The simFlight Network Forums

Button assignment for P3D Viewgroups

I am using P3D latest version which has the very good Viewgroup option.  Given the difficulty of setting a perfect viewpoint in a cockpit (without crabbing) I have set up 2 viewgroups, one for if the left side is pilot flying and one for right side.  The viewgroups are called Capt and FO respectively.

I can switch between each view by right-clicking on P3D and selecting Viewgroups/Capt or FO.

I would like to assign a button to do this.  Can someone let me know the simplest way to do this? 

Best

Charles

Edited by chasbruce
Forgot to select receive replies

59 minutes ago, chasbruce said:

I can switch between each view by right-clicking on P3D and selecting Viewgroups/Capt or FO.

I would like to assign a button to do this.  Can someone let me know the simplest way to do this? 

Sorry, I've never heard of "viewgroups"!

Are there controls listed in the list of FSX and P3D controls (in your FSUIPC Documents folder) for this? If not, I really don't think it would be possible through FSUIPC. Have you looked through the possible P3D button assignments?

I suppose you could just about do it with a Lua plug-in which used the mouse library to right-click then try to move the mouse pointer and send the click.

Pete

17 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

The FSUIPC Documents folder (subfolder of Modules) contains the file The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls.pdf where you will find the control
VIEW IG VIEWGROUP SET   66848.
That might be interesting for you.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas! I never noticed that!

Pete

Thanks everyone

VIEW IG VIEWGROUP SET   66848.

Good news is that This is also in the FS list within the FSUIPC button tab.  I assigned a button to it and selected various parameters (0, 1, 2, 3 , 4) but these do not seem to do anything.

I looked at the viewgroup xml and cannot see any specific number that should go into the parameter.  There is only the name of the viewgroup "Capt" or "FO" (see attached)

ViewGroups.xml

7 minutes ago, chasbruce said:

I looked at the viewgroup xml and cannot see any specific number that should go into the parameter.  There is only the name of the viewgroup "Capt" or "FO" (see attached)

I can only think that there are additional optional parameters which can be entered to give each group an ID. Either that, or the viewgroup names are equated to ID numbers somewhere, like the main views were in FSX.

I have you looked all this up in the L-M documentation on-line? Maybe that file is defined in full somewhere in the SDK?

Pete

Thanks Pete, I looked in the documentation online here http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/getting_started/view_system/display_configuration.html but I can only see reference to Viewgroup name, I cannot see any id nor does there seem to appear anything in the xml.

To select viewgroup the documentation simly states to right click on P3D

Charles

4 hours ago, chasbruce said:

I can only see reference to Viewgroup name, I cannot see any id nor does there seem to appear anything in the xml.

I can only suggest you use the L-M P3 support forum. The control is provided, maybe they have not yet implemented its mechanism. If it is usable I'm sure they will describe how to use it -- unless it is for their internal use only, which seems unlikely.

Pete

• 3 years later...