The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 and P3D throttle and stick problems

Right. with the new information, and the same from OldPop, I've worked out what is going on at last, hopefully. 

Please delete the 0.GUID= and 1.GUID= lines in your FSUIPC4.INI file's [JoyNames] section -- the two associated with the X-55 units.

It seems that somehow the X-55 installation creates TWO entries for each of the two devices, and these are indistinguishable (the entries, I mean, not the devices). They have different GUIDs. It looks like the order in which they occur is not predictable. At some time the incorrect ones (the ones which don't work) were first, and it was these that FSUIPC found. 

But those are now second in the Registry, So if you make FSUIPC take another look without it being guided by the GUID entries in the [JoyNames] section, it should work.

The case for OldPop was different. In his case the correct ones are second. I've currently got no way to determine that, but I'm looking -- I've given him a temporary work-around.

I think this problem did not date back to 4.966 but way before, when FSUIPC started actually checking the GUIDs. However, I can see if could have gone wrong in any case, at any time in the past, since the GUIDs have to be used to access the devices and I can't see how Windows would choose the second if that was the correct one. I think folks just uninstalled and re-installed the X-55's until they worked. Maybe each time you do that the GUIDs swap over.

Please let me know if what I suggest to do above works.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Right. with the new information, and the same from OldPop, I've worked out what is going on at last, hopefully. 

Please delete the 0.GUID= and 1.GUID= lines in your FSUIPC4.INI file's [JoyNames] section -- the two associated with the X-55 units.

I deleted the 0.GUID= and 1.GUID=lines in my FSUIPC4.INI file's [JoyNames] section. Positive results - fantastic. The Throttle and stick axes and buttons are showing up. However after shutting down P3D and starting it up again throttle and stick problems again. The GUID lines have returned. I am somewhat confused with the results and need to spend time looking at it and I am tired after today's activities and need to go to bed. I will get back to you again tomorrow Pete. Thank you. Progress is being made.

John

28 minutes ago, Kegs1953 said:

I deleted the 0.GUID= and 1.GUID=lines in my FSUIPC4.INI file's [JoyNames] section. Positive results - fantastic. The Throttle and stick axes and buttons are showing up. However after shutting down P3D and starting it up again throttle and stick problems again. The GUID lines have returned.

The GUID lines HAVE to be there! They are absolutely needed to address the device. The lines would have been generated right at the start of the good session -- please, you should have saved the log. 

They must have been correct for that session, and correctly written. So what could have changed by the second session? It's as if the order in the Registry changes each time!

31 minutes ago, Kegs1953 said:

I am somewhat confused with the results and need to spend time looking at it and I am tired after today's activities and need to go to bed. I will get back to you again tomorrow Pete.

When you are wide awake (tomorrow?), please delete the GUID lines again, but before running, get the Registry export files for me (actually, now, only the CURRENT USER one is needed -- the other seems to only give the device name).

Then run the Sim, and after that session, save the INI file and the LOG, and get another REG file export, as above.

Run the Sim again, and, assuming it reverts yet again, then after closing it save the LOG and INI and get yet another REG export file.

So there will be 7 files. Please name them desriptively, ot even 1-7. There will be:

1. REG export from before anything
2, INI file after first (good?) session.
3. Log file after first session
4. REG file after 1st session
5, INI file after second (bad?) session.
6. Log file after second session
7. REG file after second session

It's still a puzzle, but perhaps we are gradually unravelling it?

Pete

7 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

So there will be 7 files. Please name them desriptively, ot even 1-7. There will be:

These are attached. I will be in Auckland today, and will get back to you later this afternoon.

Thank you

John

3- Log file after first session.log

6 - Log file after second session.log

4- REG file after 1st session.txt

7- REG file after second session.txt

1- REG export from before anything.txt

2 - INI file after first good session.ini

5 - INI file after second bad session.ini

8 minutes ago, Kegs1953 said:

These are attached.

Thanks, but please, next time, just zip all the files into one file which I can download. It's a bit wearisome clicking on each in turn so they open up in my editor then saving them for full analysis.

9 minutes ago, Kegs1953 said:

will be in Auckland today, and will get back to you later this afternoon.

I've got a lot to do here, with all this and other stuff, so I'll get back to you. It will probably be at at least early evening  tomorrow (here, Tuesday) at the earliest as I have to go out in the morning. So, Wednesday morning for you,.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Thanks, but please, next time, just zip all the files into one file which I can download. It's a bit wearisome clicking on each in turn so they open up in my editor then saving them for full analysis.

Sorry about that. Just testing that I have got this procedure right I have attached a zip folder containing the files again.

Cheers

John

7 log ini txt files 25-04-2017.zip

12 hours ago, Kegs1953 said:

Sorry about that. Just testing that I have got this procedure right I have attached a zip folder containing the files again.

Yes thank you! Much easier for me!

I'll shortly be providing a special test version of FSUIPC where the only real change is to log the results of a different call I'm making to get more information about the device associated with a GUID. I'm hoping this will allow me to choose the right one of the pair provided by each X-55 unit.

I'll send it by email with instructions, and would be grateful for the results. 

Thanks,
Pete

23 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes thank you! Much easier for me!

I'll shortly be providing a special test version of FSUIPC where the only real change is to log the results of a different call I'm making to get more information about the device associated with a GUID. I'm hoping this will allow me to choose the right one of the pair provided by each X-55 unit.

I'll send it by email with instructions, and would be grateful for the results. 

Thank you

John