The simFlight Network Forums

Pete - as a registered user, I want to extend my thanks to you for your service and products to the Flight Sim community. Given that you just got off holidays I hope you are refreshed and are pounding the coding keys necessary for FSUIPC 5 - It is simply a must have... I wish LM had worked with you from the outset to ensure this was a part of the roll out. Anyhow...I'll not waste anymore of your time but to extend my thanks again...

7 hours ago, N987PL said:

My Precision Flight Control Throttle Quadrant won't work without it.... :-)

Does it need one of my PFC DLLs too? Because I've got to convert those to 64-bit when I'm satsfied that FSUIPC5 iss bulletproof, which it seems not to be yet, at least on Win10 (it is okay on Win7).

The problems I'm having sem very closely related to those others are havong, as in the L-M support forum. So I might have to await an L-M fix.

Other bits like the 64-bit versions of PFCFSX.DLL and PFCHid.DLL will have to follow, later. No timescale until I know FSUIPC is fully ok.

Pete

1 minute ago, FireRx said:

Can we just run it in Windows 7 compatibility , Pete in Windows 10? for now?

I don't know. I'll try it here. 

[LATER]

No ... same problem. It's something to do with P3D's use of .NET Framework (which FSUIPC has nothing to do with). I'm trying to find out why it loads okay without FSUIPC but not with. Of course FSUIPc makes it work quire a lot (via SimConnect), so there's a lot of things to eliminate. I'm adding lots of logging to find out which.

Pete

let me look and see what version of VS they put on here, I believe this was using 2015, because I asked Eliane to see if a newer version that Windows 10 insider build uses would clash with theirs.  I remember them saying it does require .Net 4.6.2 which I do have installed because of my beta testing Windows 10. the newer build use .NET 4.7.  

Hope this helps. :)

45 minutes ago, FireRx said:

one thing I'm noticing Pete is the absence of a Module folder in P3D v.4.  or is that folder added by  fsuipc?

As in FSX and P3D1-3, it's only ever added by some add-ons which want it there, FSUIPC probably being the most common.

The Modules folder was where most  previous versions of FS stored their own DLLs, and it was the only place you could put add-on DLLs to get them loaded in the days before imConnect and DLL.XML.

Pete

hey Pete I notice one thing form one of my other addon vendors at fsdt.  on their latest for P3D V4 their entire structure is outside of P3D like it's using a simconnect to run.

I notice there is no reference of the couatl exe in the exe.dll file in either AppData nor ProgramData.  so their entering the sim somewhere else to load the GSX and all my airport sceneries. 

9 minutes ago, FireRx said:

I notice one thing form one of my other addon vendors at fsdt.  on their latest for P3D V4 their entire structure is outside of P3D like it's using a simconnect to run.

Whether internal or external, we all use SimConnect for the interface into P3D.

So, do you have GSX running? With or without a BGLMANX.DLL loaded? Have they done away with BGLMANX.DLL and made its code run elsewhere, rather than convert it to 64-bit?

Pete

yes sir,  Looks like Umberto created a BGLMANX64.Dll too. Both are in there now. Probably the other BGLMANX.DLL is for my v3.4 which is still installed on another drive.  But  I don't even see that dll in the DLL. xml file. the only one that is in programdata is naked on the P#D.V4 side.  

2 minutes ago, FireRx said:

Looks like Umberto created a BGLMANX64.Dll too.

Yes, I see it -- I just updated Addom Manager to check.

Well, if GSX runs all I need to do now is convert my PFCFSX.DLL and PFCHid.DLLs, and wait for AS16 for P3D4, and I can run my cockpit with all accessories okay***! (I'm using Windows 7, which is no problem for P3D4 -- but Win10 problems are delaying my release of FSUIPC5).

*** Excepting not at present being able to move the GSX and ProATC/X menus into the screen in my cockpit. I need an extra facility in P3D4 for that, pending L-M implementation.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Pete, if I can help you on my end beta testing it. I will. I'm on Windows 10 Insider builds and  I have the P3D pro SDK install on this machine.

The simconnects look like the same ones they used on the x32 bit version 3.4. at least the build numbers are the same.

14 minutes ago, FireRx said:

Pete, if I can help you on my end beta testing it. I will. I'm on Windows 10 Insider builds and  I have the P3D pro SDK install on this machine.

The simconnects look like the same ones they used on the x32 bit version 3.4. at least the build numbers are the same.

FSUIPC links directly into the SimConnect part of P3D, no need for any external Simconnect DLLs. In any case P3D has never installed any specific SimConnect DLLs, at least not since P3Dv1 perhaps.

Currently it isn't worth anyone else getting frustrted by this 100% consistent crash in Win10. L-M are involved. i'll keep pressing them.

Pete

32 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

FSUIPC links directly into the SimConnect part of P3D, no need for any external Simconnect DLLs. In any case P3D has never installed any specific SimConnect DLLs, at least not since P3Dv1 perhaps.

Currently it isn't worth anyone else getting frustrted by this 100% consistent crash in Win10. L-M are involved. i'll keep pressing them.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Is this a Win10 issue which will require a windows fix, before you can release FSUIPC5? Or is this something that LM can sort out on their end?

1 hour ago, calzoni92 said:

Is this a Win10 issue which will require a windows fix, before you can release FSUIPC5? Or is this something that LM can sort out on their end?

I have no idea. I'm in deep technical discussions and exchanges with L-M.

Pete

Pete, 

I forgot during our discussion to mention I have a Logiitech G940 flight system. It worked perfectly on axis assignments on 4.966c so hopefully none of that capability is gone in 5.1

Hey Pete, I know you are busy on this but since your are putting out a new version... a request:  you make it very easy to add any aircraft to a profile.  Any chance to deselect (remove), an aircraft from a profile would be so nice.  Currently, the only way I can see to do this is open up the file and manually delete the aircraft section.

Just sayin'

Clutch

2 hours ago, Clutch_Cargo said:

you make it very easy to add any aircraft to a profile. 

It is very easy. Load the aircraft and select profile mode then the Profile name from the list. Easy.

2 hours ago, Clutch_Cargo said:

Any chance to deselect (remove), an aircraft from a profile would be so nice.  Currently, the only way I can see to do this is open up the file and manually delete the aircraft section.

Not at present. Enhancements will have to wait. There are still a lot of things missing which need doing (see Announcements subforum). I'll be tied up with all that for some time. And I've still got support work to do, and a familty. One day I might even be able to fly myself!

Remind me in a few weeks.

Pete

Hello Pete

I would like to thank you most sincerely for your efforts and help.

I have not bought the P3D V4 yet, since I would wait until some addons are compatible like AS2016 etc.

I have but still a question now to the purchase of FSUIPC 5. I have it unfortunately still niergends to buy seen.
On the support page you have a download link. Is it a free update?

I have a question about the wide client. I had missed it at the time. What should I now acquire, so that he works with FSUIPC 5.1?

If so many thanks a lot.

Best regards

Urs

36 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

I have but still a question now to the purchase of FSUIPC 5. I have it unfortunately still niergends to buy seen.
On the support page you have a download link. Is it a free update?

It isn't an 'update' but a new 64-bit version, for P3D4 only. And installation and use for application programs has always been free. You can download it, install it, read the documentation, but for User Facilities you have to purchase a key.

Unfortunately the purchase page at SimMarket appears not to be ready yet, but i'm sure it won't be long ...

39 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

I have a question about the wide client. I had missed it at the time. What should I now acquire, so that he works with FSUIPC 5.1?

If you don't already use WideFS then why now? If you do already use WideFS then you can register it with the same details in the 5.1 installer and continue using the WideClient you already have.

Pryr

Hello Pete,

Thanks for your replies.

I have a key from version 4, so this will work.

Had it just then understood, because it is just a 64 bit version, it must be bought again.

Why do I now want to use WideFS? Quite simply, I would like some things like The Overhead, MIP etc on my second computer run and the main computer really only with the flight simulator run.

Since some of these things work with SIOC, SC Pascal, I am the opinion I need despite Prosim737 WideFS to it?

Then I would simply simply buy WideFS 7 or?

Unfortunately, I have to translate everything with Google Translator. Sorry if not everything is correct.

Best regrads

Urs

1 hour ago, eaim said:

Where is the link to download FSUIPC5?

In the Download Links subforum. It won't be on the Schiratti page until Mr. Schiratti decides to put it there. This Forum and it's subforums is really where all my things are provided.

Pete