The simFlight Network Forums

Makerwys v4.801 fails to make data files

19 hours ago, Richard Macdonald Woods said:

When I run Makerwys 4.801 with the lorbi-si program installed I receive the messages:

• Failed to make all of the data files!
  • Failed to make FStarRC RWS file!
  • Total airports = 0, runways = 0

What am I doing wrong?

Is the program 4.801 or 4.80? If not 4.801 try refreshing your cache and downloading again. Otherwise just run it twice.

in 4.80 it wasn't always allowing enough time for AddonOrganizer to make the file, but it still gets made, so running it again works anyway.

Pete

Edit: You say FSDT stuff doesn't work with P3Dv3, but this is with v4.  Maybe you mean it applies to both.  If it does apply to both, disregard this post!

--

To keep replies in the topic you asked for, I'm seeing it create a MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg and then it creates the xml and other files.  The MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg file correctly displays the FSDreamTeam, FlightBeam, etc airports.  However, scanning both Runways.txt and runways.xml shows that the airports in those files are just the default ones, or potentially ORBX ones from their regions.  Unless I'm misreading things.  I ran MakeRwys.exe multiple times with the same results.  MakeRwys.exe is 4.801, downloaded just a bit ago.

Snippets, showing PHLI and KLAX

MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg

<snip>
[Area.250]
Title=FsDreamTeam Hawaiian Airports V1 Lihue
Local=F:\P3D Addons\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\PHLI\Scenery
Layer=250
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
</snip>
<snip>
[Area.251]
Title=FsDreamTeam Los Angeles
Local=F:\P3D Addons\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\KLAX_V2\Scenery
Layer=251
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
</snip>

runways.xml

<snip>
<ICAO id="PHLI">
<ICAOName>Lihue</ICAOName>
<Country>United States</Country>
<State>Hawaii</State>
<City>Lihue</City>
<File>Scenery\0003\scenery\APX05240.bgl</File>
<SceneryName>0003 Base</SceneryName>
<Longitude>-159.338623</Longitude>
<Latitude>21.976097</Latitude>
</snip>

<snip>
<ICAO id="KLAX">
<ICAOName>Los Angeles Intl</ICAOName>
<Country>United States</Country>
<State>California</State>
<City>Los Angeles</City>
<File>ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAX.bgl</File>
<SceneryName>FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY</SceneryName>
<Longitude>-118.408073</Longitude
</snip>

Runways.txt

<snip>
Airport PHLI :N21:58:33.9210  W159:20:19.0393  153ft
          Country Name="United States"
          State Name="Hawaii"
          City Name="Lihue"
          Airport Name="Lihue"
          in file: Scenery\0003\scenery\APX05240.bgl

Runway 17 /35  centre: N21:58:21.8379  W159:20:09.1691  153ft
              Start 17 : N21:58:52.9689  W159:20:09.1580  153ft Hdg: 180.0T, Length 6523ft 
</snip>

<snip>
Airport KLAX :N33:56:33.1010  W118:24:29.0697  126ft
          Country Name="United States"
          State Name="California"
          City Name="Los Angeles"
          Airport Name="Los Angeles Intl"
          in file: Scenery\0202\scenery\APX16190.bgl

Runway 7L/25R centre: N33:56:16.5151  W118:23:58.8176  126ft
              Start 7L: N33:56:09.4531  W118:25:07.6935  126ft Hdg: 83.0T, Length 12078f
</snip>

<snip>
=============================================================================
Area.250 "FsDreamTeam Hawaiian Airports V1 Lihue" (Layer=250)
Path(Local/Remote)=F:\P3D Addons\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\PHLI\Scenery

Area.251 "FsDreamTeam Los Angeles" (Layer=251)
Path(Local/Remote)=F:\P3D Addons\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\KLAX_V2\Scenery

============================================================================
</snip>

-stefan

• 1 year later...
On 6/14/2017 at 10:58 PM, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

this error will show in a message box if you didn't read the attached MakeRwys README.pdf file. It will tell you that you have to run the MakeRwys.exe inside the FS folder, depending which FS you use (FSX/ FSX-SE/ P3D).

Thomas

I have tried this so many times, but it won't work... can anyone help me please? I am really frustrated right now. 

What do you exactly mean by ''try running it again''? If you mean by this to just start the process over, than that also does not help.

2 hours ago, noahjpn said:

I have tried this so many times, but it won't work.

Do you realise that you are posting in a thread which is 15 months old, and referring to a very old version of MakeRunways? You are lucky i spotted it!

If you are using a recent version of the program, can you give a little more information please? 

* What version of MakeRunways? (The actual version number).
* What version of flight simulator? (FS9, FSX, P3D1-3, P3D4)

* What exactly is means by "it won't work"? Is there an error message, the wrong reslut, or what?

The file named "Runways.txt", in the main sim folder, next to Makerwys.exe, will also contain useful informaation. Perhaps you could show me that, please?

ete

Hi Pete,

- I used version 4.861 of Makerunways.
- I use P3D
- The picture below it what it show when I run the file as an admin is the main folder.

Due to attachement size restrictions, I will  send the runways.txt file in the next message.

Thank you anyhow.

Schermopname (2).png

Make Runways File: Version 4.861 by Pete Dowson
Reading FS9 SCENERY.CFG ...
 CFG file being used is: "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg"

Area.001 "Default Terrain" (Layer=1)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\World

Area.002 "Default Scenery" (Layer=2)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\BASE

Area.003 "0000 Base" (Layer=3)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0000

Area.004 "0001 Base" (Layer=4)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0001

Area.005 "0002 Base" (Layer=5)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0002

Area.006 "0003 Base" (Layer=6)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0003

Area.007 "0004 Base" (Layer=7)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0004

Area.008 "0005 Base" (Layer=8)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0005

Area.009 "0006 Base" (Layer=9)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0006

Area.010 "0007 Base" (Layer=10)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0007

Area.011 "0100 Base" (Layer=11)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0100

Area.012 "0101 Base" (Layer=12)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0101

Area.013 "0102 Base" (Layer=13)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0102

Area.014 "0103 Base" (Layer=14)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0103

Area.015 "0104 Base" (Layer=15)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0104

Area.016 "0105 Base" (Layer=16)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0105

Area.017 "0106 Base" (Layer=17)
Path(Local/Remote)=Scenery\0106

I could not attach the file, so I copied and pasted it here.

Edited by noahjpn

If that is all of the Runways.txt file then you have a corrupted Scenery.cfg file. Check that. If there is more of the file I need to see the end part.

But you have not placed the LorbySceneryExport program into the P3D folder alongside MakeRwys, so ay add-on scenery will not be scanned in any case.

Please READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, especially the NOTE for Prepar3D versions 3 and 4 right there on Page 1!

Pete

Hi Pete,

There is more of the file there, but I couldn't copy all of it. However, I do have the Lorbysceneryexport.exe is in the folder as well. But when I try to run the program, a winow opens for about 0.1 sec, and then closes immidiatly. In the notepad is says: ''Use the command line to start the app''. What is meant by this?

I just found out I am not able to locate the prep3rd.exe file anywhere. I reinstalled the whole program, but with no succes. I have read the instructions, but don't understand what I am doing wrong. 

I read something about my avscanner that makes the prep3rd.exe file dissapear. I am able to run the program though, just without Proatc-X

Edited by noahjpn

21 minutes ago, noahjpn said:

I do have the Lorbysceneryexport.exe is in the folder as well. But when I try to run the program, a winow opens for about 0.1 sec, and then closes immidiatly. In the notepad is says: ''Use the command line to start the app''. What is meant by this?

The expoerter is designed to be used automatically by other programs, like makeRwys. You do not run it yourself.

The Lorby-Si "AddOnOrganizer" is the program you need to sort your add-ons out, especially scenery. That is worth getting, and it is freeware too.

23 minutes ago, noahjpn said:

I just found out I am not able to locate the prep3rd.exe file anywhere. I reinstalled the whole program, but with no succes. I have read the instructions, but don't understand what I am doing wrong. 

Ouch. It does sound like your P3D install is messed up. I think you should uninstall it properly: use the Uninstall facility in the Windows setting "Programs and Features". Scroll down , find the main P3D entry, right-click and select uninstall.

When it is completely uninstalled, try installing it again, but change its install location. Something like C:\Prepear3D would be good. Just not "Program Files" which can cause some programs all sorts of problems because of Windows protections.

Pete

Thank you so much Pete, I really appreciate it. I will give it a shot again tonight when I am home. I will let you know of the result. 

However, is it possible to run p3d even without the prep3rd.exe? Because I am able to run the program, and fly. Everything works fine, only the proactc-x part not. 

2 hours ago, noahjpn said:

However, is it possible to run p3d even without the prep3rd.exe?

No, of course not. That is the heart of P3D. But it means the registry is all screwed up, so things cannot be found where they should be.

If you look at the right-click Properties of the shortcut icon you use to run P3D you will find the path to it.

Pete

• 9 months later...

Helle Pete

Sorry for bringing that old topic back up again, but I am having the following problem.

I tried to use makerwys.exe today for the first time after updating my RAAS Pro. I placed the makerwys.exe and the lorbysceneryexport.ext into the main Lockheed Martin/Prepar3dv4 root folder. However when I start the makerwys.exe I get the error message: Failed to make all of the data files. I did run the programme as administrator and I tried 2 or 3 times with the same result.

From the manual I read that the Addon Organizer is not needed, still I installed it, but the result is the same. Any idea what I could be missing?

Kind regards

Dani

1 hour ago, Swissdani said:

However when I start the makerwys.exe I get the error message: Failed to make all of the data files. I did run the programme as administrator and I tried 2 or 3 times with the same result.

The Runways.txt file, which will certainly be there, is the log file showing everything it did. How big is that? Were any of the expected files produced?

Also: are you using version 4.801, as per the title of this thread?  If so then that will probably explain it. The current version is 4.872!

If the Runways.txt file is short enough, or you can cut and paste just the first page or so, then please show us what it says.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

The Runways.txt file, which will certainly be there, is the log file showing everything it did. How big is that? Were any of the expected files produced?

Also: are you using version 4.801, as per the title of this thread?  If so then that will probably explain it. The current version is 4.872!

If the Runways.txt file is short enough, or you can cut and paste just the first page or so, then please show us what it says.

Pete

Hello Pete

Thank you for your help.

I am using Version 4.872. Just downloaded the programme yesterday. I saw that there was a new makerwys_scenery file (or similar Name) just below the .exe file. But there was nearlly no Information inside, just a few lines of text. Something with [AREA] if I remember correctly.

I will post you the runways.txt file tomorrow or Friday, i will not make it back to my flightsim computer today.

Dani

6 minutes ago, Swissdani said:

I will post you the runways.txt file tomorrow or Friday, i will not make it back to my flightsim computer today.

I am away from early tomorrow until the following Friday (the 19th), but maybe John or others can help. But you can also try Lorby-Si support, because the MakeRunways_Scenery.CFG file is built by the Lorby-Si scenery export program, and that needs to be correct for MakeRunways to process the scenery files added via the Add-Ons.XML methods.

If you have the Lorby AddonOrganiser, run that free-standing and see if that finds all your sceneries okay. If not, then the problem is to do with your folders not found under the correct names. You haven't renamed the Prepar3D.exe file have yo? Just check that it is there is the same folder you placed MakeRunways into. I get the feeling that you are placing it into the wrong folder.

Another test: if you remove the scenery export EXE from the MakeRunways folder, then execute MakeRwys, if the folders are correct it should find all of the default scenery layers and any add-on sceneries added the old way, via Scenery.CFG.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

I am away from early tomorrow until the following Friday (the 19th), but maybe John or others can help. But you can also try Lorby-Si support, because the MakeRunways_Scenery.CFG file is built by the Lorby-Si scenery export program, and that needs to be correct for MakeRunways to process the scenery files added via the Add-Ons.XML methods.

If you have the Lorby AddonOrganiser, run that free-standing and see if that finds all your sceneries okay. If not, then the problem is to do with your folders not found under the correct names. You haven't renamed the Prepar3D.exe file have yo? Just check that it is there is the same folder you placed MakeRunways into. I get the feeling that you are placing it into the wrong folder.

Another test: if you remove the scenery export EXE from the MakeRunways folder, then execute MakeRwys, if the folders are correct it should find all of the default scenery layers and any add-on sceneries added the old way, via Scenery.CFG.

Pete

Prepar3D.exe is where it belongs in the root Folder. The same place I put the makerways.exe and the Lorby.exe as well.

Just to confirm you mean the Lorby Export.exe right? I can give that a try later this week.

Yes, the Addon Organiser finds all my sceneries.

Dani

35 minutes ago, Swissdani said:

Prepar3D.exe is where it belongs in the root Folder. The same place I put the makerways.exe and the Lorby.exe as well.

Just to confirm you mean the Lorby Export.exe right? I can give that a try later this week.

Yes, the Addon Organiser finds all my sceneries.

Well, the LorbySceneryExport program is merely a special version of that AddOnOrganizer which MakeRunways can call directly to do the same processing, -- generating the scenery list you see in AddOnOrganizer, and writing it out to the MakeRunways-chosen filename.

The same sort of export can be produced also by AddOnOrganiser (I think you just right-click and select export).

So, without being able to see the details in the log ("runways.txt"), I think you need Lorby-SI support to resolve your problem.

Pete

Hi Pete

It may take a while until you read this but I got good news today :-) It looks like there was one duplicate entry for an FSDT scenery which the AddonOrganiser could solve. After that MakeRunways worked as expected. Thank you very much for your help.

• 2 years later...