The simFlight Network Forums

Has KATL begun beta testing?

Avwriter

Thank you for checking up on the issue to make sure I don't forget :)
Let me give you Folks some background about it; between the release of Tower!3D and Tower!3D Pro the game engine we use got an update (this is why Pro looks a bit nicer and runs a bit faster) and it's not backward compatible. This is why both KJFK and KSAN has two versions currently; one for Pro and one for non-Pro. We realized it just adds into the confusion.
As we promised we will release a patch for the non Pro version with lots of fixes we made during Pro's development and one of the improvement will be is using this newer version of the engine. It will eliminate the need of two versions for the airports. So we decided to hold off KATL until this patch which I hope will come in this month.
But don't worry we will test KATL in the meantime on Pro so by the time the patch will be ready I hope KATL will be as well.

Thank you

Vic

Thank you guys so much?  I am actually out of the country on vacation with my family now, but unfortunately I have caught a stomach bug and am stuck back in the hotel while the family is out sightseeing.  You guys just brightened my day.  Fear not, I will not disappear after ATL is out ( more likely I will be nit-picking it, ha ha).  I even promise to keep buying the add ons as they are released.

3 hours ago, winsaudi said:

I do hope Avwriter flew out of KATL and will fly back to KATL.

You mean you hope Avwriter flew in and out of at least 20 different airports, so he will get Vic and team to make all those add-ons.  You know what they say about the squeaky wheel :)

Here is to a speedy recovery,
RickyJ

Get well Avwriter! By the way, can we get your first name? I know when we used to go out of dating back in the days there were some guys who called every girlfriend "honey" to make sure they will not make a mistake to call the other one by a different name, but I think it's safe to say we passed those years so we could address each others by first names :)

Vic

On 7-4-2017 at 10:36 AM, FeelThere said:

Oh and besides of KATL we also work on KBOS and KLAS :)

Yeah yeah, all nice and good and dandy and such but when will you release a real airport for a change.. -;)  Not being pushy or nagging or anything like that but I think we should all agree that EHAM is the only airport really worth controlling, right guys??

Yeah, thought you would all agree, it's settled then, no more KATL or other nonsense.. Clear all projects and get to work

Tnx

Willem

I am back, still not fully recovered, but getting better.  The experience of jetlag combined with recovering from a stomach virus is not one that I can recommend.  My first name is Andrew.  I have on occasion signed my posts, but I guess not consistently enough :-)   Anyway, I did depart and arrive via KATL, going to EGLL on the other end.  And yes, now I do want EGLL for Tower3D as well, but then I wanted it anyway (along with most of the world's other major airports) so that does not change anything really.  Good to be back home, as the vacation was somewhat of a wash; a shame really since the weather was so nice most of the time, but what can you do.  We made the best of it.

Andrew, sorry to hear your trip to the uk was a bit of a wash. You did have the best of the weather up to now though. As I live about 20 miles from Heathrow (EGLL), this is one of the airports that shall be patiently waiting for. Wink wink ? 

Russell , UK

2 hours ago, Russellfire said:

Andrew, sorry to hear your trip to the uk was a bit of a wash. You did have the best of the weather up to now though. As I live about 20 miles from Heathrow (EGLL), this is one of the airports that shall be patiently waiting for. Wink wink ? 

Russell , UK

We did at least manage to get in a little basic sight-sight seeing and caught up with some family members who live there, so not all was bad.  It just means, we have an excuse now to visit again :-) 

Andrew

Very nice indeed.  Thank you for sharing Vic.  You've made my day.  The simplifications you have made, I think are reasonable compromises, both in the interests of performance, and for game play.  It appears that you have slightly compressed the distance from the tower out to the west end of the field, making taxiway V (locally known as "the Victory Loop"), appear closer and more easily visible than it would be.  I think this is an excellent decision and will make it more enjoyable.  I had been a little worried that we would not be able to see the action down there very well.  I look forward to seeing views looking in other directions.  Bravo!

Andrew

On second glace, I now realize that what I saw was simply due to a change on the zoom level.  The night photo is zoomed out.  The day shot is zoomed in.  Nevertheless, it looks good overall., but there should be a jet blast deflector around the full length of the Victory Loop.