The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Schedules

coyotedelmar

Since we are on PHL today, I know it's a stretch, but I noticed the de-ice spots off Zulu taxiway don't exist in the game either.  I feel like the game is missing so many of the little pieces that would make it so polished.  Used to live in Philly and that Tinicum Island Rd over by the Express Park was a cool spot to watch de-ice in the winter.  Wish they would add in some add'l features 

8 minutes ago, NoleJP said:

Since we are on PHL today, I know it's a stretch, but I noticed the de-ice spots off Zulu taxiway don't exist in the game either.  I feel like the game is missing so many of the little pieces that would make it so polished.  Used to live in Philly and that Tinicum Island Rd over by the Express Park was a cool spot to watch de-ice in the winter.  Wish they would add in some add'l features 

Agreed. That's sort of my issue with the current pricing. Much of the current game feels like a basic cell phone game lacking a lot of polish and stability. I continually have planes that, after pushback, will simply refuse to move with nothing anywhere near them. This happens almost every session at the B terminal. The lack of GA. The lack of cargo. Every take-off has a major stutter. The interface is buggy and limited (like using a shift key for voice and no ability to change it). I also have Ivona voices and using them is really confusing and hit and miss. It's a game with a TON of potential, but so much is unrealized right now.

7 hours ago, crbascott said:

No, cargo flights would be in the regular schedule file. Keep in mind, you can create or modify an existing schedule file and include as much cargo traffic as you want.  

Is this documented somewhere? I'm brand new to the product. I'd be curious to see the inner workings and I'm sure someone must be working to link FlightAware data with this.

On 8/14/2017 at 5:42 AM, Agrajag said:

Thanks. I'll do exactly that. Didn't realize, as I noted, that such a command was even possible as I've been mainly leaning on the built-in interface to figure out the game.

Any chance you'd want to share that?

Agrajag

Sorry I was a bit slow getting back

As I made the schedule from scratch, although the data come from flight aware I feel I can share it without causing any problems with copyright.

My KPHL .txt file is attached.

A little hint: If you want to Stop an A/C appearing in the game but not delete it from the list open a text editor and put // in front of the entry. It will be ignored. This is handy for when the schedule is too busy for you to handle but don't want to delete the A/C from the schedule.

Kev M

kphl_schedule.txt

1 hour ago, 707FAN said:

A little hint: If you want to Stop an A/C appearing in the game but not delete it from the list open a text editor and put // in front of the entry. It will be ignored. This is handy for when the schedule is too busy for you to handle but don't want to delete the A/C from the schedule.

Thanks for the file and the help with it. First up is finding out how to get RC for the various aircraft missing colors (see other post) and then how to add realistic GA for KPHL. Then I'll look to combine the different schedules people have to have both typical flights and cargo flights.

22 hours ago, Agrajag said:

Is this documented somewhere? I'm brand new to the product. I'd be curious to see the inner workings and I'm sure someone must be working to link FlightAware data with this.

Did a bit on schedules on a recent stream, only posting it as it's easier then typing it out (I tried that once, it was a pain haha). Should do one on GA sometime, something definitely needs work on as it's lacking outside of TIST. 

https://youtu.be/eDHc8LS4CZ0?t=40m27s

Bunch of credit to dickparker, schedule creator is what got me into digging into the files, and mostly how I figured things out if I recall. 

14 hours ago, coyotedelmar said:

Bunch of credit to dickparker, schedule creator is what got me into digging into the files, and mostly how I figured things out if I recall. 

I second that credit to dickparker, although I have never used his SC he helped me a while ago to understand the schedule files and how easy it is to modify them.  Because it is so easy that is why I don't understand why so many of the Real Traffic schedules are so out of date. But I believe that coincident with the release of KLAS will be a big update of RT. I await the update with anticipation. No more Cactus at KPHL?

• Upvote 1

There was some "controversy" when Pro was first released about the appearance of the Cactus call sign while using RT. The issue was (and still is) with the airlines.txt file as the IATA code of US appears for both Piedmont (PDT) and US Airways (AWE). It's obvious from the airplane type in the schedule file for KPHL that the intended airline is Piedmont, but some folks were hearing the Cactus callsign instead.

Hopefully, Nyerges will clean up the airlines and refresh the schedules soon. 

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82882-tower3d-pro-and-real-color/?do=findComment&comment=501812

A small trap for schedule creators is A/C arriving & departing using the same flight numbers. This is mostly "Express" or "Connection" type operators.

In Tower 2011 & 3D is probably the same, if one operators A/C arrives & departs in the same session with the same flt nbr, the departure one may not move from the terminal or be ignored because the game has already handled an A/C of that operator with that flt nbr. What I do is go through the schedule & change any duplicate flt nbrs on one operator to make them all unique. That way all flights are recognised.

To do this I import the .txt file to Excel & manipulate it there, then convert it back to a .txt file.

All this might seem old hat to the older  players but might be of value the newer guys making their own schedules.

Kev M

• Upvote 1