The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5 reg not working

Please, anyone suffering form this problem, I still need more information. All the logs so far supplied show no joysticks connected, but Direct Input returning a non-joystick instead -- for some reason I can't fathom.

However, this doesn't appear to be the direct cause of the crash. I think it must proceed to the next phase which invoves checking the Registry for the deice(s) already identified and trying to work out if they are suitable.

To see how far that gets, to determine what is going on, I need logs with

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

added to the [General] section of the FSUIPC5.INI.

Please also check whether a partial FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv file is produced. The first part may be. If it is there I need to see that too.

Thanks,
Pete

Hi Pete

This may or may not be connected to the problem,

I did some comparing of P3Dv3 to P3Dv4 and under username\appdate\roaming\lockheedmartin\prepar3d\controls  there are 2 files that were not in P3dV3. attached

1: Standard.xml  53kb

2: Standard.xmlx  217kb

Standard.xml

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

So far all the logs I've seen for this problem have shown no joysticks, so it looked the common factor.

So, can you show me you log with the joystick previous connected, please? With the DEbug=Please etc options added to the INI.

BTW I've now tested on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 on Win10 with no joystick devices, and I get no problems. So it isn't something in Win10 specifically.

Pete

Ok will do as soon as I can I'm busy today but tonight I'll send it thanks

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

To see how far that gets, to determine what is going on, I need logs with

Please also check whether a partial FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv file is produced. The first part may be. If it is there I need to see that too.

Thanks,
Pete

Im checking .log files right now to see if any have

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

in them and so far, no luck.

1 minute ago, grapeno1 said:

Im checking .log files right now to see if any have

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

in them and so far, no luck.

You are serious misreading what I said!. Please PLEASE read it again please:

I need logs with

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

These are logging options, in the INI, to get me more information!!! They will never appear in any logs! They are Parameters in the INI file, as it clearly says!

:-(

Pete

To all those with this problem, please try 5.101c in which I have restricted the choice of device made during the JoyStick Scanning. I'm not sure I'm in the right area yet (pending fuller logging information), but maybe it will help.

FSUIPC5101c_TEST.zip

Just put the DLL from that Zip into your P3D4 modules folder.

Before running, please do add these lines to the [General] section of the FSUIPC5.INI file:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

and after the run, succssful or not, please show me the usual three files:

FSUIPC5.INI
FSUIPC5.LOG
FSUIPC5.Joyscan.csv

all from the Modules folder.

Thanks
Pete

40 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

There is no FSUIPC5.INI before the run

Why? Did you delete it? If there's no FSUIPC5.INI then you've NEVER used FSUIPC in that folder, in that sim!

Not unsuccseeful in any case. More information:

94    Usage=12, UsagePage=1, =Flight Mode Switch
       94 Error 50 [00000032] returned on HidD_GetProductString:  (\\?\hid#intc816&col02#3&36a7043c&0&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030})
       94 Product= <not readable at this time: maybe device disconnected?>
       94    Vendor=8087, Product=0A1E (Version 2.0)
      219 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      219 ****** Registry scanning: VID=8087, PID=0A1E ******
      219 Trying: "HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_8087&PID_0A1E\Calibration\0"
      219    ... and a "GUID" value
      219    GUID= {55BAE820-FF5E-11E6-8007-444553540000}
      219        NB: not valid for this device according to GetConfig!

So, the device you have connected is a "Flight Mode Switch". FSUIPC assumes you might want to program such a thing in a flighjt sim. I suppose you know what this iss?

Pete

I deleted the .dll and the .ini from the sim, because it say's on page 6 of the user's guide to de-install remove them. I can't use the program is they are installed.

I dont have a "Flight Mode Switch" that I know of. I went into the setting for the sim and under controls it show's the mouse and that it. I have never had a flight sim controller, I use the keyboard to control the sim.      

1 hour ago, grapeno1 said:

I deleted the .dll and the .ini from the sim, because it say's on page 6 of the user's guide to de-install remove them. I can't use the program is they are installed.

But we are trying ot work out what is wrong. you only need to disable FSUIPC if you want to load without it -- just rename the FSUIPC4.DLL, for example. Data files can't stop anything running. It makes no sense to start again from scratch every time I ask you to do a test.

I dont have a "Flight Mode Switch" that I know of. I went into the setting for the sim and under controls it show's the mouse and that it

Well, it is detected by DirectInput and shows in the Registry. Check in the Windows device manager.

Pete

Pete I found the problem and I got FSUIPC5 installed.

In the Device Manager under Human Interface Devices, there were 5

HID-compliant consumer control device

I disabled them all and 5 and FSUIPC5 installed without a problem.

Wow! Well done! I hope you've not lost the use of anything? Keyboard, mouse, all okay?

Meanwhile, for everyone else with the problem, please try 

FSUIPC5101d_TEST.zip

still with these lines added to the[General] section of the FSUIPC5.INI file:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x200000

and please show me the Log file after, no matter what the result.

Pete

2 hours ago, rlw9sr said:

I have updated the .dll (5.101d) and still no joy with the PMDG 747--dark screens and no countdown initialization.

There's no way I can deal with the PMDH 747 problems. I don't have PMDG source fgiles. Please refer to PMDG.

Pete

52 minutes ago, Navigation said:

Hey Pete you say your working on a newer version?

5.101g will be released shortly, with several problems relating to Joystick Scanning (see other threads) and fixed for LINDA an other offset using programs, plus VRi support (untested -- released for VRi users to test and report).

If you're hoping I can diagnose PMDG problems I'm afraid you are mistaken. At present that's between PMDG and L-M, because I cannot debug PMDG software or what it is getting so wrong from SimConnect, which I assume is the common factor.

Pete