The simFlight Network Forums

Current FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET is compatible with FSUIPC 5.x?

1 hour ago, iskander said:

I am wondering if the current version of FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET is compatible with FSUIPC 5.x and ready to be used by 3rd party tools with P3D v4

The FSUIPC5 application interface is no different that that for FSUIPC4 (or FSUIPC3 for that matter), so I see no reason why it should not work. Haven't you tried it?

Pete

Hi Pete, first of all many thanks for your quick reply. 

Actually I have not tried, I had no time buy and install P3D v4, but I  developed a free ACARS that is used by many virtuals pilots so I was wondering if my ACARS will not be able to read the offsets without a new version of the client dll. 

But base don your reply seems that pilots with P3D v4 and with FSUIPC 5 will be able to use my ACARS without any change on my exe.

I'll ask to someone to test while I try to find a gap to buy and install P3D

Thank you very much

Hi,

I just ran my home made application using FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET with P3Dv4 and FSUIPC 5.10 and all is OK (I was surprised because I was on Fsx before!).

I'm just waiting for the registration possibility in order to use my Vrinsight MCP and all the keys and axis I have set in my FSUIPCx.ini...

Best regards, Skip.

43 minutes ago, Skipy33 said:

I'm just waiting for the registration possibility in order to use my Vrinsight MCP and all the keys and axis I have set in my FSUIPCx.ini..

Sorry, the wait will be a bit longer than that because, as you'll see if you read the "What's missing" document included in the Download, the support in FSUIPC's assignments for VRi devices is to follow.

It is on my list and I hope to get to it next week. I have some difficult being completely bereft of VRi devices here, so I will probably ask folks to test it for me before release. Look out for such a request in the main Suppot Forum.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply but I don't use specific VRi features of FSUIPC. Just keys assignements specific to my aircrafts linked to Lua scripts and macros. I think I just need a registred FSUIPC 5 to get back the same functinalities I had with Fsx & FSUIPC 4.

Skip.

36 minutes ago, Skipy33 said:

Thanks for your reply but I don't use specific VRi features of FSUIPC. Just keys assignements specific to my aircrafts linked to Lua scripts and macros.

But the Lua programming and macros for VRi devices also depends on FSUIPC detecting the VRi buttons and switches, surely. Do you mean there's no VRi entry to set the COM ports in FSUIPC's INI? Without that you are wholly reliant on the software from VRi themselves.

Pete

49 minutes ago, Skipy33 said:

Exactly I use Serial FP2  software to drive my hardware (which also uses FSUIPC). Still no FSUIPC5 on simMarket today...

You don't need a registration key for the applications interface, so SerialFP2 should still be okay. But where do the "keys assignements specific to my aircrafts linked to Lua scripts and macros" come into it if it is all by SerialFP2?

Pete

Correct. SerialFP2 is working well with FSUIPC5 and I can succesfully use my VRi MCP to manage standard autopilot control functions.

But I also use SPF2_MCP_keymapper tool to assign keys codes  to VRi MCP buttons (to manage lights for example but also to perform specific actions on complex aicrafts such as startup engines). I have a different keymap for each addon aircraft installed. When running the simulator, keypress are generated by SerialFP2 exactly as I can do with my keyboard.

Then using your wonderfull FSUIPC keypress feature I assign each keycode to a macro, a control code or a LUA script with parameters. I have a keys.xxxxx entry for each addon aircraft I have.

It's a kind of home made "Linda" system but more flexible as I can program what I want in a LUA script for a single keypress.

Hope it's clear? Not easy to explain with a few lines...

Skip.

PS: My first program with FSUIPC3 client was made in 2003.with FS2004 :-).

1 hour ago, Gilles737 said:

is there (perhaps will it become) a full 64 bits Client DLL for .NET or is still 32/64 bits compatible

A 64-bit DLL is only useful if your application is 64-bit. For a 32-bit application you must stay with the 32-bit DLL.

And I am the wrong person to ask in any case. I think Paul Henty has a 64-bit version in Beta, but if your application is 32-bit it isn't any use to you in any case.

Pete

Thanks Pete for the reply

my need is actually for full 64 bits application for P3D V4

or eventually for FSW (also 64 bits) if DTG will do future document of its SimConnect Library and waited SDK

Best Regards

Gilles

Many Thanks for all you time on forum and your largely expected devs

Hi,

2 minutes ago, Gilles737 said:

Thanks Pete for the reply

my need is actually for full 64 bits application for P3D V4

or eventually for FSW (also 64 bits) if DTG will do future document of its SimConnect Library and waited SDK

Best Regards

Gilles

Many Thanks for all you time on forum and your largely expected devs

FSUIPCClient doesn't work direct with SimConnect but FSUIPC. It will also not work with FSW because as well it doesn't work with SimConnect direct.

Thomas