The simFlight Network Forums

The voice recognition system in Tower!3D Pro does not work

lwcWong

19 hours ago, LEVEL3D said:

@FeelThere Hi I can't get my speech to work. I run it as administrator, system and speech language set to english US, i hear the sound when i press left shift bit when i talk nothing is captured. The same microphone worked for Tower!2011 I have the real traffic addon and the realcolour LAX (which doesn't work) I'm running Tower!3D pro bought on Steam thanks!

There is a dead zone at the start of any session for about 1 to 3 minutes while the voice is initialized.  Usually I push my first 2 planes via the text options and sometimes assign an arrival before it starts working and then it is flawless.

Do you have any recognition or sign that the game can hear you after a few minutes (give it 5 to test)?  Is your mic enabled and set to the default input device through windows?

• 2 weeks later...

For MSI or Nahimic equalizer for Realtek Audio HD, close Nahimic and kil Nahimic services.
I found that on FS2Crew but also on Tower 3D! Pro.
Newer Realtek HD drivers install also 2 services running in background for Nahimic even when Nahimic is switched off and it is integrated.
It equalize microphone input but do noit send the output to VR module.
Voice Recognition runs flawlessly now :)

Please can some one help. I installed TOWER 3D PRO on my new windows 10 PC. loaded  the game, seems to work but no VR working. I activated and talked to the speech to so it could learn my voice. Ran TOWER  but nothing. I push the shift key and I hear the "CLICK". In TOWER settings what is suppose to happen when you hit the test speech button, on mine nothing happens? I am not that PC savy and this is frustrating as hell. Why doesn't  FeelThere have these answers??

I don't know whats going on on my computer. can feelthere please answer the following question "In TOWER settings what is suppose to happen when you hit the test speech button", on mine nothing happens?  the other post talked about "For MSI or Nahimic equalizer for Realtek Audio HD, close Nahimic and kil Nahimic services."  am I suppose to go under services and kill all these processes?? I don't see any like this. why isn't there any that talks about this in the online manual, It's a cool software package but loading it shouldn't be this much of a PAIN!!

LEFT SHIFT controls voice. 

When clicking test speech you should hear something. Have you tried running the sim as administrator? You never answered that question. 

You asked, "Why doesn't  FeelThere have these answers"?? They actually do if you read the threads. But, keep in mind, your system is unique. And because of that you're problem may be unique. If you continue to have issues, you should follow the instructions in the SPEECH ISSUE thread as previously suggested..  

I am new to window 10.. Hell I thought i was admin... how do I know for sure if I am admin??? I don't think my system is unique.. it's a best buy DELL with windows 10. How may threads am I suppose to look thru when I don't even know what I am looking for??  just to show how convoluted it is.. a previous thread from FEELTHERE even stated that too many different threads are being started!! This is why my call sign is frustrated? I'll see if I can find them.  Also. I hear nothing when I push the sound test buttons. I do hear the music, birds, wind, jets starting my shift key being pushed. but NO pilot voices!! and what about the instruction  to " For Tower to 'listen' to your voiced commands the LEFT SHIFT must be pressed and held using the left-mouse-button."   I don't get this one. Thanks

Every system is unique ... as soon as you begin installing software, updating drivers, etc. you've made it unique.

This software needs admin rights. Right click on the tower3D.exe and select Properties (see attached image), then select the Compatibility tab, and then check the box for "Run this program as an administrator". Then click OK or Apply. Run tower3d and the click yes at the prompt. This fixes the speech issue for most folks.

The manual statement you reference is incorrect. Ignore the part saying "using the left-mouse button".  FeelThere is aware of the issue (http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82888-pro-no-pilot-voices/?tab=comments#comment-499927) , they just haven't updated the manual yet.

Runasadmin.JPG.59bebfc21438480fceba40546e2479a4.JPG

crbascott   Thanks for the input. it looks like half my problem is solved. I was able to change the permissions on the .exe and now I hear the pilot voices, but they do not hear me. I think i have the MS voice working because I can say "open Word" and it opens. I am using a mike that plugs into mic jack not a USB port.  Another post said "

As stated above Pro does not like mics with cables or sound cards etc if you plug in a headset with a mic like a SOMIC Gaming headset connected to a USB port there's a good chance this will work. Also run the Headset/ Mic updates or a new install if all else fails. Best of luck"  So I guess I'll change to that kind of setup and see what happens.   MAN!!!

Hello i have the same Problem, speech recognition in Windows works fine, but in Tower 3D nothing appears.

Solving this issue:

Checking Kaparsky Programm Controll, i see both Programms are not full enabled.

Enabled both full with all checkboxes, the speech recognition works now fine.

• 8 months later...

I have a problem where I can use speech recognition to give commands to a single aircraft, but after that I can no longer give commands via speech recognition. In other words, I can tell an aircraft to pushback, but once the aircraft requests a taxi clearance, my speech recognition no longer works.

Can anybody help me with this?