Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

Recommended Posts

Second issue report - I'm not seeing a value for a specific PMDG777 offset when using FSUIPC5. I check offset 0x6C1D to get the PMDG equipment type code as a sanity check to ensure that I'm getting proper PMDG data. In P3Dv3 using FSUIPC 4.967, the code is non-zero (4) and it correctly detects the -200LR. When using FSUIPC5 and the same aircraft in P3Dv4, the offset is zero.

I've checked my 777X_Options.ini file and the EnableDataBroadcast=1 setting is set under the SDK section, so it should be available to FSUIPC.

Is this functionality enabled in P3Dv4, and how can I help determine whether the data is is making it to FSUIPC?

(FWIW, it looks like the alloc/free count doesn't match here either, but I'm not getting a P3D crash on shutdown like I do with v3).

Cheers!

Luke

 

FSUIPC5.log

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Luke Kolin said:

I'm not seeing a value for a specific PMDG777 offset when using FSUIPC5.

Currently All the PMDG offset facilities are disabled, pendind information on the layouts. If you can send me the SDK'd .h file (petedowson@btconnect.com) and, even better, compare the tables of values in that with the previous version, then I'll be able to re-enable it. 

52 minutes ago, Luke Kolin said:

it looks like the alloc/free count doesn't match here either

What "alloc/free count" is that?

Pete

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Currently All the PMDG offset facilities are disabled, pendind information on the layouts. If you can send me the SDK'd .h file (petedowson@btconnect.com) and, even better, compare the tables of values in that with the previous version, then I'll be able to re-enable it. 

I'd be delighted to.

 The alloc/free count is what I referred to here: 

... but it looks like expected behavior on the FSUIPC side so I'll reach out to PMDG. Thanks!

Luke

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Luke Kolin said:

You've got mail.

Not received yet. Perhaps it had a prohibited attachment filetype?

3 hours ago, Luke Kolin said:

The files look identical between P3Dv3 and P3Dv4.

Okay. I'll re-enable the offset reception for that. Not sure whether to do so for the 747 and 737 too. I might ask PMDG. H

However, I would be a little worried about enabling it at this time because there is a knowwn bug in P3D4 with the Client Data request being made. I think tht might be fixed in the next P3D4 update, so I'll hang fire till that is available if you don't mind. I don't want a further host of complaints that FSUIPC5 causes PMDG aircraft to stop working!

Pete

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's fair. If you need someone to give it a quick smoke test I'd be happy to.

On a side note, did you get the second copy of the header file I sent? I zipped it up in case there was a picky mail filter. Worst case I can attach it here.

Cheers!

Luke

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luke Kolin said:

On a side note, did you get the second copy of the header file I sent? I zipped it up in case there was a picky mail filter.

Yes, I got both. Why did you send it? Has it changed. the first was IDENTICAL to the original version from last year.

I tried to reply to your email, several times, but today all my emails to your email address are being blocked. Seems I'm not liked by your email serever.

Pete

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies - my spam filter has gotten rather aggressive in the past 4 weeks. I fear it's a little out of my control as it's a Bayesian filter that is trained by the other users of my mail server. I sent it over just in case something was different and it never hurts to have a copy just in case - I have a challenge supporting PMDG aircraft that I don't own (specifically the 744; I can't justify buying it for $100+ when I have the previous version mostly working in P3D.

Anyways, thanks again for your great work. SimMarket has a few of my dollars for FSUIPC5.

Cheers!

Luke

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I noticed that the PDFs with PMDG offset information have been added to fsuipc 5.102. I couldn't get a readout from them directly though and was wondering wether they would have already been completely enabled at this point? (PMDG 747 QOTSii). I load the info into custom offsets manually atm which also works fine.

FYI: With fsuipc5.102 the 747 also loaded up 'dead' as has been reported in other threads. (earlier fsuipc5 versions were ok) PMDG did release an update to the 747 last week, after applying all was fine again.

Update: The change log of the 747 does mention that the squawkbox/IVAP/FSUIPC interface has been temporary disabled to prevent failure mode, which will most likely be the reason for not begin able to query the offsets. Input via events does work though.

Edited by tomdc
update
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2017 at 6:56 PM, tomdc said:

I noticed that the PDFs with PMDG offset information have been added to fsuipc 5.102. I couldn't get a readout from them directly though and was wondering wether they would have already been completely enabled at this point? (PMDG 747 QOTSii).

It needs a fix in P3D4 itself, which will be in the next update from L-M. I should have mentioned that in my release notes.

On 6/15/2017 at 6:56 PM, tomdc said:

FYI: With fsuipc5.102 the 747 also loaded up 'dead' as has been reported in other threads. (earlier fsuipc5 versions were ok) PMDG did release an update to the 747 last week, after applying all was fine again.

Yes, the PMDG fix was actually released before 5.102 so I thought it wouldn't be a problem to do things right in FSUIPC code.

On 6/15/2017 at 6:56 PM, tomdc said:

The change log of the 747 does mention that the squawkbox/IVAP/FSUIPC interface has been temporary disabled to prevent failure mode, which will most likely be the reason for not begin able to query the offsets.

No, that actually affects the link between the PMDG code and Squawkbox, linking the PTT and Ident functions.

Pete

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.