The simFlight Network Forums

SPEECH ISSUES

FeelThere_Vic

15 hours ago, crbascott said:

Craig I was under the belief that in tower 2011 there was a file that showed the recognised speech words. I thought this also applied to 3D. Obviously I was wrong (again)

Where do you find the speech recognition status in Win 10?

Kev M

15 hours ago, 707FAN said:

Craig I was under the belief that in tower 2011 there was a file that showed the recognised speech words. I thought this also applied to 3D. Obviously I was wrong (again)

Where do you find the speech recognition status in Win 10?

Kev M

Kev,

By right-clicking on the speech recognition icon in the tray or viewing the speech recognition tool itself.

SR.JPG.79126714d568560646e2b418aa3f0754.JPG

I have found that for best results while playing Tower!3D Pro, that the status should be Off: Do not listen to anything I say.

I am not using the speech recognition feature as you can see from the videos I posted

2 hours ago, crbascott said:

Kev,

By right-clicking on the speech recognition icon in the tray or viewing the speech recognition tool itself.

SR.JPG.79126714d568560646e2b418aa3f0754.JPG

I have found that for best results while playing Tower!3D Pro, that the status should be Off: Do not listen to anything I say.

29 minutes ago, crbascott said:

That's what I thought and unless I'm mistaken it's required.

Why would I need to run that.  The computer is listening and hearing and nowhere in the instructions does it indicate you need to turn on speech recognition.  It says Cortana needs to be installed which is a completely separate feature and that is installed and running

AGAIN the issue is that the game misinterprets what I say. The narrator and Cortana understand me fine. The game doesn’t. Turning on more features doesn’t seem like it will make things easier to troubleshoot

6 hours ago, Someguythere said:

Why would I need to run that.  The computer is listening and hearing and nowhere in the instructions does it indicate you need to turn on speech recognition.  It says Cortana needs to be installed which is a completely separate feature and that is installed and running

AGAIN the issue is that the game misinterprets what I say. The narrator and Cortana understand me fine. The game doesn’t. Turning on more features doesn’t seem like it will make things easier to troubleshoot

You can fight people's help or listen to suggestions and try it ... up to you. You keep pointing to the game having an issue but it works for me and many, many others. It is my understanding the software needs and specifically interfaces with Microsoft's speech recognition, that's why they suggest you train your voice. 

Radar services terminated ...

4 hours ago, hexzed said:

Is it a bluetooth Plantronics headset you are using?

I tried with a headset and could not get it to work either because of the delay.

If it is a bluetooth headset, have you tried a hardwired microphone?

Nope wired usb. Also it wouldn’t explain the behavior of the recognition working out of the game interface but not in it

7 hours ago, Someguythere said:

Why would I need to run that.

Because it's worth trying. Maybe it helps and it's no big deal. Of course you don't have to do anything at all, but then you can't get to the bottom of the problem.

13 hours ago, crbascott said:

I can confirm that, and I just come from a troubleshooting odyssey. Having it activated but not listening works best for me. Seems to keep the speech synthesis triggered. (But that's just a wild guess.)

7 hours ago, Someguythere said:

It says Cortana needs to be installed which is a completely separate feature and that is installed and running

I've disabled Cortana, so it's obviously not necessary to keep it running. I think that's to be understood as a tool: If Cortana can hear you, it should also be possible for the game! But you have to understand that listening and proper interpreting are different things.

4 hours ago, hexzed said:

Is it a bluetooth Plantronics headset you are using? 

Good point! A delay could absolutely cause problems. You could try holding down the PTT button longer or actually try using a wired microphone. Ambient or transmission noise can also be a problem.

When you play the game, you use the core of the speech synthesis that you train during the game and not a, by many users, highly trained tool like Cortana or other tools with speech recognition. The recommended training in advance creates the foundation for further training in the game. This is technically not entirely accurate, but may help understanding.

3 minutes ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

@Someguythere this is right, you need to have your voice recognition turned on, Cortana is not useful here. Please try these suggestions and get back to us with the results. 🙂

On 8/3/2017 at 2:42 AM, FeelThere said:

Dear Folks,

The forum is getting a bit out of hand, people opening new and new topics for speech.
From now we will use this single topics to discuss speech and all other will be locked and directed to this one.

Please make sure to report the following with your initial report otherwise we will delete it to make it clean and readable both for you who needs help and for us who try to help.

SYSTEM LANGUAGE SET TO ENGLISH(US)*************CHECKED
CORTANA IS WORKING AND YOU CAN TALK TO IT*****CHECKED
SPEECH IS TRAINED************************************CHECKED
SET UP YOUR MICROPHONE (SCREENSHOT IS BELOW)***CHECKED
TOWER3D.EXE IS LAUNCHED IN ADMIN MODE*********CHECKED
MAKE SURE TO USE THE SHIFT BUTTON TO TALK TO TOWER3D***CHECKED
IF YOU RUN ANY ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE MAKE SURE TOWER3D.EXE and TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE IS IN TRUSTED MODE**CHECKED
MAKE SURE THE COMMAND YOU ISSUE USES THE EXACT SYNTAX AS IT IS IN THE MANUAL***CHECKED

If it still fails:

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE ENGLISH(US) VOICEPACK (LINK BELOW)***CHECKED
SOUND DRIVER IS THE LATEST*************************CHECKED
MICROPHONE IS WORKING*****************************CHECKED
TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE IS LAUNCHED IN ADMIN MODE *** CHECKED

if it still fails

USE A USB MICROPHONE************************************CHECKED
US VOICE PACK REINSTALLED (instruction further above)*** CHECKED

Im confused, in the original post it CLEARLY SAYS cortana is working and you can talk to it

26 minutes ago, Someguythere said:

Im confused, in the original post it CLEARLY SAYS cortana is working and you can talk to it

this tests that voice recognition is working on your system, not that Cortana is used by the game.  if Cortana doesn't work for sure the OS's voice recognition will not work with the game.

8 hours ago, Jacob Huber said:

i can not do this as i run windows 7 :(

But you can open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button > Control Panel > Ease of Access > Speech Recognition. Now you should be able to "Train your computer to better understand you". Please note, that according to the System Requirements by FeelThere, you need 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate to play Tower!3D Pro. (On the Steam page it is 64 bit Windows 7 Pro.)

14 hours ago, reuter19 said:

I can get speech recognition to work for one command then it stops, ive tried everything to fix it and dont know what else to do. Ive seen other threads on this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32mvmvt2apx2eeq/NSRG.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q64v276jrk6to6/NSRS.txt?dl=0

done with all the basics? 

- Running Tower!3DPro in ADMIN mode

- Computer set to US English

- US English language pack updated. 

- Verified no firewall/antivirus is blocking anything in the game. 

- Speech recognition turned on.

Maybe Windows' Sticky Keys function jumps into focus, or another window that opens in the background.
I would first make sure that the game window doesn't lose focus and disable Sticky Keys. You can do this by pressing the keys WINDOWS LOGO + I under Windows 10, then clicking 'Ease of Access' -> 'Keyboard' and deactivate this function. (In older Windows versions it should work similar.)

sticky.jpg

I have read several posts re. speech issues.  Mine is with TRACON 12:SE.  I also play TOWER 3D PRO and the sound and speech are fine.

I've checked and all TRACON .exe files are set to run as ADMINISTRATOR.

If anyone has solved this issue I'd love to hear how.

...Chuck

Edited by mooch03
Here are links to the logs: speech - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hJyxxOiM4el9rJDXWn5rke230-ryM3MP/view?usp=sharing ; game - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OR0xr7Qy86Akl-Bs3RsKyWyJ2IJIofIf/view?usp=sharing

21 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

My problem is I can say a call sign but for some reason it says a different callsign for example Tom jet 4531 push back approve but it will say virgin or easy 

this is the exact problem I am having and still haven't received a good answer as to what next steps to take

I posted this yesterday and "someone" deleted my comment, don't know exactly why. So I'm here to post again.

The speech is not working in game. This is the error in the speech.log file:

recog_start
re BabbleTimeout: False
re Cancelled: False
re InitialSilenceTimeout: False
re InputStreamEnded: False
re Error: Internal error occurred in the recognition process.

Please help. 

And if you are going to delete my comment at least give me a reason.

3 hours ago, hexzed said:

You have to post in a certain way. Read the initial post. Otherwise they will keep deleting it.

They just delete it without even telling you way or giving you an answer? What kind of customer service is that?