confusion over the calls. They seem to have eliminated all double same digit taxiways at JFK

I will send a note to Nyerges  to have a look at it and perhaps fix it if they do a revised ADIRS JFK map.

Looks like the renaming of KK and other taxiways occurred somewhere between 2011 and 2013 based on old airport diagrams.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/FAA_JFK_Airport_map_2011.svg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/FAA_JFK_Airport_map_2013.svg/2000px-FAA_JFK_Airport_map_2013.svg.png