The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro: Installation and colour problems

wozza86

Hi,

I've recently bought Tower!3D Pro and am very excited to play. However I've run into a couple of issues after installation.

The first is in my startup folder, I can only see shortcuts to uninstall the game but no shortcut to start the game. I need to go into my program files folder to go find the actual executable to play.

Secondly, some of the panels in the game are a bright pink purple colour where I believe they should be transparent. I'd attach a screenshot but this forum is limiting my uploads to less than 20kB which I can't make a screenshot that small.

Thanks

Warren

Wozza, I had the same problem, I had no short cut, but I just created my own.

Go into where your executable file is, which should be tower 3d application, right click on it and select create shortcut, a file should appear saying tower 3d-shortcut, drag this file onto your windows screen.

Russell

21 hours ago, wozza86 said:

I'd attach a screenshot but this forum is limiting my uploads to less than 20kB

This seems to be a limitation for new people.  Scoobflight may know for sure or maybe not since the forum infrastructure managers seem to be evasive at times.

At any rate, until you reach a certain number of posts (don't ask me how many, may be 5 or 10 or 20) you are limited to how much you can upload.  It really hurts the noobies when they are trying to upload game.log files.

But once you have enough post I think the max size goes up to 4.88MB.  At least that is what my limit is.

Happy Holidays,
RickyJ

Thanks all for your inputs. Might try to add a link for a screen shot when I get a chance. I've noticed the atcsuite website says that the pro version of this game requires the Windows 7 Ultimate and I've only got Home Premium. Hoping that's not the reason for the pink in the game. 

I believe the devs explained that the Ultimate version was required for pro because you can change the language in that version.. Speech only works when set to en-us so a french  win7 home premium version would not be able to use speech without a (vistalizator ???) workaround..

Should have nothing to do with the color issue...

My PC is running on an I7 950 CPU, 12GB of ram and graphics card is a Radeon RX 470 4GB.

I'm wondering if it's some bad remnants from an old graphics card driver from a previous graphics card. I think I might need to try formatting my PC for a fresh install of everything, although hoping I can avoid that.

I had precisely the same thing recently.  I had a hard drive failure, and had to reinstall Windows (Win7 Professional).  After reinstalling Tower 3DPro and add-ons, I had this effect.  I tried reinstalling it once and it was still there.  Then following a suggestion from others on this forum, I uninstalled, cleaned my registry with C Cleaner, and then reinstalled and the problem was gone. It has been suggested that something may have gone wrong while installing the add-ons. (perhaps installing the Tower 3D version into Tpwer3DPro by accident.

Andrew

Thanks for the suggestion Andrew, I'll give C Cleaner a go tonight. I haven't installed any addons yet but am getting the purple-ness straight after installing Tower3DPro. I tried reinstalling but that didn't help. Fingers crossed that C Cleaner will solve my issue.

I hope the team can fix it too, as it's quite annoying as the text is very hard to read. I haven't really gotten a chance to really play the game yet. I'm one step from formatting my PC as a last hope but hoping I can avoid that.

They will know where the problem lies for sure, If something in your scene is pink it is the graphics card's way of telling you it doesn't know which shader to apply to your object. In other words your objects are missing their materials ... It's a Unity engine thing....

The trick is finding out what is causing it in some and not in others.. It could be related to shaders not loading in certain versions of the driver on certain GPU's but overloading the videocard's memory could just as easily cause this..

Things you can try yourself that don't take too much time:

Start with bare minimum setting in graphics..

Try different driver versions if you can find them..

Complete reinstall into a different folder after completely removing the game and running ccleaner afterwards..

Install latest version of directx

Hope you can get it to work

Willem

On 4/21/2017 at 11:54 PM, Kl408 said:

They will know where the problem lies for sure, If something in your scene is pink it is the graphics card's way of telling you it doesn't know which shader to apply to your object. In other words your objects are missing their materials ... It's a Unity engine thing....

The trick is finding out what is causing it in some and not in others.. It could be related to shaders not loading in certain versions of the driver on certain GPU's but overloading the videocard's memory could just as easily cause this..

Things you can try yourself that don't take too much time:

Start with bare minimum setting in graphics..

Try different driver versions if you can find them..

Complete reinstall into a different folder after completely removing the game and running ccleaner afterwards..

Install latest version of directx

Hope you can get it to work

Willem

Thanks for the suggestions Willem, unfortunately still no luck. I've tried minimum graphic settings. Updated my graphics card driver. Reinstalled to different folder. Have directx 11.

1 hour ago, Sky King said:

Vic responded to you on Friday at 8:50am. It is a problem with the Tower software and is on the list for fixing next SP.

I don't think a fix in the next SP is a guarantee. Vic did not say it is a problem with Tower - only that it is on the checklist. At this point, there will be a fix in the next SP only "if it's Tower's fault and not something local". 

Looking at your log file, my guess was that it's because the game is starting in DirectX9 mode on your graphics card instead of DirectX11 mode. One of the Transparency or Blur shaders probably isn't DirectX9 compatible.

I tested this on mine by adding "-force-d3d9" to the command line and got the same magenta colour in the transparent areas.

You could try "-force-d3d11" and see if that manages to get your card to run in DirectX11 mode.

And the devs can start Unity with the "-force-d3d9" switch to have Unity render in DirectX9 mode. Might help with tracking down the problem.

Good to know, just got the message that "-force-d3d11" didn't work, was going to suggest re-installing DirectX11 because your new log still says DirectX9 is being used (although it did try to start DirectX11 twice) :-)

Maybe the devs will be able to fix the transparency for DirectX9 or, if they don't want to support DirectX9, show a warning dialog saying that DirectX11 didn't start.

Have fun playing, I know I have been. Every time I started looking into the cause of a bug, I've ended up playing for a couple of hours instead ;-)

Daniel

P.S. Pulled these out of the log file for the devs

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/SpriteBlurShader' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/SpriteBlurShader' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/WaterBlurGaussian' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/WaterBlurGaussian' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Setting to default shader.

Edited by WildCard
attach shader warnings from wozza86's log