The simFlight Network Forums

Tower3D Pro KSAN wont load, it sits loading at 99%

Gunu

Bought the Deluxe version of Pro on Steam, which adds New York and San Diego six days ago, used San Diego once and now when I load it up it just sits loading at 99 percent. All other airports are working! Any ideas?
I have verified my files on Steam and all is good.

When I select San Dieg Justo and click Start, it loads to 99% then just sit there for ages spinning the triangle and not starting.

I've attached the game log file as advised by feelthere.

Well, I DID try to upload but it wont do it for some reason so here is the log file text too!

Cheers.

Edited by scoobflight
Removed log file from inside post. Log files most be attached.

Ok, this is interesting.

I just been doing some testing, trying to start KSAN.

I tried starting with different runways selected.  Wont load.

I tried starting with both runways selected.  Wont load.

I moved the time from midnight to 4am, and lo and behold it started!

Maybe a bug?

I wont charge you much for my services!   ;-p

Cheers

Gunu

Your KSAN didn't load because there was no traffic for 3 hours from the set time. There is a "fast forward" in the code that will advance the time to the first traffic and just like AirborneCDS told you there is a gap at KSAN with more than 3 hours of no traffic. Please select a different time and then it should work.

Vic

• 3 years later...

OK, so this solves one problem I was having with 99% hangs with custom schedules I downloaded. It does not solve the one for 63% hangs with log complaints about airplanes.

Where is the hours of airport operations published? How would newbie find this out?

What other helpful things are good to know?

37 minutes ago, MTShipp said:

63% hangs with log complaints about airplanes.

Usually means your custom schedule has an error in an airplane reference (aka type), and/or a format error in the data (aka misplaced comma), incorrect entering of space, and/or incorrect use of character besides a comma (aka a . ; etc).

3 minutes ago, Pedantic G said:

Search Google for the airport standard operational procedures (SOP's) and/or Jeppersen Charts etc. 

There is a wealth of info out there by searching on the web 

OK so it uses the legit hours of operations for the airports? OK! Good to know. I just wish I would have known about the 99% hang due to this or some type of annotation in the log file.

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, scoobflight said:

Usually means your custom schedule has an error in an airplane reference (aka type), and/or a format error in the data (aka misplaced comma), incorrect entering of space, and/or incorrect use of character besides a comma (aka a . ; etc).

OK, I guess then  others had the same issue and fixed it themselves without notifying the author. I will search through the file(s) and see if I can figure out what Battlehawk77 did wrong.

Thank you for the help!

1 hour ago, MTShipp said:

OK so it uses the legit hours of operations for the airports? 

Actually, legitimate hours of operation are irrelevant. It all depends on what is included in the schedule.

2 hours ago, MTShipp said:

I will search through the file(s) and see if I can figure out what Battlehawk77 did wrong.

Battlehawk may not have done anything wrong. It could be that you are not using his airplanes file or the one you are using is missing an entry or two. Post your log in the thread of his custom schedule and we’ll figure it out.