The simFlight Network Forums

The big new thing

hartleecub

Cool.  I am guessing that FeelThere has developed its own global flightsim platform that fully integrates with Tower3D, Tracon, and Tower2011.  The only downside is that the city of Atlanta is not modeled in 3D, while all other cities are ;-)  Sorry, I just could not resist.

Andrew

8 hours ago, Methos said:

I think feelThere is launching their own AIRLINE!  And first stop will be Boston to showcase and promote their upcoming KBOS release!  :D  (plug  :p )

Nice.  I heard a rumor that all aircraft will be flown exclusively by volunteer flight simmers.  That way, they do not have to pay for pilots.  Apparently, they have been in extended negotiations with the Trump administration, which has agreed to lift the "ridiculous and bureaucratic" requirement that pilot's be licensed.  This will be done in conjunction with the privatization of the air traffic control system, which will also be operated by FeelThere customers working from home and using Tower3D Pro (see the "Pro" really does mean something) as the central user interface for controlling.  Thus, FeelThere is really going to have get cracking on creating more add-on airports.

Sign me up.  It's going to be a wild ride!

Andrew

This is true!  Lol

Gona be heading ALMOST your way next month, by the way.  Little road trip to catch the eclipse in SC.  I tried to work it to hang a right over the KATL but, just doesn't fit the route we're taking.  :(  SOMEDAY I'll get over there.

~ John

Cool!  Have fun.  We won't get the totality over here,either, but it should certainly be close enough to be pretty noticeable, unless of course the weather refuses to cooperate.  Actually thought about making a quick trip over to Greenville, SC myself, but its a school day for my kid, and eclipse or not, it would not be an approved absence.  In my book they should declare it an official holiday, considering how rare it is.  I miss the good old days when school did not start until after Labor Day...

Andrew

School?  In August?  That sucks .. mine doesn't go back until the 30th and in fact she's coming with me.  Like you say, this is a rare, potentially once in a lifetime thing.  And, we're actually staying in Spartanburg .. originally tried for Columbus but EVERYTHING is sold out!  Guessing you're gona get a pretty decent show where you are just the same .. not totality but close enough.  :)

~ John

2 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Folks,

A simple question; do you guys play tabletop games? Like Monopoly, RPG, wargames.

Vic

Not really.  When family gets together we'll play Settlers of Catan.  Once in a while my wife and I will play Rummy Kub.

5 hours ago, FeelThere said:

A simple question; do you guys play tabletop games? Like Monopoly, RPG, wargames

These are all "Turn Based" games and not "Simulation" games. "Turn Based" simulation games are like playing poker against a computer.  When the cards are dealt the computer knows what you are holding and what the next card will be.

RickyJ