The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 65A2 777 PMDG and 5.103g

Unfortunetely I haven't 777 so I can't do any test with this kind of product. But I have 747 and also in this case I read Always 0. ( Sure I have enabled the SDK flag into PMDG ini file for both Aircraft version )

All is Ok using P3D V3 version.

In the attachment the log file generated with 747. Hope PMDG team will answer you soon

Paolo

FSUIPC5.log

23 minutes ago, CPF_Paolo said:

Unfortunetely I haven't 777 so I can't do any test with this kind of product.

That's okay. It has been confirmed as okay (see earlier in this thread).

24 minutes ago, CPF_Paolo said:

ut I have 747 and also in this case I read Always 0. ( Sure I have enabled the SDK flag into PMDG ini file for both Aircraft version )

That is very odd indeed. I don't see how the 777 is okay but not the other two. the code is identical, except fron the exteas like the three 747 CDUs, and of course the IDs, which are most vertainly the same as they were for P3Dv3.

I can't really do anything else about this at present.

28 minutes ago, CPF_Paolo said:

ope PMDG team will answer you soon

I'll chase them if I don't get a reply soon.

Pete

Hi Pete, addfitional information. I tried to access directly to PMDG DATA using a my dll without FSUIPC and also in this case I read always 0 for all  PMDG values. So seem like that  PMDG ignore the flag

[SDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

Like you can see into the ini file is correctly configured to 1

So, after this double check using your an my dll, I'm enough sure that there some issue on PMDG to manage the SDK.

Using the SDK to write data there is no problem, I can drive knobs value and pushbutton toggle ( both on 737 and 747 ) , the only problem is to read data.

Paolo

737NGX_Options.ini

2 hours ago, CPF_Paolo said:

I tried to access directly to PMDG DATA using a my dll without FSUIPC and also in this case I read always 0 for all  PMDG values. So seem like that  PMDG ignore the flag

[SDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

Like you can see into the ini file is correctly configured to 1

Can you report it to PMDG please?

I now have test licences for all three aircraft, so I will check here now and also report to PMDG.

I assume this is only for P3Dv4? The P3Dv3 version works okay still, I hope?

Pete

1 hour ago, CPF_Paolo said:

If you see something with your test license please advise me asap.

Well, there's something wrong here.  I've installed the 737, 747 and 777, for P3D3 and P3D4, and .... nothing in any of them work, in P3D3 or P3D4. The mouse pointer does not change at all when moved over any of the switches. There's no way I can find to get the electrics on (battery and so on), so I'm not sure whether all the zeroes I get (both for P3D3 and P3D4) are correct or not.

It looks like the PMDG code uses the external (IPC protocol) connection to SimConnect.  I know this doesn't work on my development PC (I would need to reinstall windows upwards to fix it). FSUIPC uses the fast internal "pipe" so works in any case. I think I proved this difference with the PMSG aircraft by disabling the Simonnect options (in its XML file) except for the Auto" one, which uses Pipes internaly.

I'll have to instal the aircraft on a different PC to test the offset data. I might not get to this for a few days now, but I'll make a start today, perhaps with just one aircraft.

Pete

On my side using the mouse works. And I can also drive the data writing the value usimg the SDK, but read is not possible.... Is strange, I'm a bit lost.
I asked some tip to PMDG team and I'm waiting an answer. Asap I'll obtain some info I'll share with  you

Paolo

43 minutes ago, CPF_Paolo said:

On my side using the mouse works. And I can also drive the data writing the value usimg the SDK, but read is not possible.... Is strange, I'm a bit lost.

It souds like they've broken the Client Data facility n their aircraft which FSUIPC uses to populate the clients. The facilities for "custom controls" aren't related to that.

But then, earlier, how come you got 65A2 doing what you want? Is that no longer the case as well?

Have you still got an older version of FSUIPC?  According to Nervures, in an earlier message, the 777 ones worked in 5.103e. At present I'm still unable to test here but there's no point in me trying if the latest PMDG updates have messed the Client Data facility up.  If you can't find 5.103e please send me an email on petedowson@btconnect.com, as I could do with verification of Nervures assertion.

(Something is very wrong on my normal test and development PC. since my last message all loads for any of the aircraft, whether on P3D3 or P3D4 simple cause P3D to hang solid with a black screen.  I'll have to wait till I can test on another PC.)

Pete

26 minutes ago, Nervures said:

Are you just pointing out that the P3D4 bug stopping Client Data working properly was not fixed till the HotFix?

If so, and you noticed CPF_PAOLO was not up to date, then well done. I should have noticed that.

Maybe I will go ahead and test on the other PC after all. (But not till next week now -- busy tomorrow, hospital appointment, then off to my daughter's in Plymouth for the weekend).

Pete

11 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Are you just pointing out that the P3D4 bug stopping Client Data working properly was not fixed till the HotFix?

No but since the release of P3D4 there are so many updates ( GSX FSUIPC EZCA LINDA P3D ) that when a simmer reports an issue the first thing to do is to check the updates. Maybe the HotFix will fix this issue ?

rsrandazzo (pmdg) says: You must uninstall the 777 before reinstalling it. Maybe a bad install ?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/515035-current-best-practice-when-updatingreinstalling-pmdg-aircraft/#comment-366847

For the 777 offset 65A2 which remained at 0 version 5.103b only supports the offsets for the 747.  You have released the 5.103e that works for me.

Then 5.103.g doesn't work with my LUA script. You have released the 5.103j that works for me. Why ? I don't know.

I try to help you as far as I can.

Francis.

42 minutes ago, Nervures said:

rsrandazzo (pmdg) says: You must uninstall the 777 before reinstalling it. Maybe a bad install ?

In my case I had no PMDG 777 previously installed, but it could well apply to the PMDG 747, which was just "repaired" by the latest download.

Pete

Hi, I have the version  4.0.23.21468, now I'll install the version = 4.0.28.21686 and I'll verify if change something. I need some time to download and reinstall all. After that I hope to have some improvement.

I'll check using both fsuipc and my dedicated driver to access  directly to PMDG data using the PMDG SDK.

Asap I get some new I'll let you know.

Paolo 

Hi Pete,

I have installed the new version of P3Dv4 ( version 4.0.28.21686 ).  I have overwritten the existing without uninstall the previous version. I haven't uninstalled neither PMDG and other add-on already installed with the previous version. So PMDG, FSUIPC and my driver was the same.

I run P3D and I have register again, load PMDG flight and run my driver that use both PMDG that my private dll for direct access to PMDG SDK and.. all works now perfectly like on the previous P3D ( V1,2, and 3 version ). 

So seem a P3Dv4 bug that now is fixed. I'll do some test with 747 too but I expect that will works correctly

Thanke Pete for your effort.

Paolo