The simFlight Network Forums

21 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

Since some of these things work with SIOC, SC Pascal, I am the opinion I need despite Prosim737 WideFS to it?

ProSim drives some things directly. You'd need to check.

22 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

Then I would simply simply buy WideFS 7

Yes, you buy "WideFS7" to get the REgistration key to unlock WideFS. You download the WideFS7 pakage, or just the WideClient from the Download Links subforum for use on your client PCs. You only need FSUIPC on the P3D PC.

Pete

Hi Pete, I have the registered version of FSUIPC for P3D 3.4.  I just downloaded the latest version for it and the version for P3D V4.

Should I run both?  Or will they conflict with each other?

Thanks.

Pete, I'll just wait until PFCHID.DLL is ready for FSUIPC5.  Is there a sub-forum or specific section I should monitor to see when it's ready?  Again, REALLY appreciate your willingness to work on this so quickly post P3D v4 release.

2 hours ago, PHII33 said:

I have the registered version of FSUIPC for P3D 3.4.  I just downloaded the latest version for it and the version for P3D V4.

Should I run both?  Or will they conflict with each other?

No conflict. P3D3 and P3D4 (and P3D1 and P3d2 and FSX and FSX-SE and FS2004 etc etc) are different products, entirely separate except that you can only run one of them at a time on one PC (due to Window name constraints).

Pete

40 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

No conflict. P3D3 and P3D4 (and P3D1 and P3d2 and FSX and FSX-SE and FS2004 etc etc) are different products, entirely separate except that you can only run one of them at a time on one PC (due to Window name constraints).

Pete

Hi Pete and thanks for your patience with me, Im not as good at this as you or the others.

So what should I do?  Uninstall the one for 3.4?  But I want to keep flying 3.4 till V4 is up to speed.

And do I need it in V4 if I never use it for controls?  I have it in 3.4 because isn't it required for certain things to work with the sim?

Will it be that way in 4?  Will some add-ons require FSUIPC?

Now I don't know what to do if I can't have a separate FSUIPC for both sims on the same PC.

4 minutes ago, PHII33 said:

So what should I do?  Uninstall the one for 3.4?

NO! No need to uninstall anything! You just can't run two flight sims at the same time, that's all. Their idenntifying window names will clash. They probably won't run at the same time in any case, with one of them saying "another ... already running" or similar!

This is nothing to do with FSUIPC. The sims are all sepaarate and you can swap between them as you wish, but by stopping one and starting another. Nothing related to FSUIPC.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pete Dowson said:

NO! No need to uninstall anything! You just can't run two flight sims at the same time, that's all. Their idenntifying window names will clash. They probably won't run at the same time in any case, with one of them saying "another ... already running" or similar!

This is nothing to do with FSUIPC. The sims are all sepaarate and you can swap between them as you wish, but by stopping one and starting another. Nothing related to FSUIPC.

Pete

Oh!  Gosh Pete, thank you!  I would never ever run both at the same time, no need for it, that thought hadn't even crossed my mind.

I thought you meant I couldn't have two iterations of FUSIPC on one PC.

Thanks goodness you clarified.

As soon as I can and it's ready I'll be paying the fee, please let me know where and when.

I really really really appreciate your help Pete!  Thank you.

17 hours ago, PHII33 said:

I thought you meant I couldn't have two iterations of FUSIPC on one PC.

You can have FSUIPC installed in any number of sims-- FSUIPC3 in FS2004, FSUIPC4 in FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv2, P3Dv4, and now FSUIPC5 in P3Dv4.  Once installed, FSUIPC is just another part of the simulator. 

17 hours ago, PHII33 said:

As soon as I can and it's ready I'll be paying the fee, please let me know where and when.

I don't know when SimMarket will be ready. Last I heard they said "tomorrow" (i.e Friday).

Pete

• Upvote 1

OK so I'm confused... not hard really I suppose given all the changes afoot. I d/l the beta-version of FSPUIC-5 and it works, in terms of being recognized in sim. What I can't figure out is how to purchase/register - is this not yet available?

Thus, my second part of confusion - if it is not a registered version - how can I go about assigning keys/buttons and axis?

26 minutes ago, 72VirginExpress said:

I d/l the beta-version of FSPUIC-5 and it works

There's no "Beta" version you can download. What are you downloading?

27 minutes ago, 72VirginExpress said:

What I can't figure out is how to purchase/register - is this not yet available?

No. I think I caught SimMarket on the hop by releasing so quickly.

27 minutes ago, 72VirginExpress said:

if it is not a registered version - how can I go about assigning keys/buttons and axis?

You cannot, yet. And certainly not in some sort of illegal downloaded "Beta". I don't do public releases of Beta versions.

Pete

The correct place to obtain FSUIPC5 is in the Download Links subforum, here in SimFlight. That other link you have found:

6 hours ago, 72VirginExpress said:

actually does point to the same release.

ALL my releases are found here, in SimFlight (and even the pointers over on the Schiratti "Dowson" page point back here). Just because the word "beta" is in the path name doesn't mean they are Betas. I orinally had no control over that part of the pathname -- the area provided for me to place the files was named by SimFlight back in the days when Enrico Schiratti hosted the main releases and I just provided updates and Beta copies here. Now, however, all my work is hosted here.

6 hours ago, 72VirginExpress said:

And I will uninstall what I have.

No, no need. If the above link is the one you used, the it is okay. It is not a Beta.

Pete

Hi Pete and all

Thanks Pete for this new FSUIPC5

The link on SimMarket is here :

English : http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc5-for-p3dv4.phtml

French : http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc5-for-p3dv4-(fr_10945).phtml

Already installed on my own, working fine with Win 10

Current testing

Best Regards

Gilles

Edited by Gilles737
english spoken link

Pete, I just purchased FSUIPC5 and installed correctly for P3D v4.  However, I'll have to wait on PFChid.dll and .ini for my Precision Flight Control Throttle Quadrant to work.  I'll just keep checking back here to see when it's available.  I'm assuming it will just be an update to my installation?

Hi Pete thank you for this!!  Hopefully quick question.  I have a bunch of key binding profiles for different payware planes on P3Dv3 and would like to know if it is possible to "move" files for those from FSUIPC4 to FSUIPC5 so that I can just simply use those profiles instead of going through and reassigning keys for all airplanes when I add them to P3Dv4. If so what files do I need to copy n paste and from/to what folders?  Thanks again

29 minutes ago, jpwflyr1 said:

have a bunch of key binding profiles for different payware planes on P3Dv3 and would like to know if it is possible to "move" files for those from FSUIPC4 to FSUIPC5 so that I can just simply use those profiles instead of going through and reassigning keys for all airplanes when I add them to P3Dv4. If so what files do I need to copy n paste and from/to what folders?

Everything to do with FSUIPC is in the P3D Modules folder, and unless you opted to store Profiles is separate files, it's all in the FSUIPC4.INI file. There's may also be lua plugins (.lua types) and macro files (.mcro files). Just copy those three types of files over from the FSUIPC4 Modules folder to the FSUIPC5 Modules folder and rename FSUIPC4.INI to FSUIPC5.INI. That's it.

If you have a Profiles folder in the FSUIPC4 Modules folder, copy that entire folder across too, with the same name.

Pete

4 hours ago, N987PL said:

I'll have to wait on PFChid.dll and .ini for my Precision Flight Control Throttle Quadrant to work.  I'll just keep checking back here to see when it's available.  I'm assuming it will just be an update to my installation?

Yes. In fact version 5.101 now in the Download Links subforum should support the new PFC modules, but I have some testing to do first over the next few days.

It will be called PFChid64.dll.

Pete

18 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Yes. In fact version 5.101 now in the Download Links subforum should support the new PFC modules, but I have some testing to do first over the next few days.

It will be called PFChid64.dll.

Pete

Pete - this is fantastic news - so fast - I have the PFC C2 Pro console (an amazing piece of kit) and the PFC GA rudder pedals. I have been missing them since V4 released. Had to resort to my Thrustmaster Warthog and no rudder pedals! I did, a couple of days ago, purchase the key for FSUIPC5 on the basis you were working on the PFC Chid, but did not expect it so quickly. Thank you - you are a star - hopefully you will be able to enjoy your retirement after this!

Thanks again

cheers

Peter 

Edited by CaptCWGAllen
Delted a sentence as found the answer on another page

Hi Pete.  I'm seeing conflicting messages.  Is PFChid64.dll available now and if so, can you reply with the link for me to get it?  I have paid for the licensed version of FSUIPC5 but can't seem to find a definitive word on whether or not the file is available.