The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
balus

Faulting module name ntdll.dll, exception code 0xc0000374

Having problems with a flight, only when mytraffic 6.0.a is active.

Flight is EHAM to KORD with FlyTampa scenery at origin and FSDT at destination, no other 3rd party scenery is active, aircraft is PMDG 747 QOTS, flight plan is

EHAM BERG1S UL602 SUPUR UP1 GODOS UM981 NATEB TLA DCT AVUTI YDP N710A ROUND WYNDE8 KORD

About 2/3 of the way through the flight I get the NTDLL.DLL error

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.4.22.19868, time stamp: 0x588f7cbf
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58256ca0
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000d9d11
Faulting process id: 0x109c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2a52d9eb12f66
Faulting application path: D:\p3d\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: c0083ae6-768e-4155-926b-dce11b7db88a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have tried this same flight 5 times including the successful flight without mytraffic. Each of the 4 failures had the same error, the same exception code and the same offset.

So far I have tried the following

1. I always have mytrafficmil.bgl disabled (renamed with an old extension)
2. Moved aircraft named from F to Z to another folder
3. Repaired Visual C++ 2010 32 bit, Installed Visual C++ 2010 64 bit
4. Lowered scenery settings

The only thing that worked was to disable mytraffic.

System is i7 4790K, no overclock, 16 GB RAM, P3D 3.4.22.19868, Windows 10 Professional, no antivirus installed, Windows Defender disabled through group policy.

My understanding is that exception code 0xc0000374 relates to a heap corruption which means that some process is trying to access a memory location that it shouldn't, now I'm not pointing any fingers, but it seems pretty obvious that it has something to do with mytraffic. Or there is some sort of overload introduced when flying into the NE USA and mytraffic is the straw that breaks the camels back, but given that I have no other scenery active, I'd find this scenario a little difficult to accept.

Open to suggestions and ideas

Scott.

Rename the My Traffic military BGL file to something other than .BGL. Like for example:

Mytrafficmil.bgl.orig

It is a problem with the simulator, not My Traffic, but this is the only way to prevent the error.

On 28/03/2017 at 4:21 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

Rename the My Traffic military BGL file to something other than .BGL. Like for example:

Mytrafficmil.bgl.orig

It is a problem with the simulator, not My Traffic, but this is the only way to prevent the error.

If you re-read my post you will notice that I have already stated

1. I always have mytrafficmil.bgl disabled (renamed with an old extension)

This issue is related to Mytraffic, or how Mytraffic interacts with the simulator.