The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC / WideFS Prosim on second Computer

Hello Pete.

I would be glad to ask if I forgot something or overlooked.

New I have pretty much everything outsourced on from my flight simulator PC which we call him System PC.
The whole with WideFS 7 and the latest Fsuipc 4 version 4.968 also worked great.

Today I wanted to fly the whole test and a round.

I found a problem with my opencockpits yoke and pedals.
This I had still installed at the flight simulator PC and noticed that I could not switch off the A / T by means of the button on the Yoke. I noticed that with Prosim737 these USB cards were not recognized at all. Therefore, I have these now s.System PC appended and now these appeared then also in Prosim.
However, a new problem arose. I could not calibrate the Yoke and the pedals in the FSUIPC on my flight simulator PC because they are not recognized.

I still use the P3D v3.4 as well as Win10 for the test. If everything goes I will re-install the Main PC.

Have I overlooked something?

Thank you very much for your efforts Pete.

Best regards

Urs

P: S. I have a question about the weather radar. Since I run Prosim now on my system PC, how do I have to enter the FSUIPC.ini?

Hi,

please make sure that Opencockpits yoke and pedals are recognized as game-controller or Joysticks in Windows itself. They might not be those type of controller at all but just HID's and work with OC software only?

Also please send your FSUIPC log-file and the FSUIPC4.JoyScan.csv file from Modules folder.

Thomas

Hello,

Best thanks for your answer Thomas.

Yes the cards are recognized as USB / Jostik cards (game controller) in Win 10. There I calibrated them as well since I first thought it was because of it.
The pedals and the yoke do not need a SIOC.

But it is already possible to have this on a separate computer and calibrate this on the flight simulator in FSUIPC?

I can send you dei Files when I'm home.

Best Regards

Urs

Hello Thomas,

I have always always changed a couple of times the flight simulator PC and the system PC. Can these entries come from? I have the Yoke and the pedals over a HUB run, but has external power supply. I switched off the USB Power Management. Is it still something else that I can not assign the axes and buttons, if I have connected to the system PC?

Regards

Urs

Good Day

I have just tried again.

Unfortunately, I can not calibrate the Yoke and the pedals in the P3D via FSUIPC, since they are unfortunately not recognized there.

I also tried to connect the devices to the PC itself. This, too, did not help.

I have seen in the Wild Client.Log the one LUA missing. Can this be the reason?

I would help for help very glad, since today someone to fly.

Best regards

Urs

WideClient.log

FSUIPC4.JoyScan.csv

FSUIPC4.log

WideServer.log

48 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

I have in the P3D folder under modules only the WideServer.ini and WideServer.dll copied.

WideServer.dll is not used in P3D or FSX, it is for FS9 and before only!

For FSX and P3D WideServer is build into FSUIPC, as clearly stated in documentation.

You have to install and register FSUIPC.

WideClient, on a separate PC, does not support axis assignments, only buttons, which would then be seen in the FSUIPC options on the connected server running FSX or P3D plus FSUIPC.

Pete

Hello Pete

Excuse my mistake. I took this from a German instruction, due to my lack of English. So I must have Yoke and the pedals installed on the Main PC and the buttons via FSUIPC offeset set up in Prosim? I understand that correctly?

Thank you very much for your patience with me.

Regards

Urs

35 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

So I must have Yoke and the pedals installed on the Main PC and the buttons via FSUIPC offeset set up in Prosim? I understand that correctly?

For many devices ProSim handles them directly, so you have them connected to the PC on which you have ProSim. If you are planning on assigning things in FSUIPC, then they need to be on the FSX or P3D PC.  Interfacing to ProSim via FSUIPC offsets is not a usual way of doing things -- ProSim has assignments for most things.

I think you need to check the ProSim documentation and use the ProSim support forum for questions. May own use of ProSim is completely non-standard due to the fact that I'm using a full 737 hardware cockpit all driven via my own drivers.

Pete

Hello Pete,

In the Prosim Forum I have also created the post, but unfortunately still no answer received.

I could solve it so far, however, via offsets.

I have a question about Wetteradar function.
How do I now create the entry since Prosim runs on the nebnrechner?
I have not quite understood this yet.
So far I have used these entries:
ASNwxRadarPath = F: \ ProSim737 \ ProSim737 \ radar.bin
ASNwxRadarBitmapPath = F: \ ProSim737 \ ProSim737 \ RadarPicture.bmp
So it ran great.

But as the now look must if it runs on the system computer I unfortunately also not.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Urs

14 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

ASNwxRadarPath = F: \ ProSim737 \ ProSim737 \ radar.bin
ASNwxRadarBitmapPath = F: \ ProSim737 \ ProSim737 \ RadarPicture.bmp

You don't need the bitmap for ProSim, only the Rad.bin file.

The path to the ProSim on a different computer needs to be the path to the ProSim folder on THAT computer!  You need to SHARE that folder so that it can be seen across the network! For instance I have Prosim on a computer called EXTRAS and I shared the path as "ProSim737" so my line reads

ASNwxRadarPath=\\EXTRAS\ProSim737\radar.bin

Pete

Ohh I did not synonymous.

Thanks for the input Pete. Ahh I understand. I need to actually do the same, just add dea Computer Names.

In my case therefore:

ASNwxRadarPath =System\ F: \ ProSim737 \ ProSim737 \radar.bin

corect?

Regards

Urs

1 hour ago, Ursli80 said:

In my case therefore:

ASNwxRadarPath =System\ F: \ ProSim737 \ ProSim737 \radar.bin

corect?

No.

Is "System" the computer name, the one running ProSim? If so it should be entered as \\System

Is the whole of drive F: shared on that system? If so you have to give the shared name. It won't be F: If you shared it as F it will be F. There's no : in a shared path string at all. They are just names.

Pete

Hello Pete

Sorry the late reply. I'm just bn at the flight simulator to recreate PC with the P3D V4.

Okey, I've understood it now partly.

The PC name is Boeingsystem.
The hard disk has the letter F and has been called programs.

Then the entry looks something like this:
ASNwxRadarPath = \\Boeingsystem \ ProSim737 \ ProSim737 \ radar.bin

Correct?

Sorry.

In FSUIPC 5 you have the radar yes not integrated.

Excuse me.

Regards
Urs

The PC name is Boeingsystem.
The hard disk has the letter F and has been called programs.

Then the entry looks something like this:

Well, if the ProSim737 folder on F is shared as "ProSim737", yes, apart from unwanted spaces. But in that case why are you teling me about drive F and its name 'programs'? 

In FSUIPC 5 you have the radar yes not integrated.

Why are you saying that? It is NOT true! It was added just after ASN for P3D4 came out in a Beta release, in FSUIPC 5.101.  The current release is 5.102 and there's an update available to 5.102a.

Pete

Hmm. Now I'm crazy.

I thought here in the forum to have read that you would not integrate with FSUIPC 5 the weather radar.

Then I must have had this wrong in my head Pete.
Please excuse this many times.

Would my entry now correct?

Best regards

Urs

I thought here in the forum to have read that you would not integrate with FSUIPC 5 the weather radar

No, it was just in the "not yet available" list, awaiting Active Sky's implementation for P3D4. Then they released the Beta AS for P3D4 and I was able to update FSUIPC5 and test.

Why dont you read the documents wghich come with FSUIPC5 telling you these tings. It would save botyh of us a lot of wasted time!

Would my entry now correct?

Well, I think you should remove the spaces, as I said. And then it is perfect PROVIDING THAT the top level ProSim737 foldere is shared for writing as "ProSim737". You never confirm this.

Pete

Dear Pete,

Then I would apologize for this translation error in all form.

I have already "read" as far as this with Google Translator went. But unfortunately this works very badly.

Yes, I have now fully understood. I had to remove the spaces.
So:

ASNwxRadarPath = \\Boeingsystem\ProSim737\ProSim737\radar.bin

Best regards

Urs 

Hello Pete

I still have a problem with my weather radar. This is not for me.

I have added 2 pictures to you. One shows you my folder structure where I have prosim. This is on the next computer.

Then I took a picture of my FSUIPC entry. I abe this once boeingsystem and tested with BOEINGSYSTEM. Both unfortunately did not go.
I was in the prosim folder no radar.bin created.

I now have the P3D V4 with ASP4 on the Main PC and Prosim on the next computer.

What could be wrong?

Thank you very much for your patience.

Best regards
Urs

FSUIPC 5 5.102
WideFS and Client 6.999.4z

Ordner.PNG

FSUIPC5.PNG

2 hours ago, Ursli80 said:

I have added 2 pictures to you. One shows you my folder structure where I have prosim. This is on the next computer.

Then I took a picture of my FSUIPC entry. I abe this once boeingsystem and tested with BOEINGSYSTEM. Both unfortunately did not go.

A picture from the ProSim computer is a waste of time. You need to look at the "Network" entries on the main Sim PC, in Windows Explorer (probably the last entry).This will show the connect PCs, by name, AND the shared folders, also by name. So under "Network" you should see "Boeingsystem" and if you expand that the folder "ProSim737". If you don't see this, then you have not correctly shared that folder on that system.

Furthermore, since the file must be written to that folder, you must have shared it for writing -- i.e. "full control". Try copying a file to it as a test.

Also, of course, make sure you have Active Sky running properly on the Sim PC. That program supplies the weather radar.

All this is really a subject for ProSim support or even Microsoft support. Not FSUIPC.

Pete

Hi Urs,

1. das Verzeichnis auf dem client PC wo ProSim737 lauft muss fur das Netzwerk freigegeben sein. D.h. dieses ProSim737 Verzeichnis muss auf dem FS-PC gesehen werden wenn du im Explorer (auf FS-PC) auf Netzwerk klickst.

2. wenn das so Ok ist, klick auf den freigegebenen Ordner (ProSim737), das sollte dann alle Files und Ordner in diesem Verzeichnis zeigen.

3. wenn das so Ok ist, wie in deinem ersten bild das die taskleiste des Explorers zeigt, klicke einfach mit der maus in das feld. Die Taskleiste wird jetzt die korrekte Adresse zu diesem Ordner auf dem Client PC anzeigen und zwar komplett wie du sie benotigst fur den FSUIPC5.ini Eintrag. Du kannst die Zeile einfach kopieren, da du dich ja auf dem FS-PC befindest.

Alles andere wie Pete bereits gesagt hat, ActiveSky muss naturlich gestartet sein.

(mein KeyBoard hat keine Umlaute und ae/ue ... ist zu umstaendlich)

Thomas

Hello Thomas

Thank you for your tip with the folder release.

I had the whole drive released to read and write. However, this did not appear to be sufficient.
After I had shared the folder to read and write, it ran now problem-free.

Only crashes me now the P3D v4 after about min always off.

Best regards
and thank you
Urs