The simFlight Network Forums

Whats up with Simmarket? Where is the V5 license?

They are having a few problems. First, I took them by surprise. I told them I was having big problems making FSUIPC5 work in Win10. Luckily for me, L-M came to the rescue, and I managed to get it ready about a week before SimMarket were expecting it. Second, the system for the automatic generation of the keys is apparently not all that simple, and the last time they had to deal with it was when FSUIPC4 was released, nearly 12 years ago. They are trying to suss out exactly what needs changing.

I actually think you have things the wrong way round. You are lucky to get FSIPC5 so early. And if this fuss about the purchase page continues for many more separate threads (!!!) I think I should withdraw FSUIPC5 altogether.

It wasn't that long ago that I really thought i wasn't going to make a 64-bit version. I only relented in late January after a few experiments with 64-bit changes. Maybe FSUIPC5 wouldn't exist. Would everyone go mad or commit hari kare over it?

Pete

Pete, I think the silent majority here on the forum greatly appreciate your work, and we can be patient.  FSUIPC makes a huge difference for some of us, and getting FSUIPC5 this fast is outstanding.  From all of us, thanks for all the excellent work over the years. 

12 minutes ago, silentsage said:

Pete, I think the silent majority here on the forum greatly appreciate your work, and we can be patient.  FSUIPC makes a huge difference for some of us, and getting FSUIPC5 this fast is outstanding.  From all of us, thanks for all the excellent work over the years. 

+1

Regards,

Cor

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

What, no FSUIPC facilities for P3D at all?

Pete

Haha, just joking. It would be impossible to set my controls without fsuipc and Lua and such, so I'm definitely appreciative of your work. Of course I can wait - there's outdoors now that it's not the ice/snow half of the year here! I was just saying I'd lose a large chunk of my controls without it is all :) 

-stefan 

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

What, no FSUIPC facilities for P3D at all?

Pete

Like the difference between a computer and an abacus. Prior to FSUIPC I had several standard.xml files configured to cover different a/c and different controllers. Then a batch file to switch. Just manually setting up custom key assignments was a monumental job. At 80 years old, the thought of doing that again makes self mutilation look like a relaxing pastime.

What adds to the frustration, IMHO, is that many people work during the week and the weekend is when they have the blocks of free time to get things set up. LM released after the weekend and now the Simmarket hangup...

What you hear is frustration - I'm sure Simmarket is doing their best.

Vic

20 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

What you hear is frustration

I'm frustrated about it too, of course. It is a bit annoying that I release on Thursday, all pleased with my work, and folks have to wait.

However, it is important too to expose FSUIPC5 for its application interface -- there are a lot of programs still using it, and they want to get their stuff up and running for P3D4. It's easier for me to upload it for downloading than waiting for easch developer to ask me in turn, anding multiple similar replies with links.

Pete

Its on Simmarket now.  I just installed, registered and copied over and renamed by old ini file.  Just don't forget to uncheck your controls in P3D folks or you will be wondering why things are not working well.

Hi Pete and all

Thanks Pete for this new FSUIPC5

The link on SimMarket is here :

English : http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc5-for-p3dv4.phtml

French : http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc5-for-p3dv4-(fr_10945).phtml

Already installed on my own, working fine with Win 10

Current testing

Best Regards

Gilles

Edited by Gilles737
english spoken link

13 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

They are having a few problems. ...... I think I should withdraw FSUIPC5 altogether.

Pete

Dear Pete

There are enough happy user around, please be assured.
You do a great job and overall it's very appreciate. Take my thanks in place for many other users !

Best regards,
Peter