The simFlight Network Forums

Is VR training linked to WIndows profile?

Avwriter

I currently have MS Speech trained to my voice for use with Tower3DPro under my own Windows profile on my computer.  If a second user, using a separate windows profile on the same computer, trains MS Speech to their voice, will that overwrite my own training when I switch the computer back to my profile, or will the two be kept separate?

Andrew

You should be able to keep two different profiles for the two separate individuals.  In fact, yours should be selected when you login under your username and the other profile selected under the other person's username, if there are multiple user accounts setup on the computer.  If not, then you will have to go into voice recognition and change the profiles each time before running the game, or using voice recognition for any reason.

A little insider; Tower!3DPro, Tower!2011:SE and Tracon!2012:SE (coming soon) no longer requires training. We re-wrote the voice recognition for Tower!3DPro for even better reliability and included a self learning algorithm too so after a few minutes of gameplay it should pick up any new user's voice without training :)

Anyone have any luck with getting it to work with kid's voices?  My 7-year old desperately wants to try voice control, but no matter what he does, it will not recognize his high-pitched voice.  Yesterday he actually went all the way through the full 15 minute MS Speech voice training (I was impressed that he stuck with it all the way through), but the game will still not recognize a single word from him, not even just an aircraft callsign by itself.  His speech is quite clear and he does not seem to have any trouble talking with our Amazon Echo.  He was so disappointed after all the work he put into it :-(.   Now its back to me using my voice and my boy using mouse control.  He and I have developed our own version of multiplayer.  At KATL we take turns, with him trying to control the north side, and me controlling the south side.  Its not very elegant, but we have a blast.

Andrew