The simFlight Network Forums

Now that SP2 is out...

Avwriter

You know what I am waiting for Vic. It involves lots of orange and beige, and was promised to shortly follow :-)   The question is how shortly?  Hopefully, you have now had plenty of time for testing and performance optimization.  Don't make me beg...  Ha ha ha

Andrew

17 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

That looks hopeful, but I do not see it active on either of your sites.  When may I pay you some money for it?  You guys do like money right?

You're killing me, Vic.  Absolutely killing me, and yes I know you are enjoying it immensely ;-)    How about letting us Pro folks get a crack at it a day early?  I promise I won't tell :-)

20 hours ago, FeelThere said:

We expect to release the SP for the non Pro version tomorrow and once it's out then we can release Atlanta too. The new SP for the non Pro version will include the compatibility with the new airports too.

Cough cough.  

18 hours ago, crbascott said:

For the record, I'm enjoying it myself. :)

Oh well, good to know I'm keeping everybody entertained.  Anyway, I know about your weakness for KDFW, Craig.  Your time for suffering will come eventually ;-)   Seriously though.  Release KATL already!  Next I suppose Vic will tell me that he's decided at the last minute to hold it back another month until Gabor gets around to making Real Color for it... 

Andrew

LOL.

As new airports are introduced, I'm curious what value the Real Color releases will bring to the table. In the case of ATL we already have the following planes for Delta: 

A319
A320
A333
B712
B738
B739
B752
B753
B757
B763
B764
B772
B77L
MD88
MD90.

What else is there? Maybe a 744? I guess we'll see. At some point though it's not worth forking over $6.99 for a Real Color airport release when it only includes one or two new planes/liveries.

Completely agreed about Real Color.  Yeah, DAL does still  have a couple of 744s left, though none flying out of ATL anymore, unfortunately.  Of course, contrary to popular belief, there are other airlines besides DAL flying out of ATL that could probably be filled in a bit, especially carriers like Spirit, SW, and Frontier that have a lot of livery variants.  Then, of course, there is cargo.  Speaking of which, I sure hope that they went to the trouble to treat ATL's North and South Cargo Terminals as separate entities.  Granted, at least Tower3DPro tries to route planes to the appropriate side of the airport, but it's just not going to look right if there is anything but FedEx and UPS up at the North Terminal.  Oh well.  We will wait and see, or should I say wait and wait and wait...  LOL

57 minutes ago, Russellfire said:

Come on vic, admit your teasing Andrew by dangling that carrot in front of him. The sooner you release KATL, the quicker you can concentrate on bringing EGLL  to the 3D world.???

Russell

Exactly.  That way I can quit haranguing the forum, and Russell can take over :-))

Andrew

Cant understand how you guys manage large airports like that. KSAN works ok for me controlling both ground and tower but everything above that just jeopardize "safety" too much for a one man show, I guess thats why they have more than one controller at larger airports IRL. Tried KLAX yesterday and four runways with 100% traffic, no way :) So pleeeeease Vic just one mid size payware addon airport in the future is all I ask for to compliment all those beasts of airports you talked about previously like KATL and KLAS.

Mind you, I will throw in a bag of chips and a beer of your choise to sweeten the deal, call it a bribe if you will :) Now did I hear KSNA :) ;)

Mike

I agree. Less is more. As a pilot, I flew out of DFW since it opened and looked forward to its release for Tower. But after playing it a while it wasn't as enjoyable as a smaller field for several reasons. The large real estate required constant camera movement to manage things effectively, and much of the realism factor was sacrificed by utilizing one controller. SNA or LGA would be a much better choice for a more immersive and realistic experience. DCA would be ideal.

Mike

Uhh guys, I missed a days and request are flowing :)
Let me try to answer them all.

Andrew; thank you for the heads up for the cargos, we will look into this.

Ricky, yes I use an LG ultrawide next to my laptop I use for feelThere.  T!3D is just fantastic with the ADIRS running on the laptop, fullscreen.

We try to release the existing T!2011 airports for Tower!3D. After KATL we have KLAS, KBOS in work and we plan KSFO next. We know Gabor is working on a 3D version of one of his T!2011 release and we saw some work in progress shots that will make the European T!2011 and T!3D users soooo happy :) 

If you have suggestion for us what to build from our T!2011 catalogue next for 3D please, this is the right time to ask :)

Thank you

Vic

Vic for sure a smaller airport, any smaller airport. Browsing through the Tower 2011 offerings I really like Key West. the only problem is that it might be too small with too few aircraft movements. It sure needs some T&G and local operation to be entertaining enough.

If Key West is not an option for some reason then please do an airport like Raleigh, Honolulu or Portland, although big in size at least they are somewhat manageable for one person. Come to think of it, Raleigh migh be the perfect option! My vote is for Raleigh! :)

Mike    

VIc, you crazy old coot!  :-)   First you tease me with pseudo screenshots that don't really show anything, then you disappear for an entire day right after promising a release the day before, and then to add insult to injury you actually hijacked my thread.  There was once a time when those would have been grounds for challenging you to a duel.  However, that time has passed, and so I will just laugh along with the rest you.  Ha!  Now, how about releasing KATL before William B Hartsfield digs his way out of his own grave and comes to get you?  Who would have ever guessed that FeelThere would start the zombie apocalypse by taking too long with releasing a Tower3D add-on?   :-)

Andrew

Fair enough, and THANK YOU for fixing the cargo terminals.  That is worth getting right, as it drove me crazy in the T2011 version when a cargo plane would land on Run way ten and then be assigned a parking spot at the North ramp all the way on the other dis of the field.  So what is the revised ETA on ATL?  Are we talking hours or days?

Andrew