The simFlight Network Forums

Gameplay Reference Cards

ATControl  -- Joe

What's going on everyone.  I was reading through the forums the other day and quite a few people referenced not knowing many of the "REAL WORLD" airlines being used.  I personally know them, however, I even still get tripped up on some of the more 'regional' airlines bought out by the big giants.   Also, the Tower3Dpro manual has commands all over the place which are hard to reference when playing the game.   

I'm here to help you guys.  I put together 2 reference cards (links below b/c the forum allows only bite-sized uploads) --

1.)  A organized commands list by departure stages and arrival from air to ground  ----- 

Tower3Dcommands

2.) A reference card covering almost all of the currently available airlines in the game.  They are alphabetically listed AND include a picture of the tail (because ATC is not just reading a screen, it's SEEING your target on the field when possible.  I did find some extra airlines rolling around at LAX this evening, and had to include those on the lower row of the table.  ((Both cards, if you wanted to print them, should be printable on a landscape layout.  I'll update both cards with future posts as new commands and airlines become available. ---- 

AirlineReferenceCardwhiteAirlineReferenceCard

ENJOY!!!

Joe P (NoleJP)

Nice work with that!  Quesiton:  Who is "SLI?"  I can't understand the name they're saying.  I usually see EMB-135/145s in LAX with SLIxxx.

Also, "Compass Rose" drives me crazy lol.  You only ever hear "Compass" on the radio. :D

Andrew,

Sure thing and thanks for catching that.  I uploaded the black background instead of the white one.  I blame too many hours on the sim.  I'll get it on later today.  Keep checking back.  

Winsaudi, 

I actually saw it on someone's YT video gameplay.  I'm pretty sure it was a JFK gameplay.  I had to write it down because the guy playing didn't even try to say it he just used the command buttons to issue it on.  Let me see if I can relocate that video and I'll screen cap it. 

Joey,

Thanks for the screenshot. I have looked at the relevant Real Traffic files.

In kjfk_schedule the line is: GIG,JFK,763,JJ,9678,08:30,12:00,1,JJ so this means the airline is JJ so ...

In kjfk_airlines the line is: TAM, JJ, TAM, TAM Linhas Aereas, Brazil.

What this should mean is that appearing on the KJFK radar at 0830 is a TAM Linhas Aereas flight from Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, flight number TAM9678, callsign TAM 9678, a Boeing 767-300. Which, according to kjfk_terminal, will park at terminal 8.

The screengrab you have recently kindly provided suggests someone has modified their RT files seemingly incorrectly as BLC is not a listed line in kjfk_airlines. Furthermore, an airline from Belarus, Bellesavia, would seem inconguous if flying from Rio to NY.

Forgive my overly zealous attention to detail! Your original 2 links show great initiative, a lot of work, and will provide great references for many. Again, good job!

Wayne

1 hour ago, winsaudi said:

Joey,

Thanks for the screenshot. I have looked at the relevant Real Traffic files.

In kjfk_schedule the line is: GIG,JFK,763,JJ,9678,08:30,12:00,1,JJ so this means the airline is JJ so ...

In kjfk_airlines the line is: TAM, JJ, TAM, TAM Linhas Aereas, Brazil.

What this should mean is that appearing on the KJFK radar at 0830 is a TAM Linhas Aereas flight from Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, flight number TAM9678, callsign TAM 9678, a Boeing 767-300. Which, according to kjfk_terminal, will park at terminal 8.

The screengrab you have recently kindly provided suggests someone has modified their RT files seemingly incorrectly as BLC is not a listed line in kjfk_airlines. Furthermore, an airline from Belarus, Bellesavia, would seem inconguous if flying from Rio to NY.

Forgive my overly zealous attention to detail! Your original 2 links show great initiative, a lot of work, and will provide great references for many. Again, good job!

Wayne

Nope - no modifying of RT files. What we have here is the difference between old and new real traffic versions of the airlines.txt file.

OLD - BLC, JJ, TAM MERIDIONAL, TAM Linhas Aereas, Brazil
NEW - TAM, JJ, TAM, TAM Linhas Aereas, Brazil

Joe correctly interpreted BLC as BELLESAVIA, but using the old RT version it would have been spoken as TAM MERIDIONAL. 

I'd definitely recommend upgrading to the current version of RT (Nyerges did some cleanup work). Unfortunately, the announcement was embedded in a topic that was probably missed by a lot of folks. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/83424-jet-blue-text-for-t3dpro/#comment-506536

Craig

OK, so with the mystery solved about Bellesavia, please check back to the initial post on this thread.  I have revamped the airline reference cards with both a black and white background (white background for printer friendly use).  I have removed Bellesavia and added in Korean Air Lines.  Enjoy all!

A few quick observations:

- You have Allegiant also listed under Asiana

- Also, not trying to nitpick, but it's "Allegiant" vs "Alligiant" (simple typo)

- Airborne Express should go by "ABEX," but I haven't heard them in the game so you're probably right with the "Airborne Express" callsign.  (It's actually ABX Air in real life these days...I had an interview offer with them, but chose not to go!)

- Norwegian in-game goes by "North Shuttle," I believe.  ??  Heard that in LAX.

Sorry, I don't mean to point those out in a negative way...you did an awesome job putting all of that together!

Playing late night LAX and came across "ELY5"

I refered to your chart and not there, if you want to add this maybe.

At the time I couldnt understand what voice rec was saying, so just had to manually handle it.

quick google shows

El Al LY 5

Tel Aviv to Los Angeles

For future reference, in each airport folder there is a file called xxxx_airlines.txt (where xxxx is the airport ICAO code). The format of the file is ICAO, IATA, call sign, airline, country. The call sign is how the sim should pronounce the airline piece of the flight number. Below is what you'll see for ELY.

ELY, LY, ELAL, El Al Israel Airlines, Israel

Yeah I can get cracking on changing them up.  I'm out of town the next few days but when i get back mid-week I'll hammer it out.  Shouldn't take too long since I've already got most of the data. 

VIC & DEVELOPERS -- Obvs got a hit with these cards.  Any chance you guys can key me in on what is going to be flying at LAS, PHX & BOS so I can get them prepped?  Help me so I can help your community! :)

5 hours ago, NoleJP said:

VIC & DEVELOPERS -- Obvs got a hit with these cards.  Any chance you guys can key me in on what is going to be flying at LAS, PHX & BOS so I can get them prepped?  Help me so I can help your community! :)

Nole JP.

Do a google search on the airport you are interested in. One hit is a Wikipedia for that A/P site. Open that. It gives you a list of the operators into the airport & the cities they serve. It is reasonably accurate & updated regularly. That's how I make sure that I don't miss out on an airline in mt home made schedules.

Kev M