The simFlight Network Forums

PFC.DLL & Yetliner Yoke & PTT-Button & Teamspeak

Pete,

I have a question regarding PFC.DLL (which you are also the author of):

As you are probably aware, IVAO is planning to switch from Roger Wilco to Teamspeak.

Currently I have the left rear button of my PFC Yetliner yoke configured as PTT-Local Roger Wilco Button.

In Roger Wilco I have configured the L_CTRL key as PTT-button.

Everthing works/ed fine so far.

In Teamspeak I can only assign a general "CTRL" key for PTT; it is not possible to differentiate between "L_CTRL" and "R_CTRL".

Using the PTT-button at my Yetliner Yoke does not work for Teamspeak.

Any idea how to get this work.

Best Regards

Th. Wahl

Currently I have the left rear button of my PFC Yetliner yoke configured as PTT-Local Roger Wilco Button.

In Roger Wilco I have configured the L_CTRL key as PTT-button.

If you are using the PFC.DLL (or FSUIPC or WideFS) "Roger Wilco" PTT facilities, it makes no difference whatsoever what you program the RW PTT keystroke to be, because it doesn't use keystrokes but direct registered messages to RW.

In Teamspeak I can only assign a general "CTRL" key for PTT; it is not possible to differentiate between "L_CTRL" and "R_CTRL".

Using the PTT-button at my Yetliner Yoke does not work for Teamspeak.

Any idea how to get this work.

There are no facilities for simply using a CTRL key on its own. You'd need to either choose a combination (CTRL+something, for example), or a regular (non-shift) key on its own. Then you'd program that PFC button in FSUIPC's "Buttons" page, not in PFC. (For that you'll need a user-registered copy of FSUIPC).

If TeamSpeak provides a pair of Registered Messages to operate its PTT on/PTT off actions, like Roger Wilco does, then I could add those to PFC, FSUIPC and WideFS, so you don't need to worry about keystrokes again. You'd need to ask the author what provisions have been made for such external control.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

thx for the very quick answer.

Yes I am a registered user of FSUIPC (I even was one of the very early donators :D )

I will try to submit a corresponding post within the teamspeak support forum at http://www.teamspeak.org.

Their client software contains a SDK, therefore it would be probably no big deal to get their permission for integration into your modules.

The TeamSpeak SDK is something I've been looking into recently as well (for a mostly-unrelated purpose). As of about 7 days ago (I haven't checked since) the TS Client SDK does not include any facility for controlling the PTT. Its functionality is limited to more basic things like connecting to servers and switching channels.

Does anyone know of any free software that can monitor the windows messages going to and from a particular window? I've tried sending WM_KEYDOWN and KEYUP messages to TS but it doesn't seem to willing to respond to that.

Does anyone know of any free software that can monitor the windows messages going to and from a particular window? I've tried sending WM_KEYDOWN and KEYUP messages to TS but it doesn't seem to willing to respond to that.

It may not use messages, it may read the asynchronous keyboard state, in which case it bypasses most if not all of the ways to get the correct keys to it. That was the problem with Roger Wilco and why, in WideClient, I had to use the Registered Messages, which, luckily, it declared for the PTT operation.

There are two ways WideClient provides for sending keyboard events to a program -- recorded playback, which should reproduce the exact same message sequence from Windows as pressing the key does, and PostKeys, which simply posts the KEYDOWN/KEYUP messages. If one doesn't work you could try the other, though as I say, it may well bypass these in any case.

If it doesn't use the messages, monitoring them in any Spy program won't help -- naturally the messages will go to its Window, but that doesn't mean it uses them.

If there is a Menu command for PTT then there is a possibility of Posting the WM_COMMAND message with the appropriate parameters. Let me know if you find anything like that. Maybe a message to the developers, explaining the predicament, might help?

Message Spy programs tend to be provided as part of compiler packages, complementing the debugger. You could try looking at http://www.systeminternals.com, or otherwise searching the Microsoft sites, or do a Google-type search -- the words "Windows Message Spy" might help narrow it down.

Regards,

Pete

I tried to register on the TeamSpeak forum about a week ago, but the activation email never arrived, and still isn't, even with 'forgot password' retries.

As I said before, using KEYDOWN and UP messages didn't work. I also tried manipulating the menu with WM_COMMAND, but the options aren't there for wahltho is trying to do (it's enough for what I'm trying to do though).

"Windows message spy" has got me a whole lot of what I'm looking for, so I'll have a go and see how I get on.

I've also emailed the people at TeamSpeak.