The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro Minor Speech Recog issue

Methos

First, I just wanted to say that Tower!3D Pro has blown me away!  The speech recognition worked withOUT having to train it .. and I love how when you call an arrival on the ground, it indicates on the ADIRS which gate they want.  Takes the guesswork out of specifying their route.  Too many pluses to list but I have been having one MINOR issue and wonder if anyone else has.  When I call for Taxiway C at KLAX .. about 90% of the time it registers as C8.  I've tried everything from saying charLEE, to CHARL, etc.  Almost always comes up Charlie 8.  I have a workaround, just curious if I'm that bad at enunciating or if there's some kind of conflict in the voice recognition.

~ John

Yeah, I haven't read anyone else having issues .. which is why I thought maybe i'm just not being clear.  But then other times (and it actually happened in one of my videos) I SPECIFICALLY instruct an aircraft to take C8 and it goes to, C3 or something.  Had me feeling like, "Tough day at JFK" for a bit!  Lol  (Yup!  You can't go on Charlie!  How nice!)

Don't have this issue but for the life of me I can't get it to recognize Delta.  Keeps thinking I'm saying Quantus.  I don't talk all that clear anyway but this causes all kinds of grief as I play LAX mostly and there are a lot of Delta flights.

• 1 month later...
On 08/05/2017 at 5:35 AM, Methos said:

Yeah, I haven't read anyone else having issues .. which is why I thought maybe i'm just not being clear.  But then other times (and it actually happened in one of my videos) I SPECIFICALLY instruct an aircraft to take C8 and it goes to, C3 or something.  Had me feeling like, "Tough day at JFK" for a bit!  Lol  (Yup!  You can't go on Charlie!  How nice!)

Are you still getting the incorrect C8 recognition? I'm having the same issue. I've also tried CharLEE and Charl and ChaRRRRRRRRli but also am getting C8 the majority of the time.

Not with the C but I do have a problem with any taxiway with 10 like crbascot has, and problem means 'never understood' .

RWY 10 : no problem

Callsign with 10 in it : no problem

Taxiway with 10 : not a chance...

Don't know why and can't think of an explanation.. At first I thought it was my dutch accent but then it wouldn't get the callsign either, so maybe the fact that the remainder of the callsign or the uniqueness of the Rwy makes it possible for the SR to "understand" what I want....

Grtz

Willem

Always "one zero" though I've tried "ten" just to see if that would work (which it didn't ofcourse)...

Grtz

Willem

Just tested my accent: Tower!2011 has no problem with c10 d10 b10 or whatever 10 (spoken one zero) I throw at it so the SR engine in 3D Pro might need a little tlc to get it right....

Actually, I haven't played it for a while .. but today I got KJFK and had some fun (ummm, yeah - if you call forgetting you had someone lined up on a shortened runway 31L departure and cleared someone for the full length departure!  Oops!  Scrambling for some command to abort takeoff - don't think there is one.)  Anyway, I'm still having the issue with C8 at KLAX.  I haven't checked though, if there's been any updates since .. speaking of updates, I think I heard Real Traffic has an update?  All I can say is, God I hope so!  It's getting tiring at JFK listening to all those International carriers spelling their names!  (lol)

Hour #1 at KJFK:

https://youtu.be/wKHQAwHbRQE

• 1 month later...