The simFlight Network Forums

Joy Letters Win 10

Using P3Dv3.4—Win10--Prosim 737—FSUIPC v4.962.

I have had a breakage in my Saitek Rudder Pedals -Right Differential Brake. I will be replacing my Rudder pedals soon.

In the meantime I added a Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick to use for brakes—a solution I have now decided against. So I removed the Logitech USB connection

As I am using the “Joystick Letters” option I see that the Logitech was assigned the letter “H”

I have reinserted the joystick and removed any assignments for this joystick from within FSUIPC.

So my first question:

To completely remove this from FSUIPC do I simply delete the remaining lines referring to this in the FSUIPC.ini? (file attached)

Second Question:

I am attempting to add another BBI32 card but with the automatic assigning of “joy letters” I am now getting some other Bodnar boards in my Overhead mixed up in their assignments.

I believe from reading below this may be solved/partially solved with an interim version of FSUIPC. Is this the case?

Thanks,

William

FSUIPC4.ini

40 minutes ago, 13Aces said:

FSUIPC v4.962.

You should be using 4.964 minimum now. Then I would advise replacing the DLL with 4.964f. Both are available in the Download Links subforum. These updates work much better with joystick scanning and assignment.

43 minutes ago, 13Aces said:

To completely remove this from FSUIPC do I simply delete the remaining lines referring to this in the FSUIPC.ini?

Assuming you are not using "UseProfiles=Files", then once all mention of H assignments are deleted, and the entries in [JoyNames] for the device are removed, then it will be gone. best to unplug it first, though, or FSUIPC will again add it to JoyNames.

If you are using files for your Profile assignments then you would also need to remove assignments in each of the individual files in the [Profiles] subfolder.

46 minutes ago, 13Aces said:

I am attempting to add another BBI32 card but with the automatic assigning of “joy letters” I am now getting some other Bodnar boards in my Overhead mixed up in their assignments.

I believe from reading below this may be solved/partially solved with an interim version of FSUIPC. Is this the case?

FSUIPC's scanning will always recognise and assign letters to any USB devices which classify themselves as "Joysticks", which Bodnar boards certainly do, but that doesn't matter if you don't make assignments to them (though most Bodnar users do, of course). 

And, yes, please do update to 4.964 then 4.964f.

Pete

Thank you Pete.

i did as you suggested and ran the sim again. When I run the sim without the added Bodnar Button Box card all is well. I then shut everything down and attach the extra card-things then get mixed up with existing cards not controlling what they should! Even with the sim running I can remove the extra card and all things return to their original assignments.

On examining the ini file I see that two of the Button Boxes are given the same GUID.

I attach the ini file and a table I made showing the changes which I am sure will be of interest to you.

Please note that this is not an urgent issue as my sim is about to be dismantled this incoming week for removal to a new location in my house. I am sure i will create further problems then!!

William

Table for Pete.odt

FSUIPC4.ini

15 minutes ago, 13Aces said:

i did as you suggested and ran the sim again. When I run the sim without the added Bodnar Button Box card all is well. I then shut everything down and attach the extra card-things then get mixed up with existing cards not controlling what they should!

I'm afriad you'll need to go into more detail that that. See below.

16 minutes ago, 13Aces said:

On examining the ini file I see that two of the Button Boxes are given the same GUID.

I attach the ini file

GUIDs are supposed to be absolutely unique. It's the guarantee for those from Microsfot for the Windows GUID assignments. The fact that you get two the same amazes me and really does sohw something is rather corrupted in your Registry. In software there is absolutely no way I can distinguish between two devices with exactly the sme names and same GUIDs! It is supposed to be impossible!

I suggest that you go remove the button box(es) and go into Windows Device Manager and uninstall them completely, driver included. Then check that there are no references anywhere to them in the Registry, using Registry Editor. Then install them again.

21 minutes ago, 13Aces said:

a table I made showing the changes which I am sure will be of interest to you.

Interesting. I've never seen an "odt" file before. I double clicked it and it opened as a table in Word. How do you make one of those files?

Oddly, the two with the same GUID don't seem to have the problem. I certainly don't know why the two with the different GUIDs (8013 and 8015) got mixed up -- unless perhaps they are indistinguishable (same serial numbers etc -- use HidScanner to check that) and were unplugged/disconnected/powered off, so that when Windows saw them again it assigned the wrong GUIDs.

Also, i don't really understand what the second 8007 was assigned to MIP Switches, but then labelled as New, No Assignments Yet! What's that about?

I'd certainly expect some problems with absolutely identical devices being detached or moved about. Windows cannot tell, just as FSUIPC cannot. But assigning two devices the same GUID is absolutely wrong and ruins the whole idea. It suggests something else, deeper, is wrong.

Pete

Pete,

Ok I will do as you suggest re the registry entries etc. I do need to remove the BUX card from my overhead (homebuilt) as I need the axis for a steering tiller- so I will be swapping it with the button box.

This “extra” button box is one that I had been using on another test computer to check switch wiring before adding them into the sim.

The odt file was produced from a word programme called “Libre Office” which I have on my Imac.

Also, i don't really understand what the second 8007 was assigned to MIP Switches, but then labelled as New, No Assignments Yet! What's that about?

Yes I agree badly explained. What happens is that when I add the extra card (which is running the new switch panel ) some, but not all, of the joy letters and their assignments are changed. (My assignments are from within Prosim Switch Configuration and some via FSUIPC.)

BUX Joy Letter A operates the throttle quadrant – remains unchanged

BUA Joy Letter C operates the yoke-remains unchanged

Saitek Rudder Pedals Joy Letter D – operates Rudder pedals – remains unchanged

BUX Joy Letter E – operates Fuel switches etc in Overhead – remains unchanged

The “Button Box” cards get mixed:

When I operate a MIP switch e.gMain Panel DU-- Button Box reports Joy “J” and works as programmed – but when the new card is added via USB -now MIP switches are reporting Joy Letter “F”--and the Main Panel DU switch operates the Left Recirculation Switch on the Bleed Air Panel !!

In the case you ask about the 8007 labelled Joystick “J” was working the MIP switches but...after I added the extra card (all wired to the “New” switch panel)-when I pressed one of the new buttons on the New panel it registerd in FSUIPC as Joystick “J”

Remove the “extra” card, wait a few seconds and all original cards return to normal working.

If I then shut down, restart and do the same test I think I have seen different results re which joy letters are assigned—am getting even more confused myself now.

Best to wait until after I have dismantled and rebuilt my sim before wasting any more of your time.

Thanks, as always,

William

4 hours ago, 13Aces said:

If I then shut down, restart and do the same test I think I have seen different results re which joy letters are assigned—am getting even more confused myself now.

I'm not sure why that can happen -- though the 2 with identical GUIDs could explain that I suppose (it is supposed to be impossible), but it certainly sounds like the two button boxes are indistinguishable to Windows, and when you make other changes it re-scans and re-assigns GUIDs. That really wrecks the steps FSUIPC takes to check against this.

Bodnar boards used to have that problem -- they were identical -- but now they have serial numbers and are not a problem.

Best to set up a configuration, get it working, and leave it be. But, then, if you keep track of the assignments (keep the previous INI when making a change to the devices connected), it would be easy enough to edit the letters assigned in the INI to put things right again.

Pete

Hi Pete and William,

This exact same issue (Re: Williams post) has happened to me this weekend when I introduced a second Bodnar Card to my system. 

Joy # B - First Bodnar Card  - Throttle
Joy # E - Second Bodnar Card - Various switches , key commands not directly related to Prosim

Had a strange issue happen with Bodnar cards. I recently installed a 2nd Bodnar card and used 20 plus ports (buttons and switches) that can only be set in FSUIPC. As I set each port the Bodnar card through FSUIPC4 was setting them under Joy # E. All went well until next day when I do a restart of PC's. My throttle was all mixed up , couldn't start engines, flaps not working, throttles not working  etc. My Throttle settings had previously been set under Joy # B.

Today I've determined that somehow, the two Bodnar Cards changed ID letters, what was set under E is now B and what was once B is now E. I dont know why this happened. I did not switch USB ports. I upgraded to latest FSUIPC in hopes that would fix it. No dice.

I unplugged the new Bodnar card but my settings did not revert back. I spent a good part of today restating my throttle settings . I finally have my throttle back to normal but I'm worried to try the Bodnar Card again. 

The common denominator  between William and I with regards to this issue  seems to be Windows 10. 

My reason for posting is twofold. To support Williams issue, as it has happened to me as well, and to hopefully find a solution to this issue. I'm going to try updating the fiirmware on both cards this evening, so heaven help me. Will post back if updating firmware helps th eissue.

I'm using W10 with FSX-SE and current version of FSUIPC4

All the best,

Ed

I've now included ini and log files

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4.log

2 hours ago, burdman said:

Still digging into this strange issue. Today I include my latest ini file which clearly shows both Bodnar cards with the same ID. I flashed the Bodnar Carfds but it didnt make any difference from what I can see. 

I think the serial number on the later Bonar boards is effectively part of the chip, not a flahable iten. But I'm not sure.

The assignments of GUIDs and therefore IDs shouldn't change, even for apparently completely identical cards, if they are both powered and both plugged in (to the same ports) every time you boot.

I'm afraid the GUID is actually how FSUIPC has to access the devices. There's no other way I know with DirectInput, even if it could determine which was which. Getting Windows to always assign the same to each is the only way.

Pete

7 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I think the serial number on the later Bonar boards is effectively part of the chip, not a flahable iten. But I'm not sure.

The assignments of GUIDs and therefore IDs shouldn't change, even for apparently completely identical cards, if they are both powered and both plugged in (to the same ports) every time you boot.

I'm afraid the GUID is actually how FSUIPC has to access the devices. There's no other way I know with DirectInput, even if it could determine which was which. Getting Windows to always assign the same to each is the only way.

Pete

7 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Hi Pete,

I'm at a total loss here and quite dissapponted that I cannot get this second Bodnar card to work. After spending another day on this I've found that when I dissconnect the 2nd Bodnar I do get my settings back. I think tis is because I eliminated all button commands in the ini with reference to the 2nd card. Without the card plugged in the sim works great. The moment I plug in the 2nd Bodnar car, engines shut down and amny of the functions dont work anymore,  On the first Bodnar the throttle axis , toga at and fuel control are set in Prosim. The flaps and speedbrake are through FSUIPC. They wont work when 2nd Bodnar card is plugged in.

I'm attaching my latest log in the hopes you or another forum member may see something that is causing an issue.  My ini is pretty much the same as posted above. The TQ Joystick card is a Pokeys card. I'm pretty sure all ports on the Pokeys are through Prosim.

FSUIPC4.log

FSUIPC4.ini

7 hours ago, burdman said:

Without the card plugged in the sim works great. The moment I plug in the 2nd Bodnar car, engines shut down and amny of the functions dont work anymore,

Can you see why the engines shut down? Is it because there's a mixture axis assigned on the other and the lack of one on the second card reads to turn it to cutoff?

Why would you unplug and re-plug cards in. Can you nott leave all the connections connected so there's never a need for a rescan?

7 hours ago, burdman said:

he moment I plug in the 2nd Bodnar car, engines shut down and amny of the functions dont work anymore,  On the first Bodnar the throttle axis , toga at and fuel control are set in Prosim. The flaps and speedbrake are through FSUIPC. They wont work when 2nd Bodnar card is plugged in.

So it is only flaps and speedbrake axes which don't work then?  Neither of those can shut the engines down! ProSim has its own drivers to read the axes if you've assigned there -- they won't be assigned in FSUIPC as well, surely? They shouldn't be, just as they shouldn't be assigned in the sim.

I think now that you may be in the wrong place altogether and need ProSim support instead.

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Can you see why the engines shut down? Is it because there's a mixture axis assigned on the other and the lack of one on the second card reads to turn it to cutoff?

I haven't figured out why the engines shut down. I would think something to do with fuel introduction. Also the throttle axis are lost. I've removed all the inputs from the second Bodnar Card, but perhaps I missed one. I will start a new ini and start from scratch again. The engine start runs up to 28.2 N2 and 2.9 N1 and freezes . I believe this is the point where fuel is introduced to the turbines. But even if it was the fuel cutoff switches, I would still have no throttle axis to run them up. No park brake, no rev thrust etc. Basically the throttle is paralyzed once the 2nd Bodnar card is plugged in. If I boot with the card plugged in, then of course, nothing works right off. If I then unplug the card, it works.

Why would you unplug and re-plug cards in. Can you nott leave all the connections connected so there's never a need for a rescan?

Can't leave card connected as too many issues. When card is disconnected then everything works again. Plug it in and sim fails. Remove it sim recovers. Certainly I would love to leave it plugged in. This is the issue. 

So it is only flaps and speedbrake axes which don't work then?  Neither of those can shut the engines down! ProSim has its own drivers to read the axes if you've assigned there -- they won't be assigned in FSUIPC as well, surely? They shouldn't be, just as they shouldn't be assigned in the sim.

No. I think I didn't explain that properly. I was trying to demonstrate that the throttle is calibrated in both Prosim and FSUIPC. The spoiler and flaps axis are in FSUIPC and the throttle lever axis in Prosim. Perhaps I should move all axis over to Prosim but it always worked well this way so ..  if not broke dont fix it? I  recently moved my throttle axis over to Prosim in hopes it would help with non.motorized throttle issue. It didn't. Taking that one step further, the CH Yoke has elevator and aerlion axis calibrated in FSUIPC and buttons in Prosim and this does not get effected. There are 2 CH Joy cards installed and they both get different ID's. Could it be possible I have a faulty Bodnar Card? 

I think now that you may be in the wrong place altogether and need ProSim support instead.

Pete

Perhaps Pete.  I dont really know the cause of the problem at this time. I'm still digging. I have posted in the Prosim Forum as well. It's where I found William's post that liked to this Forum. 

You're comments have given me several ideas to pursue . I'll try moving all the axis over to Prosim and  start a fresh clean ini and see how that goes. I still think there is an issue with identical GUID but I'm not a programmer so don't know.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my concerns.

Ed

I haven't figured out why the engines shut down. I would think something to do with fuel introduction. Also the throttle axis are lost.

But all that is handled by ProSim assignments, as you said, not FSUIPC.

I believe this is the point where fuel is introduced to the turbines.

It is the pilot who introduces fuel (in a 737 is would be 25% N2), by using the Idle/Cutoff levers on the throttle quadrant. Those, in the sim, are dealt with by the micture value, FULL RICH to FULL LEAN.

No. I think I didn't explain that properly. I was trying to demonstrate that the throttle is calibrated in both Prosim and FSUIPC. The spoiler and flaps axis are in FSUIPC and the throttle lever axis in Prosim. Perhaps I should move all axis over to Prosim but it always worked well this way so ..  if not broke dont fix it?

It is most definitely NOT a good idea to have them assigned in both places. They would both be trying to control those values in the sim and conflicting.

Can't leave card connected as too many issues. When card is disconnected then everything works again. Plug it in and sim fails. Remove it sim recovers.

Plug it in, get all the assignments sorted and working (in ONE placve, each), and NEVER remove it. Either that or ask Leo Bodnar to supply cards which Windows will recognise uniquely.

BTW If the axes you've assigned and calibrated in FSUIPC don't work in the sim with ProSim NOT running and just the one card installed, this means that the sole program responsible for controlling those values in the Sim is ProSim, which makes more sense to me than both trying to do it. And also means you need to ask ProSim whether it can deal properly with two indistinguishable cards, unlike Windows (and in consequence FSUIPC) if you keep removing one.

Could it be possible I have a faulty Bodnar Card?

Maybe. You can check for that by swapping all the physical connections over between the two boards.

I still think there is an issue with identical GUID

The whole idea of GUIDs is that they are never identical. It's normally just that the ones that are being used are getting assigned to different of the two boards depending on which one Windows sees first.

However, maybe the Registry can, in error, have identical GUIDs for more than one device recorded. That could play havoc and would need editing. I could advice doing a full hardware uninstall of both boards, via device manager, but I don't think that cleans up only entries in the registry, so could make things worse. You can't even easily search for specific GUIDs in the registry as they are actually in a binary format whichlooks nothing like how they are normally presented.

If you'd like me to look at relevant parts of the registry, let me know, and I'll work out how to get them. It might mean running a little file which I wouldn't be able to send here, so that may involve email, but let me know. But i won't be able to deal with it until at least Saturday.

Pete

I am still following this topic although I am contributing nothing to help!!

I understand Ed's frustration and will make 2 points to him:

1. I have already  6 Bodnar cards attached to my sim -all working flawlessly. It is only when I introduce this 7th card (another Button Box) that the problems occur.

2. This 7th card I have used in a different PC to test the connections of switches before installing them in the sim.--it works perfectly.

3. Most of my Bodnar cards I bought new myself—some I bought 2nd hand—can't distinguish now!

4. I am patiently awaiting builders to start the construction of a sim room in my garage. My sim will need to be dismantled for the move—I may change some things then. Maybe this strange problem will resolve itself.- Also I have an FDS Sys 1 card available and I may use that and rewire my partial Overhead thus removing 3 Bodnar cards from the equation!

William

11 minutes ago, 13Aces said:

I have already  6 Bodnar cards attached to my sim -all working flawlessly. It is only when I introduce this 7th card (another Button Box) that the problems occur.

Is this with ProSim too? I seem to recall a thread on the ProSim forum about it having problems with over a number of boards.

Pete

Yes-I am exclusively using Prosim 737 for all my flights-- I was intending to use a mixture of FSUIPC/Prosim assignments  on the extra board--e.g. for push back (Shift+P) ,view change, and anything else I might want -Traffic Zapper etc, plus fuel cut off switches (Prosim)

Its function really is to run a "general purpose" type panel-- for convenience.

Regards,

William

Thanks for your help Pete :)

4 hours ago, 13Aces said:

Yes-I am exclusively using Prosim 737 for all my flights-- I was intending to use a mixture of FSUIPC/Prosim assignments  on the extra board--e.g. for push back (Shift+P) ,view change, and anything else I might want -Traffic Zapper etc, plus fuel cut off switches (Prosim)

Its function really is to run a "general purpose" type panel-- for convenience.

Regards,

William

Hi William,

I have had some success. After reading the comments in Petes last reply over and over and over again, 

These two comments stuck in my mind:

"It's normally just that the ones that are being used are getting assigned to different of the two boards depending on which one Windows sees first."

"Plug it in, get all the assignments sorted and working (in ONE placve, each), and NEVER remove it. Either that or ask Leo Bodnar to supply cards which Windows will recognise uniquely."

I removed all the switch wiring from the 2nd Bodnar card and plugged it in to it's USB port. Fired up the sim and of course everything was a mess in the throttle. I redid all the axis and button/switch assignments, and moved over spoiler and flaps axis to Prosim. Now everything in the throttle is under Prosim, through a Bodnar Card for interfacing.

As I was redoing the throttle assignments they were going under the name of the 2nd Bodnar card. Very confusing as all the wiring goes to the first Bodnar card in the throttle. So, to put it a little more clearly, the two cards changed names/ID's. I noticed each time I set a switch on the throttle, and clicked the Auto button in prosim I would see the Bodnar card name change for the switch I had moved, and the switch would work.

So after redoing all the assignments the two Bodnar cards are plugged in and no conflicts so far. As I said, so far it's limited success. I still have to try adding switches and buttons to the second Bodnar card. I've rebooted several times and the cards seem to be doing ok. Tomorrow is calling for rain so tomorrow I will try adding switches to the second Bodnar card and see what happens. It also remains to be seen if the cards switch ID's/names again. If that happens, then going to ditch the Bodnar card and maybe go with Pokeys Ethernet cards.

There is a problem with having too many USB connections, but I dont think I'm anywhere near that myself.

Just thought I would give a little update. With Prosim it was very easy to switch board assignments. Move the switch, click the A and the Bodnar ID name changes. 6 Boards is a lot to change though :/  I will report back if/when the boards switch IDs again. 

All the best,

Ed

Hi William, et all,

Well, as I stated in my last post, limited success. This is so bizarre I dont know if I can explain it properly or if it's even possible to happen in the way I explain.

In my last post I had stated that I had thought the ID's of the two cards had changed.  Now I think they did not change.

To try and explain. 

My method of changing assignments in Prosim is to move a switch or axis, then click on the 'A' and Prosim automatically sets the switch. At this time all throttle switches and axis were in Prosim but through Bodnar Board 1. Bodnar Board 1 rests inside the case of my homemade throttle. It is not so easy to get at. All the wiring for pots and switches and buttons for the throttle goto this board. There is no wiring going to Bodnar Board number 2 whatsoever, except for a ground. Looking at the Prosim configuration , everything showed connections to Bodnar Board 1. Sadly, nothing on the throttle worked.

As stated in my last post I then started to reconfigure the assignments to the new ID as at this point I believed the two cards had exchanged ID's.  I could see the switches being configured to the new ID. For example, I move a switch and then click on 'A' in Prosim configuration and I would see Prosim change the assignment from Bodnar Board 1 to Bodnar Board 2. I was ok with this as both boards were plugged in and there seemed to be no conflicts. This is where I left off yesterday. Limited success was both boards were plugged in and the throttle was working.

Today I tried wiring switches to Bodnar Board 2. FSUIPC would not see either of the Bodnar boards, although Prosim saw them both. Prosim showed all assignments to be on Board 2 .  Again, I'm thinking..  ID's have switched so this makes sense, Bodnar 1 is now seen as Bodnar 2.

This is where it gets bizarre. I removed Bodnar Board 2 from the system, and the throttle stopped working. ??? Plug it back in, throttle works. ??  There is no wiring except for the ground and USB cable going to Bodnar Board 2. ???

At this point I was so confused I decided to remove Bodnar Board 2 from the system, reboot and reassign to Bodnar Board 1. On removal of Bodnar Board 2, FSUIPC  sees Bodnar Board 1. ???  I reassigned the throttle assignments to Bodnar Board 1 and it works again.

I've run out of ideas . I had earlier tried to use Pokey card as a joystick card but was unsuccessful in getting FSUIPC to see that as well. Perhaps something wrong with my setup. Hate the idea of a reformat. :/

Pete , thanks for your offer of looking into my registry , remote or email but I do not want to waste your time on that. I'll try the Pokeys thing again. Failing that, perhaps a complete format C is necessary. *shudders*  The PC isn't all that old, but I suppose a corruption can happen fast.

I'll monitor this thread in hopes someone else may find some sort of solution. I'll also contact Leo and ask his thoughts on this as well.

Best Regards,

Ed

1 hour ago, burdman said:

I've run out of ideas .

Pete , thanks for your offer of looking into my registry , remote or email but I do not want to waste your time on that. 

Yes, of course I did suggest that something might be messed up in your Registry. However, messing with the registry is not for the faint-hearted and most folks would find a Windows restore more palatable. Do you have a restore point at all from when you never had either Bodnar board? Else it would have to be a reinstall. I don't think you'd need to reformat, unless you do suspect disk corruption.

Of course, if it is long ago then restoring may effectively uninstall many things you've added since then -- not removing the actual programs, just making them look missing as far as programs checking the registry for locations, etc, are concerned -- and will often also require you to re-register programs with passwords and/or keys.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Hi Pete,

Yes, of course I did suggest that something might be messed up in your Registry. However, messing with the registry is not for the faint-hearted and most folks would find a Windows restore more palatable. Do you have a restore point at all from when you never had either Bodnar board? Else it would have to be a reinstall. I don't think you'd need to reformat, unless you do suspect disk corruption.

I have quite a few restore points as well as backups, but problem is I've always had the throttle with the Bodnar card .

Everything on a fairly new SSD, so I think Disk is ok. I dont have the skills to be messing with the Registry myself. I wonder if it would be worthwhile purchasing  one of those Registry Repair programs?

Of course, if it is long ago then restoring may effectively uninstall many things you've added since then -- not removing the actual programs, just making them look missing as far as programs checking the registry for locations, etc, are concerned -- and will often also require you to re-register programs with passwords and/or keys.

I recently upgraded to a new motherboard, CPU and ram. I didn't re install Windows during this upgrade. Perhaps that caused an issue. The PC is only used for the sim...so.. really tough to figure. I have all my keys in order, so shouldn't be an issue. (famous last words)

Pete

Pete, many thanks for your suggestions. It's looking more like a reinstall of windows is necessay, thinking seriously of going back to W7. 

All the best,

Ed

1 minute ago, burdman said:

I wonder if it would be worthwhile purchasing  one of those Registry Repair programs?

I doubt whether they are capable of recognising what probably amounts to inconsistencies with device identities and GUIDs rather than outright errors or corruption.

2 minutes ago, burdman said:

I recently upgraded to a new motherboard, CPU and ram. I didn't re install Windows during this upgrade. Perhaps that caused an issue.

Hmmm. I suspect that is quite likely. I've always found i need to reinstall everything after a mobo change. CPU, RAM and Video Card upgrades on the same mobo are fine.

I did actually once purchase a program which said it could transfer a system complete from one PC to another even if the latter was completely different (i.e. especially mobo -- the rest is easier). The target machine was a newly built one from a specialist dealer. The program cost over £100 so i thought it "must" be good.

Well it seemed to do it. It announced success and when I looked nearly everything seemed to be there okay. There were a few things it didn't manage, so I sorted those manually.

Within a few days I was tearing the little bit of hair I've got out with frustration.I ended up wasting the £100 and 5 days and starting from scratch. I finished reinstalling everything, after a re-format, within a week (long hours, mind). But then I have LOT of stuff and I am very fussy about what things look like. I have developed a way of working on computers which is too comfortable. (One reason I am avoiding Win10 completely -- just have it on my Surface Pro).

Pete

Hi Pete,

This is Ed's son trying to help him install a second Bodnar input card. We have it working in Control Panel -> "Game Controllers" and ProSim recognizes button presses from each card.  FSUIPC is generating a device list in the .ini file with multiple cards with the same GUID.  One of the GUID's I added manually, taken from Prosim. After I changed one of the GUID's manually, FSUIPC added "G" beneath it on the next load of Flight Simulator. I cannot find any reference in the registry to the GUID's in the list below but I was told earlier responses suggested that everything was in the registry. Can you help us identify what programming "Method", DeviceControlList you are using to access the input devices?  Maybe if we could find out what programming object you are using, we will be able to correct the issue in DirectX or the registry. Your help will be appreciated.

Jason,

0=BU0836X Interface
0.GUID={EF068710-9DFC-11E5-8001-444553540000}
5=BU0836X Interface
5.GUID={EF068710-9DFC-11E5-8001-444553540000}
B=BU0836X Interface
B.GUID={EF068710-9DFC-11E5-8001-444553540000}
D=BU0836X Interface
D.GUID={2BAB0CA0-1A9C-11E7-8001-444553540000}
G=BU0836X Interface
G.GUID={EF068710-9DFC-11E5-8001-444553540000}