The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro - KJFK just became unplayable

Methos

Well like the title says .. I cannot use KJFK anymore.  I setup at 18:00 with full traffic and periodically, I would key the mic to speak and it would beep (on) and then beep (off) immediately or after I barely said anything.  At one point, it just keep beeping on and off before I could get in a word.  I will attach the entire output log but here's a snippet of what it looks like.  You can see where it stuttered - repeating, "COMMAND" over and over or cutting me off part way through the call.  I thought maybe it was my keyboard but I've used 3 different keyboards and it happens no matter what .. sometimes once here or there, other times like this, just hammers me over and over so I can't issue instructions at all. DAMNED frustrating .....

COMMAND: AAL1972 TAXI TO RAMP VIA
18:27:24 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 4R * AAL1972 =>   PARSE CMD:  TAXI TO RAMP VIA
18:27:24 * AAL1972 => ADD HISTORY: AAL1972: Negative!
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: AAL1972
COMMAND: AIR
COMMAND: AAL1972 TAXI TO RAMP VIA F B 

18:27:39 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 4R * AAL1972 =>   PARSE CMD:  TAXI TO RAMP VIA F B
18:27:39 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: T8_32 r: 4R * AAL1972 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_WAITING to STATE_TO_TERMINAL
18:27:39 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: T8_32 r: 4R * AAL1972 =>  VIA roadcut: TAXI TO RAMP VIA FOXTROT  BRAVO  
18:27:39 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: T8_32 r: 4R * AAL1972 => SAY: TAXI TO RAMP VIA FOXTROT  BRAVO   AMERICAN ONE NINER SEVEN TWO
18:27:39 * AAL1972 => ADD HISTORY: AAL1972: TAXI TO RAMP VIA F B AAL1972
18:27:39 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: T8_32 r: 4R * AAL1972 => Start calc route from: H  start idx: 21
18:27:39 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: T8_32 r: 4R * AAL1972 => Calc from: H
18:27:40 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: T6_7 r: 4R * PIL3650 => stop gate at: (5672.7, 2174.6, 0.0)   takeoffgate: null
COMMAND: 
18:27:46 alt: 6693 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 4R * ICE615 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_INCOMING to STATE_INCOMING
18:27:46 alt: 6693 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 4R * ICE615 => Activate incoming plane.
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 

18:28:00 * DAL2851 => ADD HISTORY: DAL2851:  Tower, DELTA 2851 requesting push and start.
Try open ESC menu
Open ESC menu

And when you have a situation like in the screenshots below, you can NOT afford to waste even 1 second on this crap.  (lol)  Seriously, this is a problem.

TowerView.png

ADIRS.png

output_log.txt

Thanks Kev .. I'll try that next time.  Question: are you saying just hitting the clear button or with the intent of clearing what's in the command panel?  Cause mine will do it with nothing in there.  Weird .. it'll do it over and over, just clickity clickity and then it'll be fine for 10 minutes, no worries.  Then, it'll start again.  I was thinking maybe it's more prone to occur when traffic is higher but that doesn't seem to be the case.

~ John

John,

Most times that I have seen the problem, there is an A/C in the control panel. I will have a closer look next time.

It does need looking at by Feelthere. Obviously more players are seeing this problem that first thought.

Kev M 

Sure seems like it .. at first I wasn't going to mention it because I thought it was my keyboard.  It's really like they key is broken and you're making intermittent contact.  But after it happened on 2 different keyboards and then buying one SPECIFICALLY because of the feel of the keys (got one with less "wiggle" in keypresses) .. yeah, don't think it's my keyboard anymore.  :)  And again, referring to the section of the log file I posted, you can see the multiple calls to key the mic ("Command") right as I was experiencing clickity click.  I'll post a short clip of it happening for those who haven't experienced it.

also a victim,

after about 45mins to an our of smooth running things start to breakdown, first frame rate, time slows to about 2-3 seconds to every one second of game play and unresponsive speach (same as clip posted), only happens and JFK that I have noticed. to the point I dont bother playing there anymore. sad as it's my fav of the airports.

Gareth

Me too Gareth!  It's a controller's nightmare but great fun if you love sorting things out and keeping a good even flow going overall.  And thanks for pointing out the slowdowns.  I've also had visual slowdowns, though it's odd .. mine tend to come and go.  Like after 20-30 minutes, scrolling from one plane to another is at about 2-3 FPS and like stop-motion.  But then it'll sort itself out and you're back to normal.  I had thought maybe it was Bandicam but same thing happens when not recording.  And my PC is no slouch: AMD 8350 (black edition Vishera) cpu at 4.0 GHz, 8 GB Corsair and HD6900 2 GB video.  Any pc that can handle FSX with all the sliders up is no slouch so, something must be up here.  And now that I'm hearing it's not just me, maybe I won't take a screwdriver to the case just yet.  :p

You all got me really curious and excited and now i'm so disappointed: I can't replicate this in any shape or form ;-))

Started at 18:00 which started me at 17:46. I ended the session 1 hour and 27 minutes later with 63 arrivals/departures handled and another 20 or so taxiing to and from the runway..

No slowdowns in the voice controlling and certainly no clickity click .... Minor slowdown when panning from 13r/31l to 13l/31r or back in one fast swoop with a lot of planes in operation at that time but that's absolutely it.

This means it is not a hardcoded bug that happens to everyone but more likely an optimization issue, I think.

I do have a highend system which will surely help but your symptoms are so severe that that can not account for the big difference in gameplay... One of the things that really differ in our systems that may hold you back a little is the videomemory and the amount of main memory.. I have 16GB ddr4 3333mhz main memory and a GTX1080 with 8GB so I can handle some minor optimization hickups so to say... -)

Hope Feelthere can filter a solution from all data we provide because JFK is a hell of a lot of fun..

Grtz

Willem

Well that's the thing . it doesn't seem to be a consistent issue.  I can sometimes go hours with no clicks and no slowdowns .. other times, it happens every 10 minutes or so, clears up by itself.  And it also doesn't SEEM to be when traffic is higher or lower.  Really strange.  I would have been interested to see if it was caused when you reach a certain number of aircraft at the same time, but nope, doesn't seem to be the case.  Personally, I can deal with the slowdowns because I'm about 95% glued to the ADIRS anyway and it tends to work itself out.  The clicky stuff though gets to be a real pain.

~ John

It's only recently this has started happening for me, maybe the last month or so. The last update i installed was T3DPro SP3, and then reinstalled all the addons, Traffic, Color, KJFK, and KJFK Color.

I can say for sure, with the same traffic and colour set up this was not an issue when I first purchased JFK, I would play 3-4 hours no problems. Now I cant get though an hour and I have everything set to minimum in the settings panel to try help.

On a side note, I have a Cargo gate at the 13R end of the airport that aircraft wont pushback from, they will accept the instruction but wont move, I guess if it's like T2011 set up possibly a taxiway joining knot is missing?

And on the North side of T2 (south side of T1), aircraft will push back fine, then after accepting taxi instructions will do 2-3 pushback/loops before they find the exit taxiway, funny to watch but when sequencing can slow the flow down waiting for the pilot to find his bearings.

Still enjoying LAX though, no complaints there!

YES!  Lol  Yes, I've had the same thing!  Had a Fedex down the end, gave pushback instructions and 5-10 minutes later, checked because they never called for taxi.  Still sitting there.  (Must be Lan Super Tug blocking traffic again :p )  And yeah, had an Air France 777 push out of T1 and I held a pair of Delta's heading down to 13R so they could taxi out and they were doing a pirouette in the alley!  I also had a Delta flight push off T2 and do the same.

First chance I get, I'm gona remove all T3DP files and reinstall the original download file, then KJRK, Real Traffic and Real Color KJFK and see if the issues are still there.  I didn't get KJFK until after SP3 so maybe there's a conflict somewhere in between updates that we can nail down.

~ John

Yes, you use the same link as the original download.  I made the mistake of deleting it once I downloaded the initial file but if you email them with your contact/payment info, they will resend it.  

~ John

Well, don't know if they take me for the prodigal son but it seems i've used up my part of the estate and am now only eligible for the SP2 and no more ;-)

Only SP3 I can find is Real Traffic but the dl-link from bmtmicro for T3DPro(valid indefinitely) gives me Tower3DProSP2_installer.exe .....

Maybe Vic can help clear this up ??

Grtz

Willem

I have the clickety issue as well. Originally it only happened at KJFK, but now also happens at LAX (D:) and SAN.

The reverse pirouettes thing I see almost continuously at KSAN (specifically the default SWA gates), to the point where there are certain gates I know I have to stop the entire traffic flow for it or just wait until everyone is past, because they will gladly back up through stopped aircraft causing me a collision. (It only collides with active aircraft, not parked ones. It will also gladly clip through the terminals.) I've also had aircraft just get stuck when an A332 parked at one of the diagonal gates in LAX. even though it went inactive once parked, an SWA and DAL got stuck on taxiway D waiting for it to tuck in it's butt :P.

Considering the way pathing works at the bottom of KSAN where it'll say yea I'm going around the loop (Taxiway X) and then do a 180 and go nose to nose with another plane also going around the loop, is there anyway to giver a command to turn these guys around in place?

Also has anyone watching an up close takeoff notice around 50 knots or so the aircraft often just jarringly stop dead (despite their speed showing as increasing) and then just suddenly start moving again?

5 hours ago, LukaRam said:

Considering the way pathing works at the bottom of KSAN where it'll say yea I'm going around the loop (Taxiway X) and then do a 180 and go nose to nose with another plane also going around the loop, is there anyway to giver a command to turn these guys around in place?

Ground: "Tug 5 proceed to taxiway X to unscrew a screwup"  Beyond that, I got nothing.  :p

As for the log file, I thought that's what I attached.  Tower3D.bat generates something different?  And do we run that "during" the issue or after shutting down?

I just reviewed the log file that was already there and uploaded thinking that was it - you see the repetitive commands indicating something going on.and figured that would she some light on it.  Please let us know exactly when to run that bat file and I'll attach it here.  Thanks!

~ John

Please launch the game by using the bat file instead of the exe. It will then generate the log file. Once the problem happens stop the game (please do not launch it as it will overwrite the log) and send us the log file. Our support will be closed until Aug 1st but once we come back we will look into and try to solve it.

Vic