The simFlight Network Forums

MONITOR IPC problem with P3Dv4

Really a great quantity of Gb Thomas ..... but I think that what MONITOR IPC:024C(S32) shows is how much of the installed memory is still available every moment and not how much memory P3Dv4-64 bits is able for manage ..... is not ??

If I have installed 8 Gb memory ..... I should like to know every moment how much is still available and take the decision of install or not more RAM

Thanks

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

2 minutes ago, beatic said:

but I think that what MONITOR IPC:024C(S32) shows is how much of the installed memory is still available

That is not what the offset is designated for. It was for VAS -- Virtual Address Space -- not actual memory! That would be something else altogether.

I might consider adding another offset which provides the memory space currently used by P3D4 (which can exceed actual memory), but I'd need to investigare that and I really have no time at present. Ask again in about a month.

Oh, and 8Gb is not enough if you plan to add much in the way of add-ons. Performance will start dropping off it it has to use paging to disk.

Pete

OK Pete ..... I had not understand correctly this offset function ....... I know you are very very busy in this moment and surely the next weeks ...... no problem I'll ask again when things became more normal

For the moment I am going to install more RAM

Thanks

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928