Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

SimConnect variable instead of FSUIPC offset 088C

Recommended Posts

Looking in the "FSUIPC4 Status of IPC Offsets for FSX" list you state that the offset 088C for TQ Lever position is a
"Ok-SimC works okay using SimVars".

Does this means that it is a variable that is defined and can be used directly with SimConnect without FSUIPC?

If so, can you tell med the name of the SimConnect variable you are using to get the value to the FSUIPC offset 088C?

I can't find it in the SimConnect documentation, that's the reason for my question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, roarkr said:

Looking in the "FSUIPC4 Status of IPC Offsets for FSX" list you state that the offset 088C for TQ Lever position is a
"Ok-SimC works okay using SimVars".

Does this means that it is a variable that is defined and can be used directly with SimConnect without FSUIPC?

If so, can you tell med the name of the SimConnect variable you are using to get the value to the FSUIPC offset 088C?

I can't find it in the SimConnect documentation, that's the reason for my question. 

It is "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1" (the 1 being for Engine 1).

It works both ways, reading and writing.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks,

I have tried with this SimConnect variable, but can't get any values when moving the throttle lever.

 

In FSUIPC the offset is S16 type, shouldn't it then in SImConnect be a INT32 datatype?

It also says unit is Precent over 100.

 

Are you doing any calculation of the SImConnect variable from precent to the -4096 tp 16384 value range before adding to the offset 088C?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, roarkr said:

I have tried with this SimConnect variable, but can't get any values when moving the throttle lever.

You have something wrong, then, as that is certainly what FSUIPC reads and writes with no problems.

29 minutes ago, roarkr said:

In FSUIPC the offset is S16 type, shouldn't it then in SImConnect be a INT32 datatype?

It also says unit is Precent over 100.

The FSUIPC offsets, since FS98 days, are intended to maintain compatibility over all versions of FS since then. That's why there is a "U" in the name "FSUIPC". It stands for Universal. Values from SimConnect are converted to the same units as those originally provided in FS98, FS2000, FS2002 and FS2004 (also CFS1 and CFS2 for a subset).

Added offsets since FS98 days carry extra information -- those can be added without causing application program incompatibility. Look in offset 3AE8 for the original value, in floating point 'double' (64=bit) format, which is what FSUIPC receives from SimConnect when specifying "percent" as the unit. The 16-bit fixed point value is derived from that.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.