The simFlight Network Forums

Inquiry: Change to RWY + Cleared to Land command

Pdubya

Hello all:

For all the veteran Tower3D players out there- has anyone been able to create a command that combines "Change to RWY XX" and/or "Enter Final RWY XX" with "Cleared to Land" and had it work? I am trying to slice a few seconds off my overall VR response times in-game and currently you have to make two separate commands to the arrival flight, one to change the runway, then a second to give the clear to land on the new runway.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Well rats. I guess we would need to convince Vic to change the way the program is coded.

Perhaps a check in there so that planes cannot be "auto-approached" on a runway that they are not capable of landing on. It already knows (and refuses the runway #) after you clear the flight to land, so why not before the approach? I mean, we currently have no input on which runway arrivals are assigned to... seems like a logical next step to me.

I have not tried this yet but, see if it works:

Go to you main Tower3D directory and open the file Twer3D.rec.  Copy paste the following command  at the end of the file, and then save it:

#airplane1; ENTER FINAL RUNWAY ;#runway1; CLEARED TO LAND

Theoretically this should work, as similar combos have been made by other users.  If it does not work, or causes conflicts, then delete it.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew! I will try it later today for sure. I have already made some v. small tweaks to other things. I had to change Avianca to Avianka in the airlines.txt file as the game simply refuses to understand my pronunciation of the original. Works like a charm.

Thanks again!

Paul

6 hours ago, Avwriter said:

#airplane1; ENTER FINAL RUNWAY ;#runway1; CLEARED TO LAND

Theoretically this should work, as similar combos have been made by other users.  If it does not work, or causes conflicts, then delete it.

The combos made by other users are commands that will work via the command line, but were not in the tower3d.rec file.

I have found that if a command does not work when typed in to the command line, it will not work via voice.  There are a couple commands that are available through the command line that are not in the tower3d.rec file as mentioned in other topics, and these can be added to the tower3d.rec file.  However, I have not found any commands that are in the the tower3d.rec file that cannot be issued via the command line.

So if the command "SWA3452 ENTER FINAL RUNWAY 27 CLEARED TO LAND" is not acknowledged when using the command line, I could almost guarantee that it will not work when added to the tower3d.rec file.

Sorry to be such a downer Danny,
RickyJ