The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 5 - GOFLIGHT

10 minutes ago, tananarive said:

My goflights work with P3Dv3 but not with P3Dv4. GF Config Setup 2.28.0, GF Config.exe on P3D v4. FSUIPC.5.101.

If you mean assignments to buttons and switches in FSUIPC, then, no. GoFlight support in FSUIPC5, which is a 64-bit DLL to match the 64-bit P3D4, needs a 64-bit version of GFDEV.DLL from Goflight, which is not yet available.

Pete

12 minutes ago, tananarive said:

I download this update at Goflight, is it in 64 Bits

Yes, but the 64 bit version of GFdev.DLL is not ready yet and isn't included. It would probably be part of their DLL, with full documentation as before.

Don't worry. I'm in touch with GoFlight and they will advise me when it is ready.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, tananarive said:

The new Goflight driver works with FSUIPC5.103e.

https://goflightinc.com/latest-software/

As does the one I included in the FSUIPC ZIP file. Is the "new" one a later version? The one I supplied was 2.2.8.0, as shown in my Logs along with the devices I could test here:

174269 Using "E:\Prepar3D v4\Modules\GFDEV64.DLL", version 2.2.8.0
   174269 GoFlight GFP8 detected: 2 devices
   174269 GoFlight GFT8 detected: 2 devices
   174269 GoFlight GFRP48 detected: 2 devices

Do you have more devices tested? Maybe check the FSUIPC5.LOG for similar lines to the above?

Pete

All Goflight modules are recognized

Goflight:

RP48:174

RP48: 175

RP48: 176

EFIS: 170

EFIS: 171

P8:101: 0 - 7 P8:101: 8 - 15

T8:109: 0 - 7 T8:109: 8 - 15 T8:109: 16 - 23 T8:109: 24 - 31

T8:110: 0 - 7 T8:110: 8 - 15

LGT: 165

MCP PRO:158

TQ6: 0

JOY:2 JOY:3 JOY;4

MCP Thrustmaster: 5, 6, 7

Are we talking about recognizing the Go-Flight modules in Go-Flight or FSUIPC? I have installed Go-Flight software version 2.8.8.0. I can operate the Go-Flight modules through the Go-Flight module software but FSUIPC does not recognize the module key presses. I used the Go-Flig config program to turn off all the Go-Flight module buttons or rotaries. I have the GFDev.dll from version 2.2.8.0 in the FSUIPC modules folder. I do not see a file called GFDEV64.DLL in either the Go-Flight folder or the FSUIPC5 folders.

IN PD3V3 I had the Go-Flight modules working through FSUIPC. I would be nice to get them doing the same in V4.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2017 at 3:18 PM, jmig said:

Are we talking about recognizing the Go-Flight modules in Go-Flight or FSUIPC? I have installed Go-Flight software version 2.8.8.0. I can operate the Go-Flight modules through the Go-Flight module software but FSUIPC does not recognize the module key presses. I used the Go-Flig config program to turn off all the Go-Flight module buttons or rotaries. I have the GFDev.dll from version 2.2.8.0 in the FSUIPC modules folder. I do not see a file called GFDEV64.DLL in either the Go-Flight folder or the FSUIPC5 folders.

IN PD3V3 I had the Go-Flight modules working through FSUIPC. I would be nice to get them doing the same in V4.

I still need an answer to my question above. I can only get Go-Flight modules to work with Go-Flight software. FSUIPC5 is not recognizing the modules. I am using the most recent Go-Flight software, V2.8.8.

Thanks,

John

5 minutes ago, jmig said:

FSUIPC5 is not recognizing the modules. I am using the most recent Go-Flight software, V2.8.8.

FSUIPC does not use the GoFlight drivers for P3D, only the GFDev64.DLL module, which was included in the download ZIP since the first version of FSUIPC with Goflight support incorporated! 

Just place to GFDev64.dll into the Modules folder.

Download the currtent interim update for FSUIPC5 from the Download Links subforum. ALWAYS look there for the latest versions.

Pete

OK Pete, please bare with me here. This may sound less than intelligent, however, I have looked in every folder that unzipped from FSUIPC and I cannot find GFDev64.dll. I moved the one from GoFlight, but I think it is just GFDev.dll. I have the system down right now while I do some more work on the cockpit, so I can't check at the moment.

50 minutes ago, jmig said:

This may sound less than intelligent, however, I have looked in every folder that unzipped from FSUIPC

Did you download the interim update from Download Links, the one named 5.103g? HAT is where GoFlight is suported, and THAT ZIP most definitely contains GFDev64.DLL. 

Ealier versions of FSUIPC do not support GoFlight in any case.

ALWAYS state your version of FSUIPC please! Otherwise you aren't making sense. I ALWAYS need to know that.

Pete

On 7/17/2017 at 4:12 PM, Pete Dowson said:

Did you download the interim update from Download Links, the one named 5.103g? HAT is where GoFlight is suported, and THAT ZIP most definitely contains GFDev64.DLL. 

Ealier versions of FSUIPC do not support GoFlight in any case.

ALWAYS state your version of FSUIPC please! Otherwise you aren't making sense. I ALWAYS need to know that.

Pete

Thank you Peter. I have just downloaded the update.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

you actually only misst the first paragraph in the FSUIPC5 History.pdf file located in ..\Modules\FSUIPC Documents\ where it states

Version 5.11 (August 2017)

1. This version supports the same GoFlight devices as FSUIPC4. You need to download the GFDEV64.DLL from the Download Links subforum in the FSUIPC Support Forum, and place it into the P3Dv4 Modules folder.

Thomas

4 hours ago, billolgaau said:

I have FSUIPC 5.11 (Registered) & P3DV4 plus the latest GoFlight Driver 2.28.0, but can not for the life of me find GFDEV64.DLL

As Thomas says, it is available in the Download Links subforum here. But I'll be checking with GoFlght themselves before the next release of FSUIPC Installer, because in the past their own installers have installed GFDev.DLL (the 32-bit version) already, so you didn't really need to download anything at all as FSUIPC should find it as before.

Really the version I have is a "Beta" they sent to me for testing. It worked okay so I used it. 

Maybe their installers do now install it, but it's in a different folder? Perhaps you could, please, do a search of your GoFlight folders? They used to install the 32-bit version (GFDev.DLL) in the Install folder for GFConfig.exe. Let me know if you find it and where so I can fix my search.

If it isn't installed by their own installers I'll ask them if it's okay for me to include it in mine, so I can place it in the FSUIPC Documents folder for easier access. After all it is their software. I did ask permission to host it here for download.

Pete

13 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

As Thomas says, it is available in the Download Links subforum here. But I'll be checking with GoFlght themselves before the next release of FSUIPC Installer, because in the past their own installers have installed GFDev.DLL (the 32-bit version) already, so you didn't really need to download anything at all as FSUIPC should find it as before.

Really the version I have is a "Beta" they sent to me for testing. It worked okay so I used it. 

Maybe their installers do now install it, but it's in a different folder? Perhaps you could, please, do a search of your GoFlight folders? They used to install the 32-bit version (GFDev.DLL) in the Install folder for GFConfig.exe. Let me know if you find it and where so I can fix my search.

If it isn't installed by their own installers I'll ask them if it's okay for me to include it in mine, so I can place it in the FSUIPC Documents folder for easier access. After all it is their software. I did ask permission to host it here for download.

Pete

Thanks Pete (And Thomas), I have been looking in the Download Link & can't find it & it is not in the latest Goflight 2.280.

I have searched my whole computer & there is only the 32 bit versions.

I put in a Support ticket to GoFlight & just got a Support Ticket number which won't let me access it & it's not my Firewall.

1 hour ago, billolgaau said:

I have been looking in the Download Link & can't find it

Hmm. You are right! That's odd. It should be in the "Useful Additional Programs" thread along with the 32-bit versions. It is definitely uploaded, and I did edit thst thread, but something must have gone wrong with that.

Sorry. I'll fix that immediately, but meanwhile here's a link to a freshly Zipped copy, for you to download it directly:

GFDevDLL64.zip

Pete

10 hours ago, billolgaau said:

I just got a reply from GoFlight saying they are working with you & the 64 bit version (Release I suppose) is not yet available

Strange. I did confirm to them it was all working. Maybe they are actually waiting will they have a "better" reason to release a complete new package.

Pete

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

meanwhile P3D v4 has reached me as well, and thus I ran the Install FSUIPC 5.exe which updateded the Modules folder with FSUIPC.DLL.

For my MCP Pro I downloaded the latest GoFlight software GFConfigSetup_2_28_0.exe and ran them, which created the GFDevP3Dv4.exe in the ..\programs\GoFlight folder.

But the MC Pro didn't work with P3D v4, although it worked fine just before with P3D v3.

I could run the GFConfig.exe and the GFDevP3Dv4.exe, which creates the process, called "P3D-to-module data bridge (32 Bit) by the task manager, Version 2.02 Build 0.

So, no 64 Bit process? And the Version looks like an old one.

The reaction of the MCP Pro is lightning all displays with a horizontal illumination bar. This appears as well just before P3D comes up with its first display.

Furthermore I found the GFDev64.dll on your "Useful Additional Programs" page (your note was very helpful ..) and put it into the Modules folder, but still nothing changed, when I switch on the avionics. The MCP Pro kept dark.

I tried to write the path into the exe.xml, just as in P3D v3, but no help.

Meanwhile nearly more than 2 months have passed since your last post, but no success until now.

Could be the problem to create the 64 Bit databridge from GFDevP3Dv4.exe, or what do you mean, Pete?

What is your current state to that? Are you working together with GF, or should I write a support ticket on GoFlight homepage?

Regards

Gerhard

FSUIPC only directly supports the assignment of buttons, knobs and switches, on recognised GoFlight parts. For that it uses GFDev.DLL for 32-bit and GFDev64.DLL for 64-bit.

For full support of their devices which consist of more than switches and buttons you should really use their software, which I think are other EXE or DLL programs. Those are nothing whatsoever to do with me or FSUIPC. You need Goflight support, not FSUIPC support.

It is possible to use the HID facilities in the FSUIPC Lua plug-in facilities to write your own driver for the GoFlight MCP, but this is quite a complex programming task. I recommend sorting things out with GoFlight instead.

Pete

A positve info from my side:

I installed 3D v4.1 and here it works (with money bravo), even without GFDev64.dll.

The only difference I notice so far, is that it switches on/off with the battery switch and not with the avionic switch. But this is pretty less only. I'm not sure, what the GFDev64.dll can give me more. I'm not flying an airliner. But with general aviation aircraft most of the wheels and buttons are working, and with small business jets I'm in hope until carenado has been offered its updates.

Gerhard

7 hours ago, Gerd said:

I installed 3D v4.1 and here it works (with money bravo), even without GFDev64.dll.

GFDev64.DLL is only used by FSUIPC so it can read the buttons and switches directly, and also support the lua gfd library. It has nothing to do with Goflights device specific drivers.

7 hours ago, Gerd said:

I'm not sure, what the GFDev64.dll can give me more.

Probably nothing at all, unless you cannot assign buttons and switches in the Goflight driver to do what you want. FSUIPC offers more flexibility of assignment, to more functions and even combinations of functions. See the User guide to understand more of what FSUIPC does.

But without programming, via a lua plug-in, FSUIPC does not drive displays on any Goflight devices. That's why you need the proper Goflight drivers which they should provide.

Pete