The simFlight Network Forums

Radar contact window problem

Hi Peter, I have a problem with P3D v4 for use the software RADAR CONTACT, before, the application works with a window inside the simulator, now there is only a unaesthetic green bar.

How can we solve this problem?

attached the link for the discussion in the AVSIM FORUM

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/517996-p3d-v4-green-menu-and-not-window/

6 hours ago, zannu said:

Hi Peter, I have a problem with P3D v4 for use the software RADAR CONTACT, before, the application works with a window inside the simulator, now there is only a unaesthetic green bar.

Your copy of FSUIPC is out of date then! Try 5.112, the currently supported version.

It will still not be like it was in FSX and P3D3, because the facilities just don't exist in P3D4, and I'm not hacking into code as I used to. But the revised window you'll see is better. It won't be entitled "Radar Contact" because the facility to change the title does not exist!

With either type of display, your "Green bar" or the better one in 5.112, you can always move them and resize them to suit. FSUIPC will try to remember the new sizes and positions, but if you change your P3D window, say from full screen to windowed or vice versa, the overlaid windows will not be in the right position.

Pete

• 1 year later...
On 8/21/2017 at 4:03 AM, Pete Dowson said:

Your copy of FSUIPC is out of date then! Try 5.112, the currently supported version.

It will still not be like it was in FSX and P3D3, because the facilities just don't exist in P3D4, and I'm not hacking into code as I used to. But the revised window you'll see is better. It won't be entitled "Radar Contact" because the facility to change the title does not exist!

With either type of display, your "Green bar" or the better one in 5.112, you can always move them and resize them to suit. FSUIPC will try to remember the new sizes and positions, but if you change your P3D window, say from full screen to windowed or vice versa, the overlaid windows will not be in the right position.

Pete

Pete,

First let me tell you how grateful I am for all you have done for our wonderful hobby. 

I posted a topic on this forum regarding my issue with displaying the Radar Contact window in native VR. I also posted on the LM forum and this is the reply I received:

Hello,

Is the Radar Contact you are using something you have developed, or possibly a 3rd party add-on?

Scaleform windows should show in VR. If the message window you're referring to created as a Scaleform window, you should be able to make it appear in VR. 

Here's some more information on Scaleform panels:
https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/pane ... orial.html

Regards,
Kayla

I was wondering if the issue is because the interface window is actually being created and/or manipulated by FSUIPC. I run the latest paid version and it works beautifully in 2D as I stated in the other post.

Any insight would be gravely appreciated.

Joe

6 hours ago, Powayjoe said:

I posted a topic on this forum regarding my issue with displaying the Radar Contact window in native VR.

So why are you posting again only an hour afterwards? It just makes more work for us in support.

Please see your thread.

Pete