The simFlight Network Forums
unc1rlm

STB and UT Live

I just installed UT Live today-just releases and it show flights departing, arriving but in far left corner..it says scheduled with ???... any way to filter or correct that?  Maybe also to filter whats coming in in the next hour or so. Board arrival and departure jammed pack at Atlanta. In the setting UT Live.. the traffic is at 100%. Traffic in sim is set to zero.

Thanks,

Bob M.

At the present time I don't have any plans to support UT2 Live.  You'll see the product contains it's own "status board" to provide the sort of information STB did with UT2 (i.e. reflects what's actually happening in the simulator with active AI data: distances, gates etc.)

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon!

As a long-time user of UT2 and STB and now beta tester for utLive, I miss having STB for various reasons, e.g. being able to run it on a separate PC and showing the scheduled flights in addition to the currently active flights.

Like on this older image of my setup with STB.

Regards,

Thomas

Thanks Simon..the traffic board on ut live is kinda funky..not sure it shows arriving and departing at same time. Thinks it one or the other. Your quality of board is so far superior. I see traffic on yours but not sure maybe if I can tweak it. Always been a fan of your Simon.

Thanks,

Bob  ps I network mine too :)

STB version 3.4.0.29 is working fine for me using UT live and P3D 3.4 -  The ???? (unknown time) is not a show stopper for me; STB does much more than just display the flights.

STB is top 5 all time add on for me - it just works!

Paul

21 hours ago, pracines said:

STB version 3.4.0.29 is working fine for me using UT live and P3D 3.4 -  The ???? (unknown time) is not a show stopper for me; STB does much more than just display the flights.

STB is top 5 all time add on for me - it just works!

Paul

So you're seeing traffic from "UTLive" not "UT2" in STB? I thought Simon said "UTLive" wasn't supported? 

I see the currently active utLive traffic (at which point it becomes usual FSX AI traffic), but not all attributes, and not the scheduled traffic.

23 hours ago, BrianT said:

So you're seeing traffic from "UTLive" not "UT2" in STB? I thought Simon said "UTLive" wasn't supported? 

I never installed UT2 in P3D - I bought UT Live and STB is seeing the traffic from UT Live. There are no airline "logos" and the issue of the "????" time are some drawbacks, but I see the scheduled airline and non scheduled GA traffic all displayed. The separation feature and the ability to delete stuck airplanes works very well for me. If Simon decides to support it then that would be great, but as it is for me, I'm totally happy.

If you are trying to get STB to see UT Live traffic, try and set all options to the defaults first, then add your preferences from there.

Paul

"Isn't supported" does not mean the same thing as "will not work".  In the case of UTLive, it injects traffic into the simulator using SimConnect just like UT2 does. What this means is we don't have complete scheduling information, for example:

- Future flights yet to be represented by an AI aircraft  are not listed;

- We don't know the destination nor departure time for AI Aircraft parked at the gate (but we do know the airport it is at);

- For AI Aircraft that have left the gate or are in the air, we don't know the schedule times but we do know where it came from and where it is going.

UT2 provided additional information to STB to fill in the above missing information.  UTLive does not, but if you can live with the missing information you can still have a good experience with UTLive and STB.

That said, there may be a few things that can be done with schedule times to help a little bit.  I'll have a look but no promises.

Simon

16 hours ago, pracines said:

There are no airline "logos" and the issue of the "????" time are some drawbacks, but I see the scheduled airline and non scheduled GA traffic all displayed.  

Are the logos missing even if you select "UT2" as your AI Traffic Package in STB settings?

14 hours ago, flying-w said:

Are the logos missing even if you select "UT2" as your AI Traffic Package in STB settings?

I have STB version 3.4.0.29 and there is no UT2 option in available. However I have checked C:\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard for Prepar3D V3\Logos\Airline\UT2 and all the logos seem to be present. I would have no idea how to make UT logos available on my options, unless its a matter of reinstallation of STB, but I already ran the configuration wizard and there was no UT option. The STB manual states that UT2 is not available in P3D so I did not bother to try.

I kinda remember when I primarily used FSX BOX (long ago) and UT2, there was a special UT2 option on the deployment settings and then also on the logos UT was available.

But ever since switching to P3D I did not bother to try and work UT2 into it. So for me I just used P3D default traffic. Now that UT Live is compatible with P3D I went ahead and bought it.  

Yes - I was thinking of the STB version of FSX.  I'll have a look at adding a "UTLive" option for the logos in the P3D version.  In the meantime, you can just point the user logo folder to the existing UT2 folder in the settings notebook.

Simon

On 06/04/2017 at 6:41 AM, flying-w said:

"Isn't supported" does not mean the same thing as "will not work".  In the case of UTLive, it injects traffic into the simulator using SimConnect just like UT2 does. What this means is we don't have complete scheduling information, for example:

- Future flights yet to be represented by an AI aircraft  are not listed;

- We don't know the destination nor departure time for AI Aircraft parked at the gate (but we do know the airport it is at);

- For AI Aircraft that have left the gate or are in the air, we don't know the schedule times but we do know where it came from and where it is going.

UT2 provided additional information to STB to fill in the above missing information.  UTLive does not, but if you can live with the missing information you can still have a good experience with UTLive and STB.

That said, there may be a few things that can be done with schedule times to help a little bit.  I'll have a look but no promises.

Simon

Understood about "isn't supported" and "will not work" I'm running UTL and FSX and I don't see anything traffic at all in STB hence my surprise at Paul saying he was. I'll try resetting everything to default and see what happens.

14 hours ago, flying-w said:

Yes - I was thinking of the STB version of FSX.  I'll have a look at adding a "UTLive" option for the logos in the P3D version.  In the meantime, you can just point the user logo folder to the existing UT2 folder in the settings notebook.

Simon

I had thought of the user logo option but did not realize it was that simple. Actually I found that the My traffic X user option was more complete and now I have logos.

Thank you Simon!

15 hours ago, BrianT said:

Understood about "isn't supported" and "will not work" I'm running UTL and FSX and I don't see anything traffic at all in STB hence my surprise at Paul saying he was. I'll try resetting everything to default and see what happens.

Hi Brian,

I noticed something that may be why you are not seeing any traffic. Be sure you have unchecked the checkbox for "Show Todays Data Only" in Settings-->Board Control

I was testing different settings and I checked that box and every flight disappeared off the board. Not sure if this is why your not seeing any traffic, just thought it may be worth mentioning to possibly help you.

Paul

Also check your settings.  "Hide Incomplete Flights" will hide those flights with "??:??" for the scheduled arrival and departure time.

Capture.PNG.2d7992d81e590d042a0f63bc0f8df39e.PNG

Thanks Paul, "Show Todays Data Only" fixed it I cna now use STB again :) YAY!

Thanks again Simon for a great product. "Hide incomplete" on mine was already unchecked.

but now all is good apart from the ???? but i can live with that....for now :)

I think the ????? goes away when the flight is "seen" by P3D then it shows the data.

Please, Please, Please work on an update so super traffic board will work completely with ultimate traffic live.

I should have checked if it was compatible with STB but I got caught up in the hype and bought the thing quickly, really should have waited.

Its working pretty good but how do you correct the time. It shows Sunday 17.19; 26 March 2017; right now its Tuesday April 11 at 948am (-5 Zulu) or east coast usa. What does it mean when flights are diverted. Means ai's are on a collision course?  I do have it on a network.

Thanks,

Bob Morehead

15 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Its working pretty good but how do you correct the time. It shows Sunday 17.19; 26 March 2017; right now its Tuesday April 11 at 948am (-5 Zulu) or east coast usa.

Are you saying the time shown on STB does not match the time in the simulator?  Please send me a trace of that situation.

15 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

What does it mean when flights are diverted. Means ai's are on a collision course?  I do have it on a network

Diverted = An AI plane showed up in the context of an airport arrival, but never made it to the gate.  Common reason for this is lack of parking, or user aircraft moving the arrival airport outside of the reality bubble.

Simon

On 09/04/2017 at 7:04 PM, diceflo said:

I think the ????? goes away when the flight is "seen" by P3D then it shows the data.

The "????" for the destination of departing aircraft is updated to the actual destination as soon as UTLive loads a flight plan for the AI concerned.  The "????" for scheduled times is known only to UTLive, there's no mechanism to publish that to the simulator for STB to subsequently learn of the intention.

Simon

22 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Its working pretty good but how do you correct the time. It shows Sunday 17.19; 26 March 2017; right now its Tuesday April 11 at 948am (-5 Zulu) or east coast usa. What does it mean when flights are diverted. Means ai's are on a collision course?  I do have it on a network.

Thanks,

Bob Morehead

Simon..Its working ok..P3dv3 has a bad happen of not staying with system time. Just checked it and if was not right... Reset it and Super traffic Board is working great.  Any way to change a setting about the bubble and diversions? Also..can I have the STB track traffic say with one hour or two or say 30-50 miles radius. out as oppose to stuff further out and keeping the board display down a little. No problem Simon if its not in the realm of the program.

Thanks,  Best Regards!!

Bob Morehead

3 hours ago, unc1rlm said:

Simon..Its working ok..P3dv3 has a bad happen of not staying with system time. Just checked it and if was not right... Reset it and Super traffic Board is working great.  Any way to change a setting about the bubble and diversions? Also..can I have the STB track traffic say with one hour or two or say 30-50 miles radius. out as oppose to stuff further out and keeping the board display down a little. No problem Simon if its not in the realm of the program.

Thanks,  Best Regards!!

Bob Morehead

Bob,

Great questions,

P3D time can be synced to correct current time anywhere with a couple utilities out there, I use FS Real Time and it does a fine job for me. 

The 50 mile radius can be set in UT Live under Aircraft Spawn Settings. STB will pick up on that setting. 

The reality bubble setting/checkbox in STB is under "Board Control".

Diversions can be minimized by reducing the amount of traffic or installing either freeware/payware airports that have good AFCAD modifications. STB is at the mercy of how many parking spaces are available in our P3D scenery.

Paul

Thanks Paul... where's Simon...Jk. Got fs real and my utlive is set spawn thirty nm but not what to do on the board control... On Stb in settings etc.,.Thanks for such great support!!!

Bob M.