The simFlight Network Forums

KPHL 26 traffic

amif2000

Amit

it is not a bug. If you set a runway as the default   runway then all traffic will try to land on that runway. Runway 26 at kphl  is only 5000ft. To short for most aircraft. Set runway 27L or 27R as the default runway, then send suitable traffic (cessna etc.) to Rwy26.

Hope this helps 

Kev M

Hi Kev,

I probably wasn't clear enough. I've got 26 turned on but also have 17 and 27R on. Still traffic that should go to the other RWYs ends up going to 26. It's not really a minus - it makes the sim more interesting but I doubt that in real life ARRIVAL will assign the wrong RWY to an aircraft.

Amit

Amit'

Your right, a tracon controller  (arrival in my part of world) would normally send an A/C to a runway suitable of its operation (length etc.). FeelThere Tower does not have that function and randomly sends A/C to the specified active runways. What I do at airports like KPHL that have short runways not suitable for all traffic is to activate one or more runways that will take all  A/C and manually vector the smaller types to the shorter runway. That way you can control what operates on the short runways. KBOS is another example (in Tower2011) with Runways 15L,33R & 14,32 being short.

It adds to the game. Another interesting thing is if you have a slow A/C arriving in front of a jet on the same runway, the jet can easily run into the back of the slow A/C if you are not careful.

All good fun

Kev M