The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc provided MyDisplay.lua doesn't work

The FSUIPC-included MyDisplay.lua doesn't work. In the Manuals i can't find the Reason for that Malfunction. So i attached the My.Display.log 

In the Fsuipc Menu, i assigned this Lua to a Joystick Button. When starting it, right on Line 2 the Error occurs stating attempt to index global 'display' (a nil value)

Could you please take a look in it and hopeful provide a Solution. Thank you. 

Joachim

MyDisplay.log

32 minutes ago, Airbuspilot said:

The FSUIPC-included MyDisplay.lua doesn't work. In the Manuals i can't find the Reason for that Malfunction. So i attached the My.Display.log 

In the Fsuipc Menu, i assigned this Lua to a Joystick Button. When starting it, right on Line 2 the Error occurs stating attempt to index global 'display' (a nil value)

The display library is for Wideclient loaded Lua, not FSUIPC. The FSUIPC display facility is ipc.display and the example for that is "display vals.lua". The fact that MyDisplay.lua is for WideClient only is clearly stated in the list of Lua examples provided, in the Lua plug-ins documentation!

Pete

okay, so i misunderstand the Difference between the Display Library and the Command ipc.Display.

Is there a Chance for me, to Display a Text that was sizeable to a bigger Font? in ipc.display i just found a Text Colour Option. I don't have WideClient.

Joachim

51 minutes ago, Airbuspilot said:

okay, so i misunderstand the Difference between the Display Library and the Command ipc.Display.

Is there a Chance for me, to Display a Text that was sizeable to a bigger Font? in ipc.display i just found a Text Colour Option. I don't have WideClient.

Joachim

It uses SimConnect facilities which don't give many options I'm afraid. Certainly not font type or size.

You can run Wideclient alongside FS/P3D -- just change the ClassInstance to 1 or more in its INI. Then use the display library. Of course that does mean having a WideFS registration.

Pete

16 minutes ago, Airbuspilot said:

WideClient sounds like networked PCs? So, i need a License and of Course a second PC?

You would need a registration, yes, but you wouldn't need to have a second PC to have the client part (WideClient) running on the same PC as your sim. However, if you don't already have WideFS then it wouldn't be worth buying it just for bigger fonts in an FS window.

The font size from ipc.display is the same as that used in all FS windows, and I think menus and dialogues, and it is set by the system font size in Windows, which of course you can make bigger -- but then it affects everything.

Pete

15 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Sorry, SimMarket have an exclusive arrangement with me..

Had a look this Morning. You are right. 28.56€ for a bigger Text in FS-Windows isn't worth that much Money. The Update Price of 14.28€ i would pay for it. Unfortunately i had no previous Version of WideFS.

Joachim