The simFlight Network Forums

Reak Color KATL Tower 3D Pro

GKibby

With RT and RC you have to be real careful on where you install your files. The default folders the install programs provides are quite often incorrect.

To verify that your installs worked correctly, how many files do you see in your [3D Pro root]\Extensions\Airfields\KATL folder? You should probably see at least 12 files with katl_schedule.txt being the file that contains the real traffic schedule for KATL If you open that text file, the first record is a Delta flight 2650 - an M88. If you don't have 12 files or you don't see the schedule file or flight then there is an issue with your RT install.  

Also, what do you see in your [3D Pro root]\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks folder? Do you have any files beginning with airplanes_texpackX where X is the number 6 or greater? If not, you have issues with your RC install. Note: More than likely KATL is 6 but since I haven't purchased RC for KATL I don't know for sure.  

Craig

PS - Just to be clear the [3D Pro root] is the folder where tower3D.exe exists and you should also see the following folders: Extensions, mmwindow, and tower3d_Data.

3 minutes ago, crbascott said:

With RT and RC you have to be real careful on where you install your files. The default folders the install programs provides are quite often incorrect.

To verify that your installs worked correctly, how many files do you see in your [3D Pro root]\Extensions\Airfields\KATL folder? You should probably see at least 12 files with katl_schedule.txt being the file that contains the real traffic schedule for KATL If you open that text file, the first record is a Delta flight 2650 - an M88. If you don't have 12 files or you don't see the schedule file or flight then there is an issue with your RT install.  

Also, what do you see in your [3D Pro root]\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks folder? Do you have any files beginning with airplanes_texpackX where X is the number 6 or greater? If not, you have issues with your RC install. Note: More than likely KATL is 6 but since I haven't purchased RC for KATL I don't know for sure.  

Craig

PS - Just to be clear the [3D Pro root] is the folder where tower3D.exe exists and you should also see the following folders: Extensions, mmwindow, and tower3d_Data.

Just checked.  KATL texture pack is 7.

Andrew

Hmmm - is KBOS or KLAS number 6? Or is Vic going to lay a surprise on us? :)

Interestingly, the KATL schedule file is dated 10/9/2016 so that tells me (1) some of the airports have been in the works for a while and (2) that the KATL schedule isn't as fresh as I had hoped. 

I can appreciate all the comments on Real Traffic and Real Color. I guess I approach the game differently. I normally play with RT and RC and a Schedule Creator schedule so I can make the session as challenging (or not) as I want. I enjoy playing with real airline names and the actual liveries as they add to the realism. RT is updated for each new airport at no extra charge. RC is less than $8 no matter how many new liveries are included. With the new airports priced at $20, I get each new airport with updated RT and new planes in RC for less than $30. I consider that the price of a new airport that I can play the way I enjoy most.

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2017 at 9:04 PM, Bill Smith said:

Yes I have RT/RC working on other airports

KATL was running normally with fake airlines and fake liveries

I bought Tower3D Pro from Feelthere website

Thanks Bill

Bill, I was curious. Were you ever able to get KATL up and running with RT/RC?

On 5/27/2017 at 10:04 PM, crbascott said:

Craig

Did you see this post? This might help figure out where your problem resides.

Thanks, Craig

Yes I saw the post and yes it looks like I have some files missing, maybe I am confused as to which directories to point the installers too. If i uninstall KATL and RC for KATL which directories should I point the installers to. Also do I install RT_ Tower3D Pro sp3 before or after I do a re-install of RC-KATL and KATL.

Thanks Bill

I believe the recommended order is the airport add-on first, then the RTupdate, and finally install the RC add-on. 

For the airport and RT add-on, it needs to be installed in the root folder. Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro

For RC, it is looking for the texture packs folder under the root. Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks.

In all cases, when running the install program it will come up with a default installation location. You can click the square to the right with 3 dots to find and change it to the correct location on your system.

Sadly, this is so much harder than it needs to be.Good luck!

Craig

• 2 months later...

Hi,

i have a problem with the RC Add-Ons. I bought the Steam Pro-Version (with SP2).

Then i bought RT and RC directly from ATCsuite.com. Download worked well.

Installation of RT works also. I get the real names of airlines und aircraft types. But i can`t install the RCs. All my liveries are white. As I see, I should have an extra Texture folder. But there isn`t one in S:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro\Extensions\Airplanes

The RT i installed into S:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro

Must I create the folder by myself? Thanks for help in advance!

Tom

Take a look around your drives to make sure it did not accidentally go into C: Drive or the Program Files (x86)
 Do a search on you S: and C: drives for Texturepacks to see if it accidentally placed the files in the incorrect location.

You can also try the installation again, if you do not mind extra files laying around.

RickyJ 

5 hours ago, Fizziii said:

Tom,

If you just recently bought the RT/RC, the installer should have an option specifically for Steam installations.  Did you get that dialog?

Best regards,
Fizziii

Yep, but it is probably defaulting to the C: drive and Tom is using the S: drive.

7 hours ago, futureboy said:

Take a look around your drives to make sure it did not accidentally go into C: Drive or the Program Files (x86)
 Do a search on you S: and C: drives for Texturepacks to see if it accidentally placed the files in the incorrect location.

You can also try the installation again, if you do not mind extra files laying around.

RickyJ 

Hi Ricky, no Texturepacks found, neither on C: nor on S: drives. I have a standalone HDD for Steam.
Also installed RC again, but nothing has changed.

6 hours ago, Fizziii said:

Tom,

If you just recently bought the RT/RC, the installer should have an option specifically for Steam installations.  Did you get that dialog?

Best regards,
Fizziii

Hi Fizziii, yes the installer asked me of my version and I tagged the "Steam Pro Version" Button for RT as well as for RC. And I changed the path to my S: Drive Steamapps Folder for Tower 3D Pro.

I created a Texturepacks Folder manually and now the liveries not white at all. But I think it is not correct so far (see pic)

In the Texturepacks folder I have:

airplanes_texpack7
airplanes_texpack7.manifest
Uninstal

Only RC KATL so far

Thanks a lot

Tom

Delta.jpg

Edited by TomoT