The simFlight Network Forums

SPEECH ISSUES

FeelThere_Vic

Hi EliGrim,

I have had RL issues to address for about a year which prevented me from being able to troubleshoot the issue any further which is why I left the original thread and considered Tower3D to be temporarily unusable.  I was hoping that eventually a service pack would fix the issue anyway.  I  came back today to revisit Tower3D and unfortunately I learnt the latest version still sufferers from the issue with taxi via not working.     

I have tried different speech paces and as part of switching over to the latest version done a complete reinstall.  The speech is set to the US language pack (required already by multiple software's such as FS2crew )  Speech is trained and using a USB headset in a quiet room.  There is no Antivirus that could be interfering.  I must stress that the recognition is working.   I have a quality headset and use it often for speech recognition.  It is just this ONE command that has NEVER worked.  Not even one single time.   All commands work perfectly fine accept "via".  I have already tried modifying tower3d.rec to replace "via" with other words to make them easier for the system to recognize (even using silly ones just to be as easy as possible to recognize) .  No matter what word I use to replace "via" that word them become unrecognizable by the system.  

I think part of the problem here is a bit of a confirmation bias to tend to believe the system is not recognizing speech.  What I have learnt is that there is something not really speech related which is preventing the speech recognition inserting the taxi via command into the software.  I dont believe it is related to audio quality because I know from other softwares and from years of use that recognition is very reliable.  The problem is I dont know enough about how this software interfaces with the recognition software to be able to troubleshoot further.  Only feelthere know that.  Which is why I need their help.  Either they or someone else who has had the same issue and been able to fix it.  

Kind regards

JB

It surely is a weird issue since the via command works fine for me and other users. The log files would probably be the first source to check. I don't know exactly how many posts it takes until the forum allows 4.88 MB uploads. If it is not yet available to you and you can't post the log files in the forum yet, I would contact FeelThere directly. I hope the problem can be solved.

You can delete the speech.log file and it will recreate itself so you can have a much smaller file to post.  Also posting your  ... tower3d_Data\output_log.txt file will provide some clues. These files along with the EXACT command you are issuing will help immensely.

It still wont allow me to post the file due to the size limitations.  Even after only one short session the file gets over 100k. Looking at the file I can see some mention of the commands towards the bottom.  The blank commands are where the taxiway instructions should be.  Basically I gave a pushback clearence to Max8541 and then tried 4 times to give a taxiway clearance ( 1. MAX8541 Runway 28 taxi via alpha (two attempts)  / 2. Max 8541 Runway 28 at alpha via alpha (one attempt)  followed by eventually giving the single clearance "MAX8541 runway 28"  which always works because there are no taxiways mentioned but of course isn't realistic.

Hopefully there will be something obvious that I have overlooked...

start speech!
Record error state: False
speech db lengths: 8286 / 27 / 88 / 1911 / 2564
speech airplanes: MAX8541;MAGIC EIGHT FIVE FOUR ONE|DEN868;DENALI EIGHT SIX EIGHT|TAB196;LESLIE ONE NINER SIX|BLA3528;LAKES THREE FIVE TWO EIGHT|MAX8201;MAGIC EIGHT TWO ZERO ONE|VAL1174;VALUE ONE ONE SEVEN FOUR|FRT1632;FIELD AIR ONE SIX THREE TWO|N003FT;ZERO THREE FOX TANGO|TAB676;LESLIE SIX SEVEN SIX|TAB803;LESLIE EIGHT ZERO THREE|FRT4809;FIELD AIR FOUR EIGHT ZERO NINER|FRT2215;FIELD AIR TWO TWO ONE FIVE|N1219U;ONE TWO ONE NINE UNIFORM|VAL1182;VALUE ONE ONE EIGHT TWO|N151CA;ONE FIVE ONE CHARLIE ALPHA|N224QS;TWO TWO FOUR QUEBEC SIERRA|N842FT;EIGHT FOUR TWO FOX TANGO|N450PC;FOUR FIVE ZERO PAPA CHARLIE|N151PR;One FIVE ONE PAPA ROMEO|N664QS;SIX SIX FOUR QUEBEC SIERRA|N370QS;THREE SEVEN QUEBEC SIERRA|DEN1561;DENALI ONE FIVE SIX ONE|DEN1610;DENALI ONE SIX ONE ZERO|TAB867;LESLIE EIGHT SIX SEVEN|TAB808;LESLIE EIGHT ZERO EIGHT|TAB661;LESLIE SIX SIX ONE|TAB1391;LESLIE ONE THREE NINER ONE|N860QS;EIGHT SIX ZERO QUEBEC SIERRA|FRT807;FIELD AIR EIGHT ZERO SEVEN|FRT804;FIELD AIR EIGHT ZERO FOUR|TAB868;LESLIE EIGHT SIX EIGHT|FRT212;FIELD AIR TWO ONE TWO|FRT1614;FIELD AIR ONE SIX ONE FOUR|TAB2421;LESLIE TWO FOUR TWO ONE|DEN1040;DENALI ONE ZERO FOUR ZERO|DEN1289;DENALI ONE TWO EIGHT NINER|N761FT;SEVEN SIX ONE FOX TANGO|BLA3593;LAKES THREE FIVE NINER THREE|VAL1177;VALUE ONE ONE SEVEN SEVEN|VAL1186;VALUE ONE ONE EIGHT SIX|VAL1181;VALUE ONE ONE EIGHT ONE|VAL1194;VALUE ONE ONE NINER FOUR|DEN825;DENALI EIGHT TWO FIVE|DEN876;DENALI EIGHT SEVEN SIX|VAL1189;VALUE ONE ONE EIGHT NINER|VAL2110;VALUE TWO ONE ONE ZERO|FRT1615;FIELD AIR ONE SIX ONE FIVE|FRT1635;FIELD AIR ONE SIX THREE FIVE|BLA3592;LAKES THREE FIVE NINER TWO|MAX8751;MAGIC EIGHT SEVEN FIVE ONE|N136LR;ONE THREE SIX LIMA ROMEO|BTV6939;WHITE SAND SIX NINER THREE NINER|BTV329;WHITE SAND THREE TWO NINER|MAX8291;MAGIC EIGHT TWO NINER ONE|N24461;TWO FOUR FOUR SIX ONE|MAX1028;MAGIC ONE ZERO TWO EIGHT|TAB2379;LESLIE TWO THREE SEVEN NINER|N101UD;ONE ZERO ONE UNIFORM DELTA|
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
13:55:06 * MAX8541 => ADD HISTORY: MAX8541: Saint Thomas Tower, MAGIC 8541 requesting push and start.
13:55:06 alt: 6693 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 28 * DEN1561 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_INCOMING to STATE_INCOMING
13:55:06 alt: 6693 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER r: 28 * DEN1561 => Activate incoming plane.
SPEAK: Start speak plugin

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

RunwayToggled: 28
Clear allowed runways
Add allowed runway: 28
COMMAND: MAX8541 PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 28
13:55:17 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_GROUND t: T8_1_IN * MAX8541 =>   PARSE CMD:  PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 28
13:55:17 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND t: T8_1_IN r: 28 * MAX8541 => GROUND,  roadcut: GROUND,  TWO EIGHT  PUSHBACK APPROVED. 
13:55:17 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND t: T8_1_IN r: 28 * MAX8541 => SAY: GROUND,  TWO EIGHT  PUSHBACK APPROVED.  MAGIC EIGHT FIVE FOUR ONE
13:55:17 * MAX8541 => ADD HISTORY: MAX8541: GROUND,  28 PUSHBACK APPROVED. MAX8541
13:55:17 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND t: T8_1_IN r: 28 * MAX8541 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_WAITING to STATE_TO_RUNWAY
13:55:17 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 => Start calc route from: T8_1_IN  start idx: 29
13:55:17 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 => Calc from: T8_1_IN
13:55:17 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 => Route is: T8_1_IN, A,   calculate time: 0.001367569s  highest count: 11
13:55:17 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 => Add trash
13:55:36 * DEN1561 => ADD HISTORY: DEN1561: Saint Thomas Tower, DENALI 1561 with you Runway 28.
13:55:46 * MAX8541 => ADD HISTORY: MAX8541: Saint Thomas Ground, MAGIC 8541 ready to taxi.
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: 
COMMAND: MAX8541 RUNWAY 28 AT A
13:56:16 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 =>   PARSE CMD:  RUNWAY 28 AT A
13:56:16 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 => RUNWAY roadcut: RUNWAY TWO EIGHT  AT A 
13:56:16 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 =>  AT  roadcut: RUNWAY TWO EIGHT  AT ALFA  
13:56:16 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 => SAY: RUNWAY TWO EIGHT  AT ALFA   MAGIC EIGHT FIVE FOUR ONE
13:56:16 * MAX8541 => ADD HISTORY: MAX8541: RUNWAY 28 AT A MAX8541
13:56:16 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_TO_RUNWAY to STATE_TO_RUNWAY
13:56:16 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 => Start calc route from: A  start idx: 10
13:56:16 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 => Calc from: A
13:56:16 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 => Route is: A,   calculate time: 4.577637E-05s  highest count: 18
13:56:16 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 28 * MAX8541 => Add trash
Try open ESC menu
Open ESC menu
Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 15.478198 ms

Unloading 982 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 3744.
Total: 21.594776 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.281107 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.215523 ms MarkObjects: 12.218283 ms  DeleteObjects: 8.879375 ms)

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

Unloading 6 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 3729.
Total: 12.887040 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.114588 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.096790 ms MarkObjects: 12.655669 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.019260 ms)

Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 1.530607 ms
Menu Airport Awake
ASM: get all paths from: ./Extensions/Airfields/

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

OnEnable!!!!!
Runways found: 18
OnEnable!!!!!
Runways found: 18

Unloading 3 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 6605.
Total: 13.729386 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.184560 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.078992 ms MarkObjects: 13.441696 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.023892 ms)

BUILD VERSION: v1.2.78.1044ns SP3.3c
start speech!
Record error state: False
SPEAK: Start speak plugin

{"success":true,"data":[]}

• 2 months later...

Okay, I would like to make a post to help others that may have a similar problem to me.

I have the ASUS Zephyrus M GM501GS laptop. I was having issues for the longest time trying to get the speech recognition to work in the game after taking all of the steps that are suggested in this forum. After a lot of playing around with my laptop programs, I realized that the ASUS Sonic Studio was interfering with the game's ability to pick up audio coming from the microphone. If you have a similar ASUS gaming laptop or desktop, you may have the same issues as me. Here are the steps I took to fix my issue, it was very easy:

- Open Task Manager

- Go to the "Startup" tab along the top

- Find the program titled "Sonic Suite 3"

- Click it and press "Disable" on the bottom right

- Restart your device, and voila, the in-game voice recognition should now be working!

Just make sure you remember that you have that program disabled upon startup so you'll have to re-enable it or start it manually if you want to use it in the future.

Hopefully, this can help you, good luck! 😁

2 hours ago, -Ian- said:

Okay, I would like to make a post to help others that may have a similar problem to me.

I have the ASUS Zephyrus M GM501GS laptop. I was having issues for the longest time trying to get the speech recognition to work in the game after taking all of the steps that are suggested in this forum. After a lot of playing around with my laptop programs, I realized that the ASUS Sonic Studio was interfering with the game's ability to pick up audio coming from the microphone. If you have a similar ASUS gaming laptop or desktop, you may have the same issues as me. Here are the steps I took to fix my issue, it was very easy:

- Open Task Manager

- Go to the "Startup" tab along the top

- Find the program titled "Sonic Suite 3"

- Click it and press "Disable" on the bottom right

- Restart your device, and voila, the in-game voice recognition should now be working!

Just make sure you remember that you have that program disabled upon startup so you'll have to re-enable it or start it manually if you want to use it in the future.

Hopefully, this can help you, good luck! 😁

But the issue here is completely different

the issue being described here is one where MS Windows can understand things perfectly but the game cannot even when the same phrase is used outside and inside the game the game will not be able to comprehend it

41 minutes ago, Someguythere said:

But the issue here is completely different

the issue being described here is one where MS Windows can understand things perfectly but the game cannot even when the same phrase is used outside and inside the game the game will not be able to comprehend it

As far as I was aware, this was a thread for general Speech Recognition problems with the game.

Although this fix might not help you, I posted it here to help others who may have a similar issue to me, sorry that your issue is still unsolved.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

So a new development recently and it's driving me absolutely mad.  More often than not when I issue the command, "Hold short..." it recognizes "Change to", so a "Hold short of Runway 22R" for a taxing craft comes up as "Change to Runway 22R", which the pilot chokes on & comes back with "Say Again".  

I'm a very clear speaker (hell, I spent 5 years working in radio, so it's not like I'm slurring, mumbling, or anything).  So there's no reason that 2 commands that don't even sound close to each other are coming up.

Any ideas, y'all?

On 7/11/2019 at 12:13 PM, -Ian- said:

As far as I was aware, this was a thread for general Speech Recognition problems with the game.

Although this fix might not help you, I posted it here to help others who may have a similar issue to me, sorry that your issue is still unsolved.

But why would you post a solution to a different problem. This thread is about a very specific problem where windows can understand things completely but the game cannot

its not about video drivers or about supported hardware or about the best microphone to use.

we’re looking for help with this very specific documented issue

18 hours ago, GoalieMedic said:

So a new development recently and it's driving me absolutely mad.  More often than not when I issue the command, "Hold short..." it recognizes "Change to", so a "Hold short of Runway 22R" for a taxing craft comes up as "Change to Runway 22R", which the pilot chokes on & comes back with "Say Again".  

I'm a very clear speaker (hell, I spent 5 years working in radio, so it's not like I'm slurring, mumbling, or anything).  So there's no reason that 2 commands that don't even sound close to each other are coming up.

Any ideas, y'all?

When you do voice recognition outside the game does it understand the command correctly 

1 hour ago, Someguythere said:

But why would you post a solution to a different problem. This thread is about a very specific problem where windows can understand things completely but the game cannot

its not about video drivers or about supported hardware or about the best microphone to use.

we’re looking for help with this very specific documented issue

You should really read the first post in this thread:

"The forum is getting a bit out of hand, people opening new and new topics for speech.
From now we will use this single topics to discuss speech and all other will be locked and directed to this one."

So that means it covers all speech related issues, not just a very specific documented issue. 

19 hours ago, Someguythere said:

When you do voice recognition outside the game does it understand the command correctly 

Yes, it does.  That's the odd thing.  And I'm using an extremely high-end mic.  Even just saying the word "Hold" brings up "Change".  

I rarely ever use the command "Change" to move someone to another runway.  I'll vector them back around if I don't like what approach they're on.  To that end, is there a way to completely disable "Change" from being recognized?  I see the config file with the commands in it, but seems like a lot in there I'm not willing to blindly start changing or deleting.

3 hours ago, GoalieMedic said:

Yes, it does.  That's the odd thing.  And I'm using an extremely high-end mic.  Even just saying the word "Hold" brings up "Change".  

I rarely ever use the command "Change" to move someone to another runway.  I'll vector them back around if I don't like what approach they're on.  To that end, is there a way to completely disable "Change" from being recognized?  I see the config file with the commands in it, but seems like a lot in there I'm not willing to blindly start changing or deleting.

This is the problems I had.  Windows understands me precisely but the game chooses completely different words

I had a similar problem  (system misunderstood what I said.) a while ago after a new computer with a different realtek audio Manager.

In frustration I was shouting at the screen to be understood.  It turned out to be that the mic input  volume was too High. When I spoke softly, whoa, it understood every command.

This might be your problem, Try speaking softly and see if this fixes it or reduce the mic input level.

Kev M

• 2 weeks later...

As an aside, I also found that mic quality (I guess in retrospect, this is obvious) plays a role.  I had several instances of frustration with speech recognition especially if background noise in the house was high.  I wound up purchasing a $30 Fifine mic off of Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Condenser-Recording-Streaming-669B/dp/B06XCKGLTP) that's sort of "entry streaming/podcasting" (or described as such anyway).  I've seen a noticeable difference in the quality of speech recognition by simply changing up my mic situation.

My old mic wasn't bad - I played games with my kids (and we use in-game or discord audio to communicate) and it has never been a problem.  That said it was apparently just bad enough that it was causing some issues with speech recognition (I kind of wonder if I was also getting audio bleed from the headphones...).  Either way, if you have $30 to spare for trying out a different microphone setup, I'd consider that.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

A fix i have found after lots of trying other things wih regards to lack of speech recognition in Tower3D, if you have a Realtek sound chip, delete the realtek drivers and use the MS drivers. On Win 10, probably same procedure for other systems, go to the add and remove programs or it might be called something like programs and features in the control panel and delete the Realtek driver from there. Reboot and the system should default back to the MS driver. From there it worked perfectly!

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I am started having troubles with my voice recognition about 3 weeks ago. I have tried going to the file and making it admin and that seemed to shut the game down for 2 days and did not work. I have also tried to go to my computer settings and re train my voice, and that did not work. I also tried to let the game sit before I started talking and that did not work. Overall the issue I am experiencing is I can not speak to tower 3d pro. However I can listen, I can click and tell it to do commands but I can not speak to it. So I am wondering what I should do and if there are any fixes.

I look forward to seeing replies to help me solve this problem.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, scoobflight said:

Provide the information, in detail, as outlined in the first post of this thread.  Without your detailed answers to the questions it is extremely difficult to provide support.

SYSTEM LANGUAGE SET TO ENGLISH(US)*************CHECKED
CORTANA IS WORKING AND YOU CAN TALK TO IT*****CHECKED
SPEECH IS TRAINED************************************CHECKED
SET UP YOUR MICROPHONE (SCREENSHOT IS BELOW)***CHECKED
TOWER3D.EXE IS LAUNCHED IN ADMIN MODE*********CHECKED
MAKE SURE TO USE THE SHIFT BUTTON TO TALK TO TOWER3D***CHECKED
IF YOU RUN ANY ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE MAKE SURE TOWER3D.EXE and TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE IS IN TRUSTED MODE**CHECKED
MAKE SURE THE COMMAND YOU ISSUE USES THE EXACT SYNTAX AS IT IS IN THE MANUAL***CHECKED

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE ENGLISH(US) VOICEPACK (LINK BELOW)***CHECKED
SOUND DRIVER IS THE LATEST*************************CHECKED
MICROPHONE IS WORKING*****************************CHECKED
TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE IS LAUNCHED IN ADMIN MODE *** CHECKED

USE A USB MICROPHONE************************************CHECKED
US VOICE PACK REINSTALLED *** CHECKED

poor recognition calling more than 4 times to response then again no response