The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIP 5 problems

Hi Peter,

I have just registered FSUIPC5 and I have some troubles:

- for buttons and switches I am using several VRInsight Multi and Tack and Toggle switches: they do not appear in FSUIPC5. I think that this is due to what you have mentioned in the announcement about VRInsight devices. when do you think that the problem will be solved?

- I was curious to see the amount of memory available in P3Dv4., but it sems that the Offset 24C (I was using before) is no more operative: it shows 0.

Thanks and KR

Joe

1 hour ago, cellular55 said:

for buttons and switches I am using several VRInsight Multi and Tack and Toggle switches: they do not appear in FSUIPC5. I think that this is due to what you have mentioned in the announcement about VRInsight devices. when do you think that the problem will be solved?

When I can get to it. I don't even have any VRi devices now, so it is doubly difficult for me. I thought they'd made their own drivers years ago, because i've not heard frm them for a long while, and even the English language website supporting them over in AVSIM seems to have disappeared. 

I'll try to get to it when I can, but i'll propbably need volunteers to Beta test the results. Let me know if you are willing to do this -- but I only need folks who've got them working okay in FSUIPC4 or FSUIPC3 so that they know how to do it. Let me know.

1 hour ago, cellular55 said:

I was curious to see the amount of memory available in P3Dv4., but it sems that the Offset 24C (I was using before) is no more operative: it shows 0.

024C was more about counting the menmory free, not so much used, and this is such a huge amount now that there's really no point. There's no memory counting for 64-bit.

I think you can use Task Manager or the free Process Explorer to find out memory usage, if you think it is a problem.

Pete

Hi Peter,

for sure I can volunteer to do tests.

In FSUIPC4 no problems at all with those devices that are treated like 'USB pad'. They appear also in the FSUIPC5.ini, but with << MISSING JOYSTICK >> close to them 

No problem at all for the memory.. it was only my curiosity and thrill looking eventually for the first time more than 2gb available in a simulator :)

KR

Joe

20 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

In FSUIPC4 no problems at all with those devices that are treated like 'USB pad'. They appear also in the FSUIPC5.ini, but with << MISSING JOYSTICK >> close to them

Is this additional to your question about VRi? I'm confused!

16 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

attached here the file FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv.

That does show 4 USB Pads, but for some reason doesn't like them (I'll work that out -- I'll probably need extra logging (see below). And it also sohws 2 Saitek Quadrants, but only one ok -- again I don't see why.

Please show me the Joyscan csv file from your FSUIPC4 so I can compare them.

Also, please add these lines to the [General] section of the FSUIPC5.INI file, then just run P3D4 again and show me both the LOG and the FSUIPC5.Joyscan.csv file again?

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

Thanks. (Still confused as to how this releates to your first post in the thread, though).

Pete

Hi Peter,

the point was always related the VRInsight trouble.

Things are worst than expected: in fact to execute what you asked I have installed FSUIPC4.976 (before I think I had FSUIPC4962a.. last version availbale in my FSUIPC download archive) and now the issue is the same on FSX and P3Dv4: no one of the VRInsight device and 1 of the 2 Saitek quadrants are usable on both simulators. (:

Attached what you asked in term of files.

Reinstalling FSUIPC4962a, FSX is still running well.

KR

Joe

FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv

FSUIPC5.log

FSUIPC4.JoyScan.csv

FSUIPC4.log

48 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

now the issue is the same on FSX and P3Dv4:

Ah, that's a relief. It would be really a puzzle if the results were different, because the same logic is used in both.

I'm working on it. I might need to add more logging ...

Pete

Please download version 5.101. I don't think it will fix it but it will give me more information.  Before running it add

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

to the [General] section of FSUIPC5.INI. And please show me the Log, the INI and the CSV file resulting.

Pete

Good Morning Pete,

I just jump in as I have a similar problem regognizing of controls with FSUIPC5.

There are in my example both rudders not recognized by FSUIPC5, but the are recognized by the Sim under controls.

Luckely I still have V3 installed and with the latest FSUIPC4 installed there is NO problem and ALL controls are recognized by FSUIPC4. Unfortunately I forgot to save the log and cvs of FSUIPC4 if it is essential I need to switch the computer on again....

Any help would be appreciated!

FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv

FSUIPC5.log

34 minutes ago, holi said:

I just jump in as I have a similar problem regognizing of controls with FSUIPC5.

There are in my example both rudders not recognized by FSUIPC5, but the are recognized by the Sim under controls.

There was an error in the link.  You tested with 5.101, not 5.101a.

Please try FSUIPC5101a_TEST.zip, which has yet more logging, and show me the log again.

38 minutes ago, holi said:

Luckely I still have V3 installed and with the latest FSUIPC4 installed there is NO problem

Really? Are you SURE it is the latest version of FSUIPC4, i.e. 4.967? Because that should have IDENTICAL results as FSUIPC 5.10.

People are always saying the y have the "latest version" without actually checking. They really mean "the latest version I downloaded". It would help if thev VERSUION NUMBER were always given. That is what it is for,

13 hours ago, cellular55 said:

I have downloaded the new version, attached the files.

Sorry, the link was in error. See above. Please try again.

Pete

8 minutes ago, holi said:

the problem is gone with the controls!

The link you provided above 101A did the job and all controls are recognized

Ah, good! I shall tidy it up and release it properly as 5.102 after I've tested a few other things.

I shall also make the same corrections to FSUIPC4 and release 4.968,

Thank you for the quick turn-around in testing!

Pete

On 2017-6-5 at 9:46 AM, Pete Dowson said:

Please try FSUIPC5101a_TEST.zip, which has yet more logging, and show me the log again.

FYI

Installed FSUIPC5101a_TEST 

VRiSim finds VRInsight M-Panel and works well in P3D V4

I use M-Panel only with VRinsight software as you cannot use it wilt Linda.

MCP-Combo (Model 1) is also recognised by VRiSim and works as well.

I will now have to setup Linda for the MCP. I will use Linda 2.8.7 as this version works ok for me in P3D V3 and FSUIPC4.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts Pete.

Jacob