The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5 not showing in menu despite being in dll.xml

I have a strange problem with FSUIPC5 (latest version, registered): Despite being listed in the dll.xml, it doesn't show up in the menu when I start P3D V4. And my mpanel from VRInsight states that FSUIPC is missing.

I deleted the content of the modules folder as far as it concerned FSUIPC then.

When I try to reinstall it, this process is vers short and it doesn't bring up the dialog for the serial anymore, and when I check the registry for FSUIPC5 (key), there is none.

I attached the install log from the desktop, where I started the install.

How could I do a fresh install now and reenter the key? Or how do I get FSUIPC shown in P3D V4 again?

FSUIPC5 Install.log

Additional info: I just noticed that everything is installed as 0 bytes!?

So it seems I just need an extracted FSUIPC5.dll to be good to go - where might I get one?

3 hours ago, darem said:

How could I do a fresh install now and reenter the key? Or how do I get FSUIPC shown in P3D V4 again?

Did you delete your KEY file?

There's never a need to delete anything when installing an update.

3 hours ago, darem said:

Additional info: I just noticed that everything is installed as 0 bytes!?

That's crazy! I don't know how that is possible.

Unfortunately you seem to have cut the top off the Install log -- the title and registry paths are missing. What version are you trying to install (saying "latest version" doesn't really help).

There is a special trest install, with a small cvhange in the order of the Registry checks. Try:

Install_FSUIPC5103g.zip

3 hours ago, darem said:

it seems I just need an extracted FSUIPC5.dll to be good to go - where might I get one?

The Download Links subforum often has interim updates which are just a ZIP containing the DLL and a changes note. It is always worth perusing that sub-forum. there are lots of useful things there as well as updates for FSUIPC.

Pete

Pete, thank you for the answer. The latest version refered to 5.103.

Actually, the install.log I sent you wasn't truncated, I just took it as it was.

The new build (g) worked perfectly now.

Before that, I was able to solve my problem by a FSUIPC5.dll (5.103) from a friend I just copied into the modules folder.

Whatever you changed in the last build, fixed my problem.