Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
vgbaron

FSUIPC5 Upgrade cost

Recommended Posts

I just bought fsuipc4/widefs from simMarket 5/28/17, so I haven't been using it since 2006. I'm a P3D user, I was planning on P3Dv4 this weekend or next. if I contacted them would they let me trade up?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

FSUIPC5 is a new product developed for new Prepar3Dv4 64-Bit, it is not an upgrade version and so it is independent of any earlier version like FSUIPC4. You will have to buy a registration key for FSUIPC5.

Please note if you bought already a licence key for WideFS7 (FSUIPC4) you don't need to buy it again, you can use it with a registered version of FSUIPC5.

Thomas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

FSUIPC5 is a new product developed for new Prepar3Dv4 64-Bit, it is not an upgrade version and so it is independent of any earlier version like FSUIPC4. You will have to buy a registration key for FSUIPC5.

Please note if you bought already a licence key for WideFS7 (FSUIPC4) you don't need to buy it again, you can use it with a registered version of FSUIPC5.

Thomas, if you were referring to my post, you may have misunderstood my question; I do realize it's a new product. What I meant was that I purchased FSUIPC4 two weeks ago, but didn't need it, I needed FSUIPC5 instead. And if I should handle here or with SimMarket.

Anyway, it's resolved, the good folks at SimMarket credited me 24.00 eur so I could purchase FSUIPC5 because my purchase of FSUIPC4 was recent and I'd already made the move to P3Dv4.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Thomas, if you were referring to my post, you may have misunderstood my question; I do realize it's a new product. 
What I meant was that I purchased FSUIPC4 two weeks ago, but didn't need it, I needed FSUIPC5 instead. 
And if I should handle here or with SimMarket. 

yes, has to be done with SimMarket as you successfully did already.

I just bought fsuipc4/widefs from simMarket 5/28/17, so I haven't been using it since 2006. I'm a P3D user, I was planning on P3Dv4 this weekend or next.

I referred to your post but I thought the first given date might have been wrong ... because you said you didn't use it since 2006 and you were already a P3D user and wanted to switch to P3Dv4.

But anyway well sorted!

Thomas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.6.2017 at 7:27 PM, Pete Dowson said:

There's an early buyers' discount instead.  It almost amounts to the same thing as most early buyers will be existing users.  And it's a far cleaner and clearer system, avoiding problems of IDs and things when folks have changed emails and/or names.

Hey there,

I know that any add on for a flight sim comes with a lot of develelopment to do and I do appriciate that. However I do not understand that kind of price policy. Users from Version 3 could upgrade for 14€ to V4. I bought V4 in January 2017 for 28€ and now again have to pay 28€, already including the early bird discount thats open to everyone. And I didnt benefit from any free upgrade in the last years.

I paid 10€ for Win10 but when it comes to P3D V4 I see raising prices everywhere. As I only need FSUIPC for a free weather add on a rebuy makes no sense - I can buy a weather engine then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2017 at 4:43 PM, Gabster said:

I paid 10€ for Win10 but when it comes to P3D V4 I see raising prices everywhere. As I only need FSUIPC for a free weather add on a rebuy makes no sense - I can buy a weather engine then.

You don't need to buy FSUIPC for an application client! They connect free with no purchase needed! You only ever buy FSUIPCC to use the User facilities. Its interface for other programs has NEVER needed a purchase!

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2017 at 1:27 PM, Pete Dowson said:

There's an early buyers' discount instead.  It almost amounts to the same thing as most early buyers will be existing users.  And it's a far cleaner and clearer system, avoiding problems of IDs and things when folks have changed emails and/or names.

And after all FSUIPC4 was released in 2006 and there have been no upgrade charges all that time despite continual development.

Pete

 

Sorry,  but I find this topic confusing,  in order to get FSUIPC5 into my P3D V4.5 sim,  I would need to buy this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Detail50 said:

Sorry,  but I find this topic confusing,  in order to get FSUIPC5 into my P3D V4.5 sim,  I would need to buy this?

No, you can install it into P3D4. You will get full FSUIPC application support and full documrentation installed. If you want any of the User facilities, then, yes, of course you must purchase and register it. 

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

No, you can install it into P3D4. You will get full FSUIPC application support and full documrentation installed. If you want any of the User facilities, then, yes, of course you must purchase and register it. 

Pete

 

Thanks Pete,  can you tell me which link to use and where to find it?  I appreciate your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.